A Pair of HP-1000's just went for $45.00 on Ebay!
Oct 24, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #61 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
True.. Its also messed up that members here would try to buy the headphones off the winner for 60-90 bucks..

If he listed it as a buy it now, that means he was happy to get that amount of money. ANd how is buying used, not so great condition, out of production, and very expensive/difficult to repair headphones that went for $450 or so new for $45 + shipping 'messed up'? Their going market price is what's messed up. What if the winner of that auction couldn't afford the normal price, and that was his/her dream headphone? I'd understand this point of view if the buyer had conned the seller out of it by persuading him into selling and not telling him anything about the headphone, but when someone goes to eBay and lists a price, this means he or she is actively seeking a sale at said price. Nothing about taking it constitutes immorality.

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #62 of 283
Jeff.h should buy it for $2500 like he said he would.

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #63 of 283
Oh dear
blink.gif
, oh dear
eek.gif
, oh dear
mad.gif
, oh dear
blink.gif
, oh dear
frown.gif
. And each of those applies to a different oh dear in this thread.

Oh dear.
plainface.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #64 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
If he listed it as a buy it now, that means he was happy to get that amount of money. ANd how is buying used, not so great condition, out of production, and very expensive/difficult to repair headphones that went for $450 or so new for $45 + shipping 'messed up'? Their going market price is what's messed up. What if the winner of that auction couldn't afford the normal price, and that was his/her dream headphone? I'd understand this point of view if the buyer had conned the seller out of it by persuading him into selling and not telling him anything about the headphone, but when someone goes to eBay and lists a price, this means he or she is actively seeking a sale at said price. Nothing about taking it constitutes immorality.

You missed my point totally.. I'm talking about head fiers sending the winner of the 55.00 phones emails about buying for 60.00-90.00..Knowing damn well they are worth tons more. If some head fiers want to deceive others to get a rare headphone thats on them. I know they wouldn't like it done to them. Noboy likes to be taken advantage of. Ofcourse this doesn't matter now, since Jeff told the seller they sell for 2,500, which they don't..& the guy that won them got screwed..

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #65 of 283
Quote:

You missed my point totally.. I'm talking about head fiers sending the winner of the 55.00 phones emails about buying for 60.00-90.00..Knowing damn well they are worth tons more. If some head fiers want to deceive others to get a rare headphone thats on them. I know they wouldn't like it done to them. Noboy likes to be taken advantage of. Ofcourse this doesn't matter now, since Jeff told the seller they sell for 2,500, which they don't..& the guy that won them got screwed..

Oh, yeah. I totally missed your point. I had no idea that was going on in the first place. Didn't read the early part of the thread.

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #66 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Oh dear
blink.gif
, oh dear
eek.gif
, oh dear
mad.gif
, oh dear
blink.gif
, oh dear
frown.gif
. And each of those applies to a different oh dear in this thread.

Oh dear.
plainface.gif

Oh dear...
redface.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #68 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.h
hahaha nice!!!

I sent the guy a message telling him I (and many others) would have bought them for $2500, then told him I hope that $50 goes to good use!

man, totally not cool.

looking at the new buy it now price, the seller backed out and relisted because of your message.

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #69 of 283
If it makes anyone feel any better, I sent the seller a far more detailed and honest description of the original pricing structure and the current market prices. They (guessing the seller and his wife) were quite nice about it and said they'd take it into consideration. This of course doesn't return the great deal to our poor original winner, but it does mean it'll probably be on the radar for serious HP1000 fans here at Head-Fi.

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #70 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Jeff.h should buy it for $2500 like he said he would.

AYE!

Oct 24, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #71 of 283
That is BS, 2.5k for an HP1000...I'm thinking he buys them, and then gives them away to make it up to the community
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #72 of 283
Wow, that's really messed up. If I were the buyer, I'd be really mad.

I wonder what the reserve is.

Oct 24, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #73 of 283
Quote:

I don't see this as deceitful at all. If the seller is too lazy to do a two-minute search on his product, then that's on him or her.

Maybe circuit city should turn everyone away by not allowing consumers to purchase one of their Dell computers because they know you can get it cheaper across the street at BestBuy. Maybe all the people planning on purchasing a new PS3 should give Sony an extra couple of hundred dollars because they're taking a loss on the unit and many individuals are more than willing to purchase it at double the price on Ebay.

Oct 24, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #74 of 283
Wow, what a turn of events! I'd imagine we won't hear from Jeff.h in a while...

Oct 24, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #75 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by awptickes
Wow, that's really messed up. If I were the buyer, I'd be really mad.

I wonder what the reserve is.

And if you've noticed, Jeff.h hasn't made one post since then, cuz he knows he made a serious "boo boo"

I'm just jammin with my ipod and my super.fi 5 pro now, with the reverse mod [and I like both ways by the way, but the mod is more comfortable, doesn't quite reveal as much accuracy, but will give you a larger and wider soundstage if rotated a tiny bit upwards, and make it sound more like it is coming from in front of you and above instead of from inside your head or to the sides]. If you have a pair of Super.Fi 5 pros, play with them. I plan on playing around with my Triple.Fi's big time...... SO EXCITED!!!

But back to Jeff.h, you seriously need to apologize to the seller --- and maybe to the users here for causing such a seriously rapid posting spree out of anger.

With that said, I've commented enough on this thread... back to the good headphone stuffage...

"All I want for Xmas are my two front teeth and my Triple.Fi's..... but thankfully the triple.fi's will be arriving sooner, I have my two front teeth, and I'm Jewish"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back