7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jul 22, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #4,126 of 4,275
That looks really nice! I bought the original version during the latest sales. Not too interested in buying a new pair just for the looks, but I might be interested if it's retuned.
Personally I don't even want a "re-tune" of these... For what they are (obviously) intended for, they are perfect IMHO.

Jul 22, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #4,127 of 4,275
Personally I don't even want a "re-tune" of these... For what they are (obviously) intended for, they are perfect IMHO.
oh yeah, I got them because I wanted a fun set to listen to some specific tracks, and for that, it's great, I'm just curious about how 7hz would go with another tuning, and if it could be another fun one for other kinds of tracks :D

Jul 22, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #4,128 of 4,275
oh yeah, I got them because I wanted a fun set to listen to some specific tracks, and for that, it's great, I'm just curious about how 7hz would go with another tuning, and if it could be another fun one for other kinds of tracks :D
Not for nothing, you have made me curious about that also... The CCA CRA were great for very similar stuff, and the CRA+ came out and they are great for different stuff, but not so much that the CRA were good for IMO.

Jul 22, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #4,130 of 4,275
Jul 28, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #4,131 of 4,275
So, I was sort of going through all my IEMs to see if the Legato is indeed the "bass king" of them, and I was very surprised at the results. While the CCA CRA and CRA+ were pretty close, they don't have as much quantity as does the Legato. I have an old pair of Xiaomi Piston 2.1 that also are close. These also don't have the quantity of the Legato, but they do reach a bit lower. The one that sort of surprised me was the Melomania Touch TWS IEMs. These not only reach quite a bit lower, but the quantity (default tuning) has a fair amount more quantity of bass, all while having more quantity of treble also.

I still love the Legato, but I guess in my quest for good sounding "basshead" IEMs as a change, I was actually looking for something similar to the MT but in a wired version. I didn't really realize this because I don't frequently use any of my TWS these days. Since changing jobs, I do about 95% of my work remotely from home. And, since I value high quality sound over most other things, they don't get the usage that most of my IEMs do because wireless degrades the sound whether the tuning or technicalities are perfect or not.

Very interesting indeed (to me)! :)

@Surf Monkey, you will probably remember these as well?! The bass is super boosted, but so addicting too.

Jul 28, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #4,132 of 4,275
So, I was sort of going through all my IEMs to see if the Legato is indeed the "bass king" of them, and I was very surprised at the results. While the CCA CRA and CRA+ were pretty close, they don't have as much quantity as does the Legato. I have an old pair of Xiaomi Piston 2.1 that also are close. These also don't have the quantity of the Legato, but they do reach a bit lower. The one that sort of surprised me was the Melomania Touch TWS IEMs. These not only reach quite a bit lower, but the quantity (default tuning) has a fair amount more quantity of bass, all while having more quantity of treble also.

I still love the Legato, but I guess in my quest for good sounding "basshead" IEMs as a change, I was actually looking for something similar to the MT but in a wired version. I didn't really realize this because I don't frequently use any of my TWS these days. Since changing jobs, I do about 95% of my work remotely from home. And, since I value high quality sound over most other things, they don't get the usage that most of my IEMs do because wireless degrades the sound whether the tuning or technicalities are perfect or not.

Very interesting indeed (to me)! :)

@Surf Monkey, you will probably remember these as well?! The bass is super boosted, but so addicting too.
I am lost! What all these has to do with 7hz?

Jul 28, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #4,133 of 4,275
I am lost! What all these has to do with 7hz?
The Legato is a 7hz iem so this thread would seem a natural place to write such a comparison

Aug 11, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #4,135 of 4,275
Best thing about the Timeless is taking them away on vacation and enjoying that full planar planar sound on the move. It's truly mind-blowing to have this kind of sound quality with a portable setup.
Agreed. They are my stable in ears for travel (at destination, not on the move) together with one of my Sony daps.

Aug 11, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #4,136 of 4,275
Dear friends, for anyone interested here is my 7Hz Legato review.
IMG_20230801_174957.jpg

Aug 11, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #4,137 of 4,275
Agreed. They are my stable in ears for travel (at destination, not on the move) together with one of my Sony daps.
Why not on the move? They seem quite travelable.

Aug 11, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #4,138 of 4,275
In my opinion they aren’t the most secure fit, and they don’t isolate well.

Aug 11, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #4,139 of 4,275
Once I tried tws I could not go back to wired while on the move so my commuting rig is now an iPhone with Sony WF-1000XM4 and that gives more than good enough sound in ambient noise and is super convenient

Aug 11, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #4,140 of 4,275
Once I tried tws I could not go back to wired while on the move so my commuting rig is now an iPhone with Sony WF-1000XM4 and that gives more than good enough sound in ambient noise and is super convenient
Yeah makes sense and I do the same actually. For some reason, I was thinking about stationary traveling, plane, train, etc., all places I go wired with DAP. But walking around, or in an Uber, TWS all day long from my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back