2013 CanJam @ RMAF (Oct. 11-13, 2013): One of the world's finest headphone audio shows!
Sep 10, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #91 of 229
Awesome! some great brands going to be there. I really hope Burson audio goes, always wanted to try the conductor. 

TTVJ Audio and Moon Audio, who are both attending, sell the Burson Conductor, and it's likely that at least one of them (if not both) will have it in their setups.

TTVJ posted this bit a while ago on what they'll have at RMAF: http://www.head-fi.org/t/678026/rocky-mountain-audio-fest

Btw, those who are planning on attending should post in this thread rather than staying anonymous and just showing up. It'll give everyone an idea of how many Head-Fiers will be at the event, because right now there are only 12 Head-Fiers who've posted (either directly or indirectly) that they're going to be there. When this event is half-intended for Head-Fiers and if only 12 show up, that's just kinda sad....

• Audio Addict
  • audio duck
  • bearFNF
  • fradoca
  • Frank I
  • HiFiGuy528
  • kskwerl
  • lilkoolaidman
  • mikemercer
  • mnarwold
  • thecourier
  • warrenpchi

Obviously the event will also be attended by the thousands of general RMAF-goers, but I'm kinda disappointed in the low number of Head-Fiers attending....

Sep 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #94 of 229
I'm going. First meet of any kind. Excited to hear all the gear and maybe meet some of those who have helped me decide upon the gear that I have. Looking forward to it! Also kind of nervous as I really tend not to be that sociable. We'll see what happens!

Sep 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #95 of 229
You can count me in! Airplane tickets, rental car, and hotel all in hand.

I went for the first time last year on a lark, and loved it!  There was so much amazing gear, great music and really friendly and knowledgeable music lovers that you can't go wrong.  Did I mention there are often great show demo specials and discounts? 

I ended up making a quantum leap from iPhone + triplefi 10s to travel package: UE RMs + CLAS + RxMK3B, and chillaxin at home: LCD3 + Cavali Liquid Fire headphone amp. My bank account still doesn't forgive me, but my ears are happy.  If you come your ears will be happy too :wink:

If you are thinking of upgrading any of your audio gear over the next year, you should make every effort to hit this show.  You will not be disappointed.

Sep 10, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #96 of 229
  Did I talk about going to RMAF everywhere BESIDES the RMAF thread???  
blink.gif

LOL, yes! 
biggrin.gif

Hmm, dunno.  I did most of the rounding up for the two nights we spent at CAS4.  I could give it a shot, but CanJam is SOOO MUCH bigger.

Dinner parties always get decided daily it seems at RMAF!'
Because all of us get to see friends there that we hardly ever visit with - so the plans change.

We'll all be on it and @warrenpchi knows I'm DOWN to kick it all night!! My cousin is usually
down too.

I know Dan Clark's kickin' with us at least one of the nights.  We got a rain check left over from CAS4.

Who's room are we piling into for the mini-meets?  Mike (Liang) and I got a room at the Marriott, but I don't know how big it is.

Oh BTW, don't forget we gotta spend some quality time in the PFO Hospitality Suite.  I think David is bringing some kick ass gear.

Should we start listing off what we're bringing personal audio-wise?
THIS ISN'T FOR A MEET

but we've done this the past few years.
I'm taking a mental inventory right now, and having my CEntrance HiFi-M8 just seriously cut 
down on the number of things I'm bringin!!!!

Don't know yet, but at some point I'm going to try and lock myself in a bathroom with Jude's suitcase. 
biggrin.gif

I hope to meet many "crazy" guys like me.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think all the attendees at CanJam will be "crazy" guys like you.
biggrin.gif

Yup! 
smile.gif

Sep 10, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #97 of 229
Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When this event is half-intended for Head-Fiers and if only 12 show up, that's just kinda sad....

• Audio Addict
  • audio duck
  • bearFNF
  • fradoca
  • Frank I
  • HiFiGuy528
  • kskwerl
  • lilkoolaidman
  • mikemercer
  • mnarwold
  • thecourier
  • warrenpchi

Obviously the event will also be attended by the thousands of general RMAF-goers, but I'm kinda disappointed in the low number of Head-Fiers attending....

Oh I'm sure there will be MUCH more than that! 
wink.gif
  People just like being fashionably ambiguous.

There's no time this year, but next year Ima try to charter party buses and import L.A. Head-Fiers en masse! 
biggrin.gif
  Occupy CanJam!

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #98 of 229
  Who's room are we piling into for the mini-meets?  Mike (Liang) and I got a room at the Marriott, but I don't know how big it is.

Oh BTW, don't forget we gotta spend some quality time in the PFO Hospitality Suite.  I think David is bringing some kick ass gear.

Don't know yet, but at some point I'm going to try and lock myself in a bathroom with Jude's suitcase. 
biggrin.gif

Yup! 
smile.gif

I'm in for a mini meet.
L3000.gif

I am in the Denver Marriott Tech Center, also don't know what size the room is, we'll see.

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #99 of 229
  I'm in for a mini meet.
L3000.gif

I am in the Denver Marriott Tech Center, also don't know what size the room is, we'll see.

Cool!  I think that, at the end of the day, it will all depend on who has the most immovable gear.

Wait a sec!  I wonder if Head-Fi has a hospitality suite?  Maybe that would be a good room for an ad hoc meet?

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #101 of 229

Cool!  I think that, at the end of the day, it will all depend on who has the most immovable gear.

Wait a sec!  I wonder if Head-Fi has a hospitality suite?  Maybe that would be a good room for an ad hoc meet?

I don't think Jude and crew have had a hospitality suite at RMAF - I don't remember it on the lists
of hospitality suites I had to announce for RMAF (I handle Marjorie's social networks) - because they have the amazing CanJam hall.

you never know, maybe some of the wonderful new sights and sounds will lead a few of us into one of our hotel rooms for some
geeking out!!  
L3000.gif

I know I'm bringing my CEntrance HiFi-M8!
thats for sure

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #102 of 229
I am unlikely this year due to scheduling conflicts, but you never know...

I encourage people to attend.  It's a good time, and the support of actual head-fiers is really important.

Sep 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #104 of 229
Flights booked, hotel reservations made!  I. Can't. Wait.

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #105 of 229

I don't think Jude and crew have had a hospitality suite at RMAF

Hmm, we'll just have to take over the main hall then.  OCCUPY CANJAM!

I am unlikely this year due to scheduling conflicts, but you never know...

I encourage people to attend.  It's a good time, and the support of actual head-fiers is really important.

I hope your plans change, I have yet to meet anyone from the NY crew.

I live nearby and might be able to make it on Sunday.

Originally Posted by leesure /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Flights booked, hotel reservations made!  I. Can't. Wait.

See you guys there!  I'll be the one listening to headphones! 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back