7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jun 11, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #4,096 of 4,273
Fully agree, its a stock gem. But also scales up greatly with better cable and better tips. Just that I think that the AE is more reference - OG has more than reference roughness in highs that brings air and emotion but still it is beyond reference (btw I am always ready to sacrifice some reference for more air and soundstage size).

They’re not reference for sure due to the crunchier highs and the elevated sub-bass. They seem a little colder than some of the other planars but only a touch so.

Jun 11, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #4,097 of 4,273
Timeless OG update: I’m in the process of tip-rolling them right now. The stock tips did nothing for me. I switched almost immediately to the S&S tips. The Timeless has relatively short nozzles that come off of the shell at an odd angle (at least for my ears) so they’re tricky to get a seal with. The S&S tips work well because they’re longish, but I didn’t like the sound with them. They made the sound seem too distant.

Switched to (counter intuitively) Spring Tips and I was actually able to get a seal with the XLs, but as expected they felt too unstable in my ears. They’re shallow fitting and like the S&S they sounded distant.

Finally I put AZLA SednaEarFit Max tips on them and this seems to be a good match for me. I get a nice tight seal and they sound close and engaging again. The Max seems to enhance the bass some as well. They’re not too long or short. A Goldilocks match for me.

Overall I’m increasingly impressed by the set as I listen to them over extended periods. They really do have an excellent, reference-like tune. The main thing I notice right now is the crisp detail. They’re not as sharp as the S12. They have a slightly more controlled treble.

I know I’m late to the game. This is the last major planar set I wanted to add. So far it lives up to its reputation as the cream of the crop.
Haven't tried the Azla Max yet (they're on my list) but indeed you can really fine tune the timeless with the right tips. For smoothing the treble so far I get the best results with the epro tips. They also help tighten the bass. The JVC spiral dots are not too bad either.

Jun 11, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #4,099 of 4,273
Timeless OG update: I’m in the process of tip-rolling them right now. The stock tips did nothing for me. I switched almost immediately to the S&S tips. The Timeless has relatively short nozzles that come off of the shell at an odd angle (at least for my ears) so they’re tricky to get a seal with. The S&S tips work well because they’re longish, but I didn’t like the sound with them. They made the sound seem too distant.

Switched to (counter intuitively) Spring Tips and I was actually able to get a seal with the XLs, but as expected they felt too unstable in my ears. They’re shallow fitting and like the S&S they sounded distant.

Finally I put AZLA SednaEarFit Max tips on them and this seems to be a good match for me. I get a nice tight seal and they sound close and engaging again. The Max seems to enhance the bass some as well. They’re not too long or short. A Goldilocks match for me.

Overall I’m increasingly impressed by the set as I listen to them over extended periods. They really do have an excellent, reference-like tune. The main thing I notice right now is the crisp detail. They’re not as sharp as the S12. They have a slightly more controlled treble.

I know I’m late to the game. This is the last major planar set I wanted to add. So far it lives up to its reputation as the cream of the crop.
Try this if you can.
They brought the best out of my Timeless OG

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtss2CM

Jun 15, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #4,100 of 4,273
Jun 15, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #4,101 of 4,273
Jun 16, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #4,103 of 4,273
I saw the Legato for around $70 USD on Massdrop a few weeks ago. But the shipping was in september LOLOL!
LOL Massdrop makes their customers wait months just for $10-$30 discounts.

Linsoul also has it for $83.10 right now with a coupon code.

Linsoul Legato.jpg

Jun 23, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #4,104 of 4,273
Found my cable for Timeless OG...the ISN G4, a $100 mix of copper, Graphene, silver and gold.

This takes Timeless to serious sonic heights and could be endgame stuff for most!
20230623_132856.jpg

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #4,106 of 4,273
Legato.jpg

I'm really liking the Legato so far. Dat baaaasss! :L3000:

It may not have great microdetails, treble extension, or technicalities, but it doesn't need to.

Clear, fun, smooth, powerful, perfect for bass-heavy genres.

So glad I got this for $48 (Linsoul 6/18 sale).

7Hz did an awesome job with this IEM. I like the build quality and accessories too.

Jul 6, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #4,107 of 4,273
Guys that have the 7Hz Timeless, what are the specs (power mW, impedance, etc) that a source needs to have to really extract the best out of your Timeless? Is just raw power (the more mW the better) or are there other conditions?
I'm in the market for a DAP and my budget can be stretched to 900$ TOP!
For instance, does having a M15s with all that power represents any improvement over say a Hiby R6 Pro II?
Same question for the M11s Vs the R6 Gen3... Or despite the lack of power, the Hiby DAPs sound better? This is not close to this two brands...

Share your knowledge sirs!
Best regards!

Jul 6, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #4,109 of 4,273
All that you mention above are pretty enough.
I run it from Hiby RS2 and Mojo 2 and do not see lack of power from RS2. Even Cayin RS6 runs it to full potential.
To my ears all my Sony daps also run it at pretty much it’s best, it does not realky gain much being run from my TA amp, just a slightly different sound sig

Jul 6, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #4,110 of 4,273
All that you mention above are pretty enough.
I run it from Hiby RS2 and Mojo 2 and do not see lack of power from RS2. Even Cayin RS6 runs it to full potential.

To my ears all my Sony daps also run it at pretty much it’s best, it does not realky gain much being run from my TA amp, just a slightly different sound sig
I noticed a huge difference running them from my balance output 250mW to the single ended output 125mW on my Cayin N5II... If for instance 300mW are enough I can go for a Hiby player...
But I do recall some people saying that running the Timeless from a more powerful source increased the sound quality and separation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back