A little about the Shozy Alien
Mar 19, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #3,046 of 3,124
  Never letting you go again Alien! This thing is more magical than Disneyland.. That soundstage, the bass, the PRaT! I swear, there will never be a better sounding DAP for IEMs. It's just killing it with my CK10 and UM3X. I don't even mind the UI and could probably live with the hiss. Still, I got a Glacier coming in hot. Here's hoping for one hell of a soundstage :wink:

beerchug.gif

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #3,050 of 3,124
I ain't spending that much for hiss, gotta wait for more impressions lol. I already talked to a couple members about the Shozy Magic amp but if anyone else has experience with it I'd love to here more feedback.

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #3,053 of 3,124
Alien gold has a bit of hiss to but doesn't mean it is bad:sunglasses:

Alien Gold hiss is pretty bad (like listening to FM radio station with the frequency .1 off) with my one pair of super hiss-sensitive iem.... but that's ok because I don't like those IEMs anyway :D

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #3,055 of 3,124
^ don't pair small 3 inch speakers with a 1000W tube amp LOL

yes hiss/ bg noise control is important but then pair it responsibly,
and if it is too hissy, there is the ifi iem match dongle that could help
I owned the ifi-match and while it serves its purpose well, you would probably lose a lot of headroom pairing it with the Alien since it cuts back on a lot of hiss. It's meant for taming sources with high output and even then only works well with single driver IEMs since it works in a similar way as adding impedance to those IEMs. This wouldn't be the case if the Alien was able to maintain composure driving more difficult loads.

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #3,056 of 3,124
I owned the ifi-match and while it serves its purpose well, you would probably lose a lot of headroom pairing it with the Alien since it cuts back on a lot of hiss. It's meant for taming sources with high output and even then only works well with single driver IEMs since it works in a similar way as adding impedance to those IEMs. This wouldn't be the case if the Alien was able to maintain composure driving more difficult loads.

that is why from the beginning the impedance should be on the earphone driver!
And daps shall be enhancing the output power, not just increasing the battery size....

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #3,060 of 3,124
Alien Gold hiss is pretty bad (like listening to FM radio station with the frequency .1 off) with my one pair of super hiss-sensitive iem.... but that's ok because I don't like those IEMs anyway
biggrin.gif

I also have some very sensitive CIEMs and I don't know how is its hiss paired with the Alien Gold compared to what you describe (I don't use FM radio
biggrin.gif
), but I can still hear it whilst it is bearable and constant.

And I love my CIEMs
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back