1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 7, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #6,871 of 9,124
A question .

With plenty of multiple BA drivers build in a shell , if 1 ba fails and call it a day , it's kinda hard to know , correct ?

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #6,872 of 9,124
Congrats on your first post. Your comments are similar to the understanding I was left with after reading the posts from 64 audio. However people here were still reporting improved results with using an impedance adapter with the modules other than the S1 so I decided to order an impedance adapter and see for myself (I don't have mine yet). I'd really be interested in hearing a confirmation from 64 Audio on whether the B1 module does in fact alter the tuning to produce similar results with low impedance devices when compared with the S1 module and higher impedance devices.

To my ear, simply inserting B1/MAM isn't as signficant a change to the sig as using B1/MAM WITH an impedance adapter also. Impedance adapter lifts the veil/dark A12 up just as much as B1/MAM. I don'the listen without it anymore.

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #6,873 of 9,124
Any word on the price or at least a range? There's some headphone festival coming up in Tokyo -- Fujiya-Avic -- but I don't see 64 listed among the brands.

Well the A12 is $2,000. If you throw on another 6 drivers plus the labor plus "r & d" of new tech, you're probably looking at $3,000+. Hope it's worth it

Oct 7, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #6,875 of 9,124
Just when you think the driver wars were over
biggrin.gif
  Though, my gut feeling that it's not just about driver wars in this case...

Would be curious to find out and to test how the almighty Russian emperor compares to U12
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #6,876 of 9,124
Alex, with all the goodies making their way into the market (EE-ADEL, 64Audio-Tia etc), it looks like you'd literally have to camp and go without food for the 2 entire days at the NYC Canjam..

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #6,877 of 9,124
  Alex, with all the goodies making their way into the market (EE-ADEL, 64Audio-Tia etc), it looks like you'd literally have to camp and go without food for the 2 entire days at the NYC Canjam..

Neah, my wife won't let me out of the house for the whole weekend in NYC while she is stuck at home with kids lol!!!  CJ NYC will be one day vacation for me, as long as we don't get a snow storm on East Coast
biggrin.gif
  But my strategy is to get review samples ahead of the show so I can spend more time listening and analyzing in a quiet environment, and then meet face-to-face with manufacturers to provide my feedback at the show.   Will see...

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #6,878 of 9,124

We here at 64 Audio are excited to announce two new ground-breaking products ahead of CanJam @ RMAF 2016, the tia FOURTÉ and the U18tzar.  These top-of-the-line models are primarily designed for the audiophile market and represent our latest advances in personal audio and in-ear monitor technology.  Both products are in the final stages of prototyping and will be released in the second part of Q4 2016... though we will have several demo sets available for your listening pleasure this weekend!

The tia FOURTÉ is the first product we designed using our patented tia™ system.  Inside, proprietary front-vented balanced armatures are expertly arranged to deliver rich, natural sound in a brand new way.  Frequency-shaping acoustic chambers in combination with an internal passive radiator help to craft a buttery-smooth low end, crisp mids, and a luscious 3D soundstage.  Get ready to hear detailed highs like you've never experienced before thanks to a custom front-vented balanced armature high driver.  Additionally, internal apex™ technology helps to vent air pressure from inside the ear canal for fatigue-free listening.  We broke all the rules and started from scratch to come up with the tia FOURTÉ and still managed to fit our system into a shell that's even smaller and more ergonomic than our current Universal Series products.

Driver Configuration: 1 dynamic low, 1 front-vented mid, 1 hi-mid, 1 tia™ hi

The tia FOURTÉ will be available as a universal-fit model.  Appearance and specifications will be finalized soon.

The U18tzar is a hybrid IEM which pairs up a massive collection of 8 low drivers and 8 mid drivers with the incredible top end of the tia™ system, all in a shell that's actually smaller than our U12!  Sound from the tubed drivers combines in a large single bore and blends with amazingly-detailed highs from a proprietary front-vented high driver.  A protective mesh covering at the end of the stem helps to keep out debris while apex™ module technology allows for customizing the sound signature and reduces pressure inside the ear canal for fatigue-free listening.  We drove ourselves crazy to pack this kind of punch into our Universal Series and are thrilled to finally drop this bomb on the in-ear monitor industry.

Driver Configuration: 8 low, 8 mid, 1 hi-mid, 1 tia™ hi

The tzar will be available as a both a universal-fit model (U18tzar) and a custom IEM (A18tzar).  Appearance and specifications will be finalized soon.

We welcome anyone attending CanJam this weekend to stop by and experience these new products and are really looking forward to public reaction!

Please stay tuned as additional information and specifications will be released in the coming weeks.

Thanks!

My god...18 freakin' drivers?!?!

That just broke the driver scale by a large margin since Empire Zeus was released...but really, until I can listen to them a pair myself, I don't think I can ever understand the driver-count-war, in fact I am not even sure if it's still going on.

I already have a lot to try on my end (In future with Empire Ears with ADEL modules, This month with the Empire Arthur, second round of Noble Audio and Empire Line up), but if Malaysia ever got anyone that's able to get their hands on a sample, I'll gladly give them a thorough listen and see whether the price is justified or not.

Pretty sure these will cost a fortune considering how much tech went into it. And I never got a chance to try the APEX variant of the 64 Audio before so I cannot judge. I really should just be patient and try them first before I make any more assumptions.

But needless to say, I am morbidly curious now thanks to this...

Sadly I am not sure who is able to get one for me to try in Malaysia... 
frown.gif

I might be out of luck on my country.

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #6,879 of 9,124
Congrats on your first post. Your comments are similar to the understanding I was left with after reading the posts from 64 audio. However people here were still reporting improved results with using an impedance adapter with the modules other than the S1 so I decided to order an impedance adapter and see for myself (I don't have mine yet). I'd really be interested in hearing a confirmation from 64 Audio on whether the B1 module does in fact alter the tuning to produce similar results with low impedance devices when compared with the S1 module and higher impedance devices.

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #6,881 of 9,124
To my ear, simply inserting B1/MAM isn't as signficant a change to the sig as using B1/MAM WITH an impedance adapter also. Impedance adapter lifts the veil/dark A12 up just as much as B1/MAM. I don'the listen without it anymore.

Out of curiosity does anyone know where you can get these impedance adapters in Hong Kong? UE's one looks a bargain for US$10 but the shipping is $70 :scream: So it doesn't make sense

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #6,882 of 9,124
Out of curiosity does anyone know where you can get these impedance adapters in Hong Kong? UE's one looks a bargain for US$10 but the shipping is $70 :scream: So it doesn't make sense

I ordered mine from Penon audio which shipped from Hong Kong..I ordered the 20 and 75 ohm versions.

http://penonaudio.com/3.5mm-Male-to-3.5mm-Female-Impedance-Adapter

Shipping was the same issue for me, $70 to Mexico was a little excessive from US!

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #6,884 of 9,124
I ordered mine from Penon audio which shipped from Hong Kong..I ordered the 20 and 75 ohm versions.

http://penonaudio.com/3.5mm-Male-to-3.5mm-Female-Impedance-Adapter

Shipping was the same issue for me, $70 to Mexico was a little excessive from US!

I was about to suggest the same... This is very good option and inexpensive too

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #6,885 of 9,124
A question .

With plenty of multiple BA drivers build in a shell , if 1 ba fails and call it a day , it's kinda hard to know , correct ?

What is the failure rate of a BA? Hopefully that statistical data is known and reassuring.

Ad for the 18 driver tzar....wow....I know it's not driver count = quality but with that array of sound origin sources to work with, if masterfully tuned and synergized this may still be something special, particularly if the new tia tech. provides the "the pièce de résistance." I'd be interested in the rationale for the decision to employ a single bore design as well. As always, hearing is the key and I hope some impressions  / reviews start to trickle in from CanJam@RMAF. I am super excited, my wallet isn't. 

Love my A6, but I feel the upgraditis lust welling up. Customer loyalty discount  / upgrade program for existing 64 Audio owners, @christopherogut? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back