7Hz Impressions & Discussion
May 31, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #4,067 of 4,275
Because I feel like they have about 2-3dB to much warmth and bass.

I use balanced because the 5K I already owned has a 2.5mm balanced output, and the Timeless AE cable comes with the swappable ends which includes a 2.5mm balanced plug. So if i already own the pieces to use them balanced, then it would seem silly not to.

This is the EQ I do. Based on Crinacles new 5128 measurement and my tastes.
IMG_0788.jpeg
Interesting. I'm actually using +0.5dB @ 20Hz and about +2dB at 80Hz for a slight bass bump on mine. They do behave differently on different sources though. On my K7 they're fine with no EQ but on my UP4 they need a bit of help with bass. Probably due to lower power output on the UP4.

May 31, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #4,070 of 4,275
Interesting. I'm actually using +0.5dB @ 20Hz and about +2dB at 80Hz for a slight bass bump on mine. They do behave differently on different sources though. On my K7 they're fine with no EQ but on my UP4 they need a bit of help with bass. Probably due to lower power output on the UP4.
You have the OG or the AE?

May 31, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #4,071 of 4,275
You have the OG or the AE?
IIRC in his post I think he said they were the OG version... :)

Edit: Yep, OG version it is:

Surf Monkey said:
Posted this in the discovery thread but it should probably have gone here instead.

I finally joined the Timeless camp. Mother’s
Day sale at AE got me. $148USD shipped. I got the old school version primarily because I want that slick aluminum box. Plus the AE’s tuning looks less appealing to me.

Edit:Edit: BTW! @Surf Monkey have you had them long enough to give your impressions of them? I am curious to know what you think of them. :)

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #4,072 of 4,275
Ok. I guess I can understand boosting the bass a bit on the OG. The AE already has 2-3dB more than the OG, so boosting it anymore would be a bit much.
IIRC in his post I think he said they were the OG version... :)

Edit: Yep, OG version it is:

May 31, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #4,074 of 4,275
Haven’t gotten to them yet. I’ve been inside the Legato and the Bridge. Quartet and Timeless are waiting to get up in the rotation.
Oh! Gotcha'. No rush or anything, I just thought you might have forgotten to post about them.... LOL

Jun 4, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #4,077 of 4,275
So the “buy more IEMs” bug bit me again and I ordered the new Aful Performer 8. I wanted to get an idea of their sound since they haven’t come yet so I EQ’ed my Timeless AE close to the way the Performer 8 measures.

IMG_0847.jpeg

The result sounds great if anyone else wants to try this EQ.

Jun 4, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #4,078 of 4,275
Just a pairing shout out for the ISN G4 cable with Timeless OG...goodbye stock cable, I loved you, but a prettier girl arrived to the dance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back