A Pair of HP-1000's just went for $45.00 on Ebay!
Oct 24, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #76 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Net spent since coming to Head-Fi: $1907.51

Ok, so I will post here again.

Now THAT'S a good idea for a thread... the amount you've spent since being a member of head-fi.

I've only been here since April and only been posting for maybe 2 or 3 weeks but I guess my tally so far is only:

$399 for the Triple.Fi's, minus a $25 discount coming to $374, plus tax and shipping, totalling $415.00.

But in all fairness, I did browse head-fi before buying my Super.Fi Pro 5 clears at Guitar Center for $200, but just wasn't a member yet.

etysmile.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #77 of 283
I think forum rules should be amended to prohibit linking to online auctions - this is not the first example when doing so led to tension and disappointment among members. This harms the community and is best avoided. People can notify their friends via PM.

Oct 24, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #79 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.h
hahaha nice!!!

I sent the guy a message telling him I (and many others) would have bought them for $2500, then told him I hope that $50 goes to good use!

you lame pr1ck.

Oct 24, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #81 of 283
They seem to have miraculously gone from good condition to excellent condition with amazing sound too.

Oct 24, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #82 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
They seem to have miraculously gone from good condition to excellent condition with amazing sound too.

of course! $45=good sound, $1900=amazing sound
rolleyes.gif
too bad for the original buyer...

Oct 24, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #84 of 283
Ahahahahahahaha

Whooo...

HAHAHAHAHA

Take that, Head-fi! Hahaha.

What a travesty
frown.gif

Edit: Referring to the whole scope of events as they occurred. The winner of the auction was totally boned, paradoxically, by the greed-by-proxy of individuals on this forum. It is blatant interference and definitely uncool. Way to be, gents!

Oct 24, 2006 at 7:31 AM Post #85 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvse
this is not the first example when doing so led to tension and disappointment among members. This harms the community and is best avoided.

And you're just noticing this? I lost faith in this "community" a long time ago. It's crystal clear that this place is populated by a bunch of opportunistic, profiteering, headphone-hoarding, "do whatever it takes to win" types. There is no community here, just a gathering of headphone stock traders who happen to like the same material posessions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma
The starting bid is now $9.99 with a Buy It Now of $1900 (which is still WAY overpriced..)

The HP-1000's have been overpriced for years now. It reminds me of the housing market in California, tiny piece of sh!t houses are worth half a million dollars now when they used to be worth a quarter of that back in the early nineties.

Oct 24, 2006 at 7:31 AM Post #86 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.h
hahaha nice!!!

I sent the guy a message telling him I (and many others) would have bought them for $2500, then told him I hope that $50 goes to good use!

man, you are lucky I wasn't the buyer of the first bid, because if so, at this time you will be run like hell praying for mercy!
very_evil_smiley.gif
rolleyes.gif

Andrew

Oct 24, 2006 at 7:33 AM Post #87 of 283
Mods, could you possibly make a rule- I have lost out to so many sales that I researched for to lose to a head-fier. It just creates hostility...

Oct 24, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #89 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex
if i was the original winner. i would make a new account and put in a max bid for $1000000.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Why?

and fwiw the reserve is higher than 25.03 lol
tongue.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #90 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyre
And you're just noticing this? I lost faith in this "community" a long time ago. It's crystal clear that this place is populated by a bunch of opportunistic, profiteering, headphone-hoarding, "do whatever it takes to win" types. There is no community here, just a gathering of headphone stock traders who happen to like the same material posessions.

geez, who screwed you over?
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back