A little about the Shozy Alien
Apr 12, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #2,461 of 3,124

Thanks for info musicday. Also I just read your comment and really looking for your review as I'm thinking to buy Alien.

No hiss on my player as well. Its only in its first day of usage. Its the Gold edition.

Notes so far: 

1. It has great synergy with the Shozy Cygnus earbud. Really great.
  2. The UI isn't hard to figure out. Super-simple and effective.
  3. I do hear a faint pop...it isn't even a pop really...more like a tic on a vinyl record in a silent passage...between tracks. I don't mind this, but I am a vinyl nerd, it evokes happy feelings in me, the sound of a needle dropping on a record. 
  4. The gold color is more of a rose gold color on mine. Personally don't care though.

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #2,472 of 3,124

No hiss on my player as well. Its only in its first day of usage. Its the Gold edition.

Notes so far: 

1. It has great synergy with the Shozy Cygnus earbud. Really great.
  2. The UI isn't hard to figure out. Super-simple and effective.
  3. I do hear a faint pop...it isn't even a pop really...more like a tic on a vinyl record in a silent passage...between tracks. I don't mind this, but I am a vinyl nerd, it evokes happy feelings in me, the sound of a needle dropping on a record. 
  4. The gold color is more of a rose gold color on mine. Personally don't care though.

Further discoveries:

1. It does go alphabetically, but my one isn't reading anything over 16/44.1. I have an email in to Shozy asking why. I might be wrong, but I thought the Gold was meant to go beyond 16/44.1. 
  2. Was glad to figure out the pause button.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #2,475 of 3,124
I think there's no pause button but don't know about 16/44.1
On specs, it says it is suppoting up to 24/44.1

Alien have pause button, a long press vol+.
He supporting 24/48 wave and flac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back