A little about the Shozy Alien
Apr 11, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #2,452 of 3,124
I have just got my Gold Alien..out of the box the sound is good, really good i should say...Let me explain a little bit what i mean.Everyone knows that i a Tera Player fan: the sound, the functionality, simplicity and small size.
I do not want to compare the two as is not fair but the Alien took me by surprise. Straight out of the box sounds similar with the Tera Player..Not better but not very far behind either. Considering the price of Alien this is a real bargain .
Tests were done with same Korta Pro own modified headphones, WAV files with same music i am familiar with. So in the next few days i will have finished my review and let you guys what I think about it.
The bass of the Gold Alien is clean,hitting hard without effort and very engaging.
Also the New Alien has more power output then the Tera Player...
Will burn in more before i can jump to conclusions, but this is an amazing music player that any audiophile enthusiast should own in his/hers DAP collection.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #2,454 of 3,124
I have just got my Gold Alien..out of the box the sound is good, really good i should say...Let me explain a little bit what i mean.Everyone knows that i a Tera Player fan: the sound, the functionality, simplicity and small size.
I do not want to compare the two as is not fair but the Alien took me by surprise. Straight out of the box sounds similar with the Tera Player..Not better but not very far behind either. Considering the price of Alien this is a real bargain .
Tests were done with same Korta Pro own modified headphones, WAV files with same music i am familiar with. So in the next few days i will have finished my review and let you guys what I think about it.
The bass of the Gold Alien is clean,hitting hard without effort and very engaging.
Also the New Alien has more power output then the Tera Player...
Will burn in more before i can jump to conclusions, but this is an amazing music player that any audiophile enthusiast should own in his/hers DAP collection.

Thank you for sharing your impression and glad to hear that you like Gold Alien and not to far behind Tera. I listen fav music via Alien everyday and enjoy it very much. :)

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #2,455 of 3,124
...my Alien Gold came in last night with the Shozy Cygnus and the new Shozy Zero IEM. impressions on all three are positive so far. Really like what I am hearing. The UI on the Alien isn't nuclear physics either, I like it. I do wish I understood what order it was putting the albums in though. Doesn't seem to be alphabetical.

Shozy told me to burn the Alien in for a few days too. Should be interesting to hear it when it fully opens up.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #2,457 of 3,124
  I want to ask a qustion to Alien Gold users: did you notice any hiss on Gold version? or any noticeable bug or problem?

There is no hiss I can hear on the Alien Gold, sorry didn't tried the previous model. But there is no bugs or problems as long as your music clean and to metadata, album art etc.
Also I will recommend a class 10 reliable brand micro sd card for faster  music access .

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #2,458 of 3,124

There is no hiss I can hear on the Alien Gold, sorry didn't tried the previous model. But there is no bugs or problems as long as your music clean and to metadata, album art etc.
Also I will recommend a class 10 reliable brand micro sd card for faster  music access .

Thanks for info musicday. Also I just read your comment and really looking for your review as I'm thinking to buy Alien.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #2,459 of 3,124
At this price point the Gold Alien is an incredible portable music player that can deliver a rich and natural neutral sound, with very punchy bass and accurate mids.I have been listening so far to rap, hip hop , pop and jazz and to the songs i know very well and i am really surprised with ease  and accurate the new Gold Alien reproduce the sound.
Keep in mind that my player only had few hours, so if this can improve over 200 hours of burn in , i will be amazed.
smily_headphones1.gif
  as this is already good.
As for now i will keep on listening and discover more about the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back