1964 EARS V6 Thread
Oct 30, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #211 of 931
Quote:
    I am trying to decide between these and a used jh16 pro and reshell them comes around +100 more than what v6 costs.
which one would you suggest as these might have the latest tech. thanks for help

Personal opinion I say you should go with the V6, not just the cost but warranty and all. I'm not sure about latest tech, so I can't commend on that, and I haven't heard the JH16 so I can't commend on that either.

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #212 of 931
Really looking forward to your impressions. If you're familiar with the LCD-2s then any comparison to those would be great, but if not I'd be most interested in how you think they compare to your HD600s since I owned those for a while as well.

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #213 of 931
Can't wait for your comparison between the V6 and miracle.
Was undecided between the 2 and have gone for the miracle instead. But still wishes to hear your comparison between the two.

Side track. We have the same initial lol

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #214 of 931
Quote:
    I am trying to decide between these and a used jh16 pro and reshell them comes around +100 more than what v6 costs.
which one would you suggest as these might have the latest tech. thanks for help

Different phones. The 16 is has a noticeable bass emphasis and a little extra sparkle on top. It's not that close to neutral where something like the 13 or V6 will be close.

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #215 of 931
Just gave them a call; I guess my email was forwarded to the graphics department and that's what was taking so long. Very polite and easy to talk to. Also he let me know the introductory price will be going on until January, so I'm in no rush to get these! I can actually focus on finals now :p.

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #216 of 931
So my V6 should be in the process of getting made, and I also had a nice conversation today with Vitaliy about the V6 and what he was going after with its sound. He made it clear that the V6 wasn't tuned to be highly analytical like let's say the Etymotic. But the tuning (and special balanced armatures used) was done in order to deliver a reference signature "that's made to appeal to audiophile listener." He said reviews by current V6 owners that the sound is pointing toward warmth are accurate, but also that the CIEM is not ruler flat but are designed to point toward neutral. Bass in the V6 is meant to be more extended and punchy rather than somewhat boomy sound of the Quad. 

Now, the sound may be a little bit different than some of you my come to expect. Vitaliy said he tunes his CIEMs to what he believes sounds good (as an audio engineer and artist), and not to meet expectations of some "graph chart." From the conversation, I gathered that anyone who has heard the Miracle might find the V6 in that stream sound-wise, yet with a character uniquely of its own. I have more to post from Vitaliy's and I lengthy conversation later. By the way, he's very busy and I just happen to catch him at the right time (barely). So I'm not saying the rest of you can't catch up with him, but he did say he hasn't found the time to directly respond to emails like he use to, although he still tries to personally read as many as possible for suggestions and thoughts about the products. He hopes that people will understand that there is no intentional slight, and he will personally be more available when things calm down a bit. I suspect things are about to heat up more though. 

Now I must get back to work, but more insights from the mind of Vitaliy in the near future. Happy listening.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #217 of 931
Well before hand i thank those cool guys who posted right above about some V6 impressions.

What can i say,things are getting worst then i could think of,the V6 are catching my attention now ,i may somewhen stop lurking around here!
biggrin.gif

Being on the neutral side with a touch or two of bass accentuation ,the 8.A is my dream of custom since many months ,but a lot above my financial possibilities,i found the V3 to be the more affordable custom with a somewhat similar signature in my price range ,but now the V6 (which i can't afford) is starting to be an interesting product too.Obviously the V3 and the V6 will be difference monster,but superficial assumption due to what i did read about them right now, i suppose that the V3 should have a more accentuated bass,whereas the V6 should have a great but less bass (in quantity),and being able to deliver more detail and instrument separation (maybe a more "visible" treble too?).
Head-Fi limbo.

I may ask to you more experienced Head-Fiers what other models are similar to the 8.A,to for curiosity,i don't know in depth popular brands like JH,Westone,UE,UM etc..
See Ya

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #218 of 931
Bugger. How is one supposed to choose a CIEM when these things can't be readily tried?!

I've moved from Shure E2Cs, to Shure E500, to the Etymotic 4P that I'm very happy with now. But I'm looking at custom IEMs... and I was all set on JH-13s until I saw this. For almost half the cost... I don't know which way to go.

Mostly jazz, classical, and some old rock for me here... think CCR, Stones....

Any advice? :)

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #219 of 931
Quote:
Bugger. How is one supposed to choose a CIEM when these things can't be readily tried?!

I've moved from Shure E2Cs, to Shure E500, to the Etymotic 4P that I'm very happy with now. But I'm looking at custom IEMs... and I was all set on JH-13s until I saw this. For almost half the cost... I don't know which way to go.

First, you get enough people to try to describe the sound signature and you decide if that signature is right for you. Secondly, there are headphone meetings al over the world where owners get together and let listeners here universal versions of their customs (although it's still going to sound different than when it's in custom form). It is a gamble so you must really do your homework.

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #220 of 931
Quote:

Just take one for the team and buy them. :D

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #221 of 931

Pre-production graph that vitaliy sent me. Posted this elsewhere because I have no idea what this means, but they said treble spikes are bad? Idk LF> more info.

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #222 of 931
I got my pair today. I haven't had enough time to listen to it but my first impressions are good. YET I do slightly feel that my Quads are a bit more suited to my liking. I'll report more on that later. 

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #223 of 931
Congrats on your rig bro. that's pretty solid. 

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #224 of 931
I got my pair today. I haven't had enough time to listen to it but my first impressions are good. YET I do slightly feel that my Quads are a bit more suited to my liking. I'll report more on that later. 

I really like the artwork; those look amazing! (Nice setup too)

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #225 of 931
Quote:

Pre-production graph that vitaliy sent me. Posted this elsewhere because I have no idea what this means, but they said treble spikes are bad? Idk LF> more info.

From my (limited) understanding you cannot compare IEM graphs with normal headphone graphs since IEMs need that treble spike to sound neutral. Something about how our ears interact with different frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back