A nice(?), simple chip amplifier
Nov 17, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #18 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iron_horse.jpg

totally off topic for the thread (and apologies for that), but what do you use to draw these schematics?

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #19 of 123
They do look like something from the 40's =P

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #20 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobaltmute /img/forum/go_quote.gif
totally off topic for the thread (and apologies for that), but what do you use to draw these schematics?

Well, I first started creating the symbols in AutoCAD some 20 years ago or so, and then some years later ported them into a vector graphics program similar to CorelDRAW called Xara (and at the time I bought it many years ago, Xara was owned by Corel).

I still use the same process and programs today.

se

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #21 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They do look like something from the 40's =P

Being something of an anachronist, I was influenced by schematic drawings from the 30's and 40's when I created the symbols that I use.
atsmile.gif

se

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #24 of 123
Quote:

Well, I first started creating the symbols in AutoCAD some 20 years ago or so, and then some years later ported them into a vector graphics program similar to CorelDRAW called Xara (and at the time I bought it many years ago, Xara was owned by Corel).

I still use the same process and programs today.

se

That explains why they look like art. I do like the look.

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #25 of 123
Quote:

Holly came from Miami, F.L.A.
Hitch-hiked her way across the USA
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she
She says, Hey babe
Take a walk on the wild side
Hey honey
Take a walk on the wild side

wildside.jpg

atsmile.gif

se

Open loop diamond buffer (that's what the BUF634 is) ? You'll have to deal with DC offset.

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #26 of 123
With OPA627 you can't go (much) wrong. This could be a fine sounding amp.

Some suggestions:
1. I think the gain is far to high. You'll have problem adjusting the volume and the amp will be noisy.

2. If your source doesn't have DC on it's output (it's probably already capacitor coupled) you dont need the C1 cap. I think an input resistor will do more good.

3. If you're using a 50k pot, the R1 resistor should be something like 470k to 1M.

4. A resistor between opamp and buffer might increase the stability. Use something like 47R to 100R.

5. How the return currents are handled is as important as L/R channels. 3-channel topology, IC-regulators, large and good capacitors - the choice is yours, but make it good. I know what I like but I'm not going to start a war in this thread.

6. Why not use a PIMETA v2 board? Room for fancy capacitors? With a DC-coupled 3 ch amp, who cares about capacitors!

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #28 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00940 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Open loop diamond buffer (that's what the BUF634 is) ? You'll have to deal with DC offset.

True enough. It was a bit too flippant of me to tack on the BUF-634 label like that. I was only intending to get the basic idea across rather than produce a buildable schematic.

I've edited the image to make it more generic.

se

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #29 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00940 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No problems. Just add a resistor or CCS to the input to balance the bias currents.

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #30 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slash47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.......I personally don't like the lack of space on some ready made PCB's.....

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. I'd prefer a bit more space sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back