1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 9, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #6,526 of 9,124
+1 for the Spiral Dots. The only problem with it though was, it did not fit tight on the nozzle and would slip off sometimes.

Also currently use the Spiral Dots over spinfits, sony hybrids, shure olives (e2c) and comply, they sound fuller for me.

I had to strip the foam off the complys and use the core to hold the spiral dots in, havn't slipped off yet.

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #6,527 of 9,124
Wide bores make the sound slightly bright while narrow bores make the sound slightly warmer, fuller and smoother. 

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #6,529 of 9,124
Btw, ^^^ that is in my experience/opinion.

I find the opposite to be true. Narrow bore accentuates the highs, often leading to sibilance. Whereas wide bore mellows the sound out.

What you perceive as bright may simply be more air, because they certainly open the presentation quite a bit.

Of course, it could also be that your wide bores did not seal well, which would naturally lead to brightness.

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #6,530 of 9,124
  Wide bores make the sound slightly bright while narrow bores make the sound slightly warmer, fuller and smoother. 

True if the tips are of the same design (apart from bore diameter) and material. The spin fits create a higher pressure with a seal than the spiral dots, which may be causing a spike in the highs for me. I feel the spin fit material reflects more high frequencies then the spiral dots.

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #6,531 of 9,124
I find the opposite to be true. Narrow bore accentuates the highs, often leading to sibilance. Whereas wide bore mellows the sound out.

What you perceive as bright may simply be more air, because they certainly open the presentation quite a bit.

Of course, it could also be that your wide bores did not seal well, which would naturally lead to brightness.

Interesting. Of course, when I say bright and warm, its relative to the other tips and not really to an extent of changing the sound signature of an IEM itself. And my post is in reference to the tips that I have tried and have had a good seal.

For example, Galaxy sounds slightly bright with the Spiral Dots (which has a wide bore) and sounds smoother with the narrow bore tips (Spin Fits). Had the same experience with the ES Velvets.

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #6,532 of 9,124

True if the tips are of the same design (apart from bore diameter) and material. The spin fits create a higher pressure with a seal than the spiral dots, which may be causing a spike in the highs for me. I feel the spin fit material reflects more high frequencies then the spiral dots.

I guess it would be just over simplification to consider just the bore width. There are other things in play as well.

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #6,533 of 9,124
Anyone find any tips that might be a bit longer? I tried some comply p100's. Couldn't get them on without them coming apart. Even with trying to pre-stretch them. I ask because with the tips I've tried so far, I get a good seal, but they're easily taken out. To the point I think if I move my head too fast they might could pop out. So I'd like something that might feel more secure in my ear. Ultimately I plan on getting customs made. But until then, any suggestions?

Sep 9, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #6,534 of 9,124
Anyone find any tips that might be a bit longer? I tried some comply p100's. Couldn't get them on without them coming apart. Even with trying to pre-stretch them. I ask because with the tips I've tried so far, I get a good seal, but they're easily taken out. To the point I think if I move my head too fast they might could pop out. So I'd like something that might feel more secure in my ear. Ultimately I plan on getting customs made. But until then, any suggestions?

See my post a page or two back. If you haven't tried the Ortofon's they are worth a try.

Sep 9, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #6,536 of 9,124
Orthofon seems interesting. Looking forward to next massdrop deal:)

Sep 9, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #6,537 of 9,124
Ortofon Silicone tips pack seems to be backordered? 

Sep 10, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #6,538 of 9,124
I might have a few pairs to sell at $10 each lemme know!

Sep 10, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #6,539 of 9,124
now using jvc spiral size m. god level matching ever. the length is short but I stack a dummy little ring to reduce the total pipe length and make tips not go to deep. problem solved :)

Sep 10, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #6,540 of 9,124

Users who are viewing this thread

Back