1964 EARS V6 Thread
Oct 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #181 of 931
Fingers crossed. I too just ordered a V6 and they should be in my ears next Wednesday or so. Quads are my first and only customs and I absolutely love them and never really saw the need to upgrade but I couldn't pass up this great deal on V6. Such a great pricing from such a stellar company. Not to demean other companies but the wait time sometimes exceeds 4-6 weeks. With a very affordable rush build option I am getting mine in 5 days. Yes not 5 weeks, but 5 days. 

Great customer service, great pricing and great products. What more can one ask for? 

(Answer: bacon) 

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #182 of 931
Quote:
Fingers crossed. I too just ordered a V6 and they should be in my ears next Wednesday or so. Quads are my first and only customs and I absolutely love them and never really saw the need to upgrade but I couldn't pass up this great deal on V6. Such a great pricing from such a stellar company. Not to demean other companies but the wait time sometimes exceeds 4-6 weeks. With a very affordable rush build option I am getting mine in 5 days. Yes not 5 weeks, but 5 days. 

Great customer service, great pricing and great products. What more can one ask for? 

(Answer: bacon) 

beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #183 of 931
Quote:

This is a little disheartening for me to be honest. Doesn't really sound like what I'm looking for. Poop.

Just wondering, what sound do you look for? *since you probably listen to the same genre as me wink wink. :wink:

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #184 of 931
Quote:
Just wondering, what sound do you look for? *since you probably listen to the same genre as me wink wink. :wink:

Its kind of way too much of a mixup lol. 
It changes from hardstyle -> kpop/jpop -> hip hop -> punk rock -> classical -> vocal as hell -> drum and bass -> r&b.

I would prefer a little mid forward though, but I'm not really looking for anything too bright. Meh. If they go on sale I'll probably get them anyways just out of complusiveness. 

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #185 of 931
Quote:

Its kind of way too much of a mixup lol. 
It changes from hardstyle -> kpop/jpop -> hip hop -> punk rock -> classical -> vocal as hell -> drum and bass -> r&b.

I would prefer a little mid forward though, but I'm not really looking for anything too bright. Meh. If they go on sale I'll probably get them anyways just out of complusiveness. 

Unlikely cuz they're technically already on sale right?

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #188 of 931
Well...subscribed to see how the V6 will come up!
I cannot afford any 8.A at the moment but fortunately well known reviewers say the V3 is like (with all cautions taken) the flagship of Heir Audio in terms of sound personalities.The V6 instead seem 
to be developed to have a more neutral presentation without that low end coloration which the V3 have.And i hope they don't rise the price of the V3 neither.

Oct 27, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #189 of 931
Quote:
Well...subscribed to see how the V6 will come up!
I cannot afford any 8.A at the moment but fortunately well known reviewers say the V3 is like (with all cautions taken) the flagship of Heir Audio in terms of sound personalities.The V6 instead seem 
to be developed to have a more neutral presentation without that low end coloration which the V3 have.And i hope they don't rise the price of the V3 neither.

I don't think they have ever mentioned the V3 price being introductory. And it's in the same ballpark as the 1964-T was, so I doubt it would change by much if at all.

The V3 is in fact reminiscent of the Heir 8.A, while it sounds like the V6 is closer to the Heir 4.A or maybe the 6.A LE. Interesting how they each have a different take on where the "fun" sounding model should be compared to the "accurate" model in terms of where it falls in their lineup. 

Oct 27, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #190 of 931
Initially I started this thread about what was coming from 1964 EARS, but since the V6 is a reality and some of us will have one soon, I figured it's time to make it the official V6 thread. Comments on other 1964 EARS products are welcome too.  
beerchug.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #191 of 931
I don't think they have ever mentioned the V3 price being introductory. And it's in the same ballpark as the 1964-T was, so I doubt it would change by much if at all.

The V3 is in fact reminiscent of the Heir 8.A, while it sounds like the V6 is closer to the Heir 4.A or maybe the 6.A LE. Interesting how they each have a different take on where the "fun" sounding model should be compared to the "accurate" model in terms of where it falls in their lineup. 

What does it mean to be closer heir8 vs the heir 4? Is one better than the other? Or is it just for different musical preferences (could you describe what genres would suit ea one over the other?).

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #192 of 931
Quote:

Good info,i hope i would be able to save some money in the future and see finally what Customs IEM's have to offer against universal,especially in terms of enjoyiment :)

What does it mean to be closer heir8 vs the heir 4? Is one better than the other? Or is it just for different musical preferences (could you describe what genres would suit ea one over the other?).

No,note that the 8.A is the flagship from Heir Audio ,which obviously have a more expensive building structure and is technically superior (well i am deduce) than the 4.A ,beside the fact that both have different sound signature therefore they are oriented for different audiophile sound requirements.

What Project86 was mentioning is that the V3 sound signature is closer to the 8.A and it seems (considering what 1964 declared) that the V6 have a more neutral sound signature so more similar to the 4.A.
Take this with two grain of salt and someone correct me if i am wrong.

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #193 of 931
Quote:

No,note that the 8.A is the flagship from Heir Audio ,which obviously have a more expensive building structure and is technically superior (well i am deduce) than the 4.A ,beside the fact that both have different sound signature therefore they are oriented for different audiophile sound requirements.

What Project86 was mentioning is that the V3 sound signature is closer to the 8.A and it seems (considering what 1964 declared) that the V6 have a more neutral sound signature so more similar to the 4.A.
Take this with two grain of salt and someone correct me if i am wrong.

If the V6/4A signature is more neutral, what would  that make the V3/8A?

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #194 of 931
I did not even heard any of those customs (I never heard any custom in reality) ,but from those few but qualified reviews i have been able to read the 8.A and the V3 have basically a "Neutral" sound signature,but, with a noticeable coloration in the bass region without to mudd the rest of the frequency spectrum ,and a slightly recessed treble (which make bad recording more relaxing to listen without piercing your ears).The perfect sound for my preferences ,as i like to hear especially drums (i have been an amateurish drummer in the past) and that little accentuation on the bass region give more fun to listening session;well i think i could realize paradise if i listen to ACDC or Rage Against The Machine if i listen those bands with a pair of those babies!
Remind i did not listen to any of those IEM's (because of the impossibility to audition to those products due to my georgraphical position and the lack of this kind of audio market where i live).Hope this helps!

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #195 of 931
Yep that's about it, the 8.A and V3 are both on the "musical" side of things. Warm, smooth, forgiving of poor recordings, and a lot of fun. The 4.A and theoretically the V6 (which I haven't heard) should be more even, neutral, smaller bass impact, more sparkly top end. This means really accurate monitoring, which can sound fantastic with better recordings but no so good with below average material. 

It isn't really a matter of genre, as there are usually good and bad recordings of every type of music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back