[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Mar 26, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #2,372 of 7,442
The adapters you suggested went on sale for $29 so i couldn't resist :D ! Now i just need to wait 2 months for it to arrive :frowning2:  

No it won't take 2 months to arrive. Mine took only two weeks. :wink:

Mar 26, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #2,373 of 7,442
As in like sound quality difference? Well of course this cable does look nice and solid :) but I'm not sure if they sound any different..

They do exactly sound different. If it makes sense the Bocur Audio 75 ohm adapter cable is better than the Etymotic converter cable which is being sold for $45.

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #2,374 of 7,442
This guy uses hifi grade resistors, silver solder, pure copper cable, golden plated jacks which positively effect the sound from the beginning of the chain till the end. :wink:

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #2,375 of 7,442
This guy uses hifi grade resistors, silver solder, pure copper cable, golden plated jacks which positively effect the sound from the beginning of the chain till the end. :wink:

No snake oil, I'm out :wink:

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #2,376 of 7,442
No snake oil, I'm out :wink:

Well you should hear before you come to any conclusion Peter. It's not snake oil and it really works!

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #2,377 of 7,442
Well you should hear before you come to any conclusion Peter. It's not snake oil and it really works!

Relax I was jk my friend :)

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #2,378 of 7,442
Would this fancy one be any different from cheaper adapters on ebay?

I bet that i wouldn't hear a difference but having monks straight plug connected into another straight plug would make a hell of a big plug and much prone to bent or damage my earphones or dap. Also the cable really seems nicely build.

No it won't take 2 months to arrive. Mine took only two weeks. :wink:

I really wanted it to be true but i live in Brazil, world's worst mail service :frowning2:

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #2,379 of 7,442
As in like sound quality difference? Well of course this cable does look nice and solid
smily_headphones1.gif
but I'm not sure if they sound any different..

Yeah I'd have to agree, if you measure the resistance, 75 Ohm is 75 Ohm, however you want to put that :b

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #2,380 of 7,442
Yeah I'd have to agree, if you measure the resistance, 75 Ohm is 75 Ohm, however you want to put that :b

Guys did you realise that you are all assuming? Sorry but this is funny. You know what it is like saying Etymotic ER4P doesn't transform into a more balanced IEM with the 75 ohm conversion cable. Well I trust my ears and wouldn't advise if it didn't change the sound to better. All in all you are free to try and share your opinions on the subject.

But I can understand if you think it is too expensive for an earbud which costs only $5 lol. :wink:

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #2,381 of 7,442
Guys did you realise that you are all assuming? Sorry but this is funny. You know what it is like saying Etymotic ER4P doesn't transform into a more balanced IEM with the 75 ohm conversion cable. Well I trust my ears and wouldn't advise if it didn't change the sound to better. All in all you are free to try and share your opinions on the subject.

But I can understand if you think it is too expensive for an earbud which costs only $5 lol. :wink:

I'm not being cheap, I just want to know if they do sound any different. Have u done A/B test on two adapters? How exactly can you assure it does sound "better", or are u just "assuming" ?!?

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #2,382 of 7,442
I'm not being cheap, I just want to know if they do sound any different. Have u done A/B test on two adapters? How exactly can you assure it does sound "better", or are u just "assuming" ?!?

Yes I have them both as you can see from the picture above and find it better than the Etymotic converter cable. YMMW.

Well I'm not assuming my friend because I'm listening both. :wink:
And planning to write a comparison review soon.

Mar 26, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #2,384 of 7,442
Maybe it's just me, so please no one take any offense to my comments.  Adding these adapters, ear hooks, aftermarket foams, etc. just defeats the purpose of buying $5 earbuds.  I've got $14 invested in two sets of monks and they are fine as is.  Granted the price allows folks to experiment I guess, but when it's all said and done, why didn't you just buy the $30, $40, or $50 earbuds instead of throwing more money at the Monks?  It's your money so spend it however you want, but at the end of the day you are throwing a lot of money at $5 earbuds for what may or may not change the sound (subjective) or change the fit.  I'm just looking at this realistically and perhaps I'm in the minority, yet I've had no desire to alter my Monks or spend additional money on them.  Like I said, take no offense to this, just making an observation and thinking out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back