A Pair of HP-1000's just went for $45.00 on Ebay!
Oct 24, 2006 at 11:21 AM Post #122 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by oic929
I think they have just been relisted. Buy it now price $1900 http://cgi.ebay.com/GRADO-HP-1000-ST...QQcmdZViewItem

well jeff that sure is a steal
rolleyes.gif
better buy 'em.

Oct 24, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #123 of 283
So I just get to work this morning and check Head-fi and this tread...Jeez, what a unfortunate chain of events
frown.gif

I feel really bad for the original winner. I figured that everyone on the board would have the tact to let the man get one hell of a deal (but, I guess I was wrong
rolleyes.gif
).

Oct 24, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #128 of 283
you know what I find most amusing about this thiread, I have heard the HP-1000's and I dont even think they sound that good... the highs sound, like, far away... i think the HF-1's sound better than the HP-1000's... but hey what do I know...

but I did like the comment that was made about almost all of the best headphones out there are discontinued... so they will continue to go up in price as they stop being traded as much

Oct 24, 2006 at 1:36 PM Post #129 of 283
Can you say, "Sour Grapes?"

The seller, "kjiws" should have their eBay account closed. All it takes is a couple of complaints. So hop to it folks. If there is even one zero feedback bidder in that auction, it's report to eBay for suspicion of Shill bidding time. That coupled with the seller breaking eBay sales rules, would probably get the seller's account closed.

HP-1000's are worth about $50 to my ears.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Oct 24, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #130 of 283
This is a good reason to ban posting eBay links?

If you’re looking for something them – you’re looking for something, if your not looking then you don’t deserve the item.

Who ever bought them originally deserves them for the original price. The buyer put in the time and should be rewarded for their effort.

Whoever contacted the Seller is a complete Ass and not someone I will be dealing with.

Mitch

Oct 24, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #131 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogewo
The original winning bidder wasn't simply about to get a good deal on some headphones, he was knowingly taking advantage of the seller by an extremely large margin. Although the seller probably wasn't losing money and could have done more research, and making that bid wasn't actively lying, there is no injustice in revealing to the seller the whole truth: that he has undervalued his item by 50 times. Bidder lost his bargain, seller gained one he didn't know he had.

I'll also add that value-- be it of headphones, real estate, or anyting-- can be described as inflated if you only consider its functional worth. Factor in supply and demand, and inflation becomes insignificant. More people want it than can have it even if it were free, and every item that is available will still find an equally deserving owner.

FIrst of all, Jeff didn't reveal any whole truths to the seller. He outright LIED to him, as a matter of fact, because he was a spiteful jerk. The HP1000 is NOT worth $2500. It GOES for $1200-1500 here because people stupidly pay it for a headphone that retailed at $450-600. That doesn't mean some seller on eBay should get the same ripoff, jackass price people pay here. It's a different market, as you'll see if you compare the various prices on the forums versus eBay. The seller deserves nothing except what he originally asked for. You're right about him discovering a value he didn't know he had, but think about it this way:if he'd sold it and shipped it out for $45 dollars, he would've happily gone on his way with his $45. The buyer, on the other hand, would've been absolutely THRILLED with his or her bargain. Now the seller's probably pretty darn happy that he's going to get a lot more money than he expected, but I can tell you the buyer will be dead miserable over this.

Oct 24, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #132 of 283
I simply cannot believe my eyes
tongue.gif
I hope more ignorant people sell their HP-1000 at second hand prices too
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by oic929
I think they have just been relisted. Buy it now price $1900 http://cgi.ebay.com/GRADO-HP-1000-ST...QQcmdZViewItem

So he realised
tongue.gif
This pair looks pristine except for a missing screw. The lettering is completely intact.

Oct 24, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #133 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825
Will Jeff come back to headfi? -_-;

But seriously, that was very very uncool. :/

Did he leave? If so, I hope not. I don't think we want people like that around. I think I would be 1000x more pist if I was the original winner. Did you see the text on the cups, it is almost perfect. For $45 that was the deal of the decade here.

Oct 24, 2006 at 2:38 PM Post #134 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Did he leave? If so, I hope not. I don't think we want people like that around. I think I would be 1000x more pist if I was the original winner. Did you see the text on the cups, it is almost perfect. For $45 that was the deal of the decade here.

He's probably going to pull a quoteunquote and ignore this thread completely now, but still lurk around here and there.

Oct 24, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #135 of 283
I posted an Ebay auction link here once. Took some flak for it and it was my bad. But just a thought. If the link and info about this Ebay sale hadn't been posted for say 3-4 days after the auction then the headphones would have been on their way to the buyer for the $45 selling price. Then all this would be moot. Well maybe not as someone could have still rubbed the true value of the phones in the seller's face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back