A little about the Shozy Alien
Mar 5, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #3,033 of 3,124

Why would you have two lol? I mean if it sucked first time, did you order another?

Anyway, I have one now, and disagree, it sounds pretty ok through my PFE 232's, some tracks sounding better than the Alien Shozy. Price and value wise it's been a pretty good purchase.

familiar player, I listened to him back in 2012 with headphones ie80.

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #3,035 of 3,124
  Looking at the design held me back for ordering one...

02115029e9d3254d775e6bb1cb611437.jpg

We sometimes struggle between paying more for a fancier design or keep it simple so that it is perceived as more professional....

but when you have it on your hands... bet you will love it.

Mar 6, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #3,036 of 3,124

02115029e9d3254d775e6bb1cb611437.jpg

We sometimes struggle between paying more for a fancier design or keep it simple so that it is perceived as more professional....

but when you have it on your hands... bet you will love it.

I actually like the funky Alien aesthetic looks, but it lacks functionality (such as the main button panel being too cramped and misfires easily occuring. For a 'shuffle' style DAP that's main advantage (over screened) is that blind control should be possible they didn't make it easy on the user, hence why some members here (myself included) added bumper protector bits onto the buttons to give more tactile feedback.

Then there is the case of no case... lol, which imo is a must when selling a really nice $250 brushed/sanded metal gorgeous DAP... not even a pouch included! Shame on you!

haha, but no, I think it looks good, I only hope that version two of the Alien takes these things into consideration, I hope Shozy returns with Alien+ in the near future hopefully incorporating these concerns into a better shuffle style DAP, and if they do they will more than likely get my monies.

Mar 6, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #3,037 of 3,124
Looking at the design held me back for ordering one...

As someone that tends to carry dap in hand while walking around it's actually a nice shape for holding.
Agree with complaints about button layout though, especially for in-pocket use.

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #3,039 of 3,124
So is there going to be a Alien+ or was just a joke?
I would like a similar simple design as Alien with longer battery life and similar price.Maybe 24 bit/192 khz files playback if i am not asking too much.:wink:

Link to Alien+ thread : http://www.head-fi.org/t/832016/shozy-alien
However it does not strike in the same price range and I do not know about the remaining criterias that are yours :wink:

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #3,045 of 3,124
Never letting you go again Alien! This thing is more magical than Disneyland.. That soundstage, the bass, the PRaT! I swear, there will never be a better sounding DAP for IEMs. It's just killing it with my CK10 and UM3X. I don't even mind the UI and could probably live with the hiss. Still, I got a Glacier coming in hot. Here's hoping for one hell of a soundstage :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back