$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jul 13, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #3,766 of 6,549
Noise is more likely due to opamp choice than the headphone cable that is on the output acting as an antenna that is somehow looping back to the input.  Ie when you disconnect the headphone from the M the noise stops, yes?

Jul 13, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #3,768 of 6,549
it's not about folder browser update.
deadhorse.gif

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #3,769 of 6,549
Jul 13, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #3,770 of 6,549
They realised the batter thing is a firmware bug that some have and some don't. For some reason the entire battery is not used .

for example my case i get 6 hours no problem.

on the other hand i think DSD playback might not be native as when i play dsd the device gets really warm, i mean 50-60 degree warm!
that can mean he cpu is working overtime!

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #3,772 of 6,549
  If I can get six hours consistently, I will be quite pleased.

Yope...
If it lasts more than 6 hours constantly, I'll be more than happy..
I called D&A today... The Amp is not Class A, but Class AB,which still consumes lots o' energy...
Better sound consumes more power for sure...
but I hope 6 hours still  :p

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #3,773 of 6,549
They realised the batter thing is a firmware bug that some have and some don't. For some reason the entire battery is not used .

for example my case i get 6 hours no problem.

on the other hand i think DSD playback might not be native as when i play dsd the device gets really warm, i mean 50-60 degree warm!
that can mean he cpu is working overtime!

6hours no problem... 
kinda jealous...

hmmm... what makes such difference?  my habit o' using this device?

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #3,774 of 6,549
  Looks like new firmware is coming out soon: http://www.calyx.kr/xe/notice/24203

Sounds good:p
Since the firmware announcement came out too soon after.95, I don't really expect aloto' things but a few fix...
I'm waiting for 1.0...

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #3,775 of 6,549
  Any translation?
popcorn.gif

I dunno if I understood the original passage correctly cos it's quite complicated, 
but Here's my direct translation;

When the voltage gets lower than 3.1volts,(due to battery gets low)malfunction of charging sequance mode has been reported.
We're on this, to fix the problem.

Anybody who experienced these problems before your firm up, charge your device by following method.

1.In case of CalymM logo doesn't appear after pressing the power button for 3~4 seconds,
Press the power button longer(more like 10 secounds, if CalyxM logo appears before 10 seconds, press the button for a while again)
Take off your finger from the power button,
Press the Fast Farward button and while you press the button, connect the charger,
Charge your device for about 60minutes by this method, Press the power button till CalyxM logo dissapears,
and press the power button again, the device will start booting and will start charging.

2.In case of pressing the power button for 3 to 4 seconds, CalyxM logo appears and then nothing comes out on the screen.
  Press the power button for about 10 seconds(if the CalyxM logo appears before 10 seconds, press the power button for long once again.)
and take off your finger from the button.
Press Fast Forward(underneath the power button)for 3~4 seconds, CalyxM logo will appear.
If you see the logo, take off your finger.
Charge about 30 minutes like this, then Press the power button till the logo dissapears,
then press the power button again will boot the device leading to the chage mode. 

Quite complicated...
Seems like D&A is on work to skip this complicated issue... 
not about folder browsing this time...

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #3,776 of 6,549
  Noise is more likely due to opamp choice than the headphone cable that is on the output acting as an antenna that is somehow looping back to the input.  Ie when you disconnect the headphone from the M the noise stops, yes?

I had no problem of outer interference...(I mean noise wise)
hmmm....

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #3,777 of 6,549

Thanks for the translation! It's indeed too complicated. Will wait for the patch.

Quote:
  I dunno if I understood the original passage correctly cos it's quite complicated, 
but Here's my direct translation;

When the voltage gets lower than 3.1volts,(due to battery gets low)malfunction of charging sequance mode has been reported.
We're on this, to fix the problem.

[....]

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #3,778 of 6,549
Man the impedance setting seems to make a different in sound greatly. The low setting is laid back ,the high brings the vocal forward and gives the background instrument more volume where as the mid setting makes the vocal brighter and sibilant.

The only way I can make sense of it is that those setting are nothing but preset EQ setting. Wish someone does can measure their FR chart. 

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #3,780 of 6,549
  Man the impedance setting seems to make a different in sound greatly. The low setting is laid back ,the high brings the vocal forward and gives the background instrument more volume where as the mid setting makes the vocal brighter and sibilant.

The only way I can make sense of it is that those setting are nothing but preset EQ setting. Wish someone does can measure their FR chart. 

Exactly...
The best thing about .95 is the impedance option bro...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back