A little about the Shozy Alien
Apr 16, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #2,491 of 3,124
  I just contacted with CS of Shozy and it seems there'll be no more Alien after Gold Edition. They're working on new player and I bet it'll be screenless too..

Update: It seems they're thinking/working on player that having a screen..

Also, they think they priced Alien too cheap, so next one can be little bit pricy..

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #2,495 of 3,124
Nothing wrong with a higher price for a top of the range player with native DSD playback.
Shozy has great potential on the audiophile market.

I am curious to see what's their take on a flagship quality player with a screen. With a larger budget they might be able to work around the technical downsides of including a screen.

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #2,498 of 3,124
I actually have my old Alien here atm, sitting right beside me. The exact unit I ranted about last year in this very thread. I was going to purchase it back but the hiss with Tralucent Ref.1 is a little too much if I'm searching for perfect pairing.

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #2,499 of 3,124
I actually have my old Alien here atm, sitting right beside me. The exact unit I ranted about last year in this very thread. I was going to purchase it back but the hiss with Tralucent Ref.1 is a little too much if I'm searching for perfect pairing.

probably depends on what you believe actually....
say
low impedance sensitive iem/ciems with a low OI dap with no noise
OR
A higher impedance iem with something like Alien........

synergy is always the most important thing but most iems are quite forgiving (on bg hiss) nowadays....

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #2,500 of 3,124
probably depends on what you believe actually....
say
low impedance sensitive iem/ciems with a low OI dap with no noise
OR
A higher impedance iem with something like Alien........

synergy is always the most important thing but most iems are quite forgiving (on bg hiss) nowadays....

I believe I hear hiss, simple as that, little snakes in the background with Ref.1.

Fidue A83 acceptable hiss.

If I'm spending $1600 USD on an earphone I don't want any noise.

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #2,501 of 3,124

Maybe you should try Gold Edition (it's already only option now), everybody say that there's significant less hiss than earlier Aliens.

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #2,503 of 3,124
My Alien days have been. I've contributed more to this thread than my own garden lawn.

We came, we hyped, we were successful. :wink:

Maybe shozy's next DAP.

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #2,505 of 3,124
We came, we hyped, we were successful.
wink.gif

Oh god, no! :)

Keep us updated for comparisons etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back