1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Dec 5, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #481 of 9,124
I'm backing both the 1964Adel U6 and EarWerkz Supra. Although the Adel principle seems appealing 1964Adel isn't doing a good job as a Kickstarter creator so far

EarWerkz on the other hand is very responsive and actively anticipating towards its backers. If the Supra's will even represent half the quality of its company I'd be very pleased. Sorry to say, if I had to drop either of them at this very moment it would be the U6.

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #482 of 9,124
+1 to all the above. What a great campaign to appeal to the masses. I'm not going to splurge for my first CIEM in the A12 with such a feeble response from them, which so far seems only interested in money-making endeavours, and very little to convince me otherwise. Don't want to get my first CIEM leaving me with a very bad aftertaste however sweet the deal might seem

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #484 of 9,124
I'm backing both the 1964Adel U6 and EarWerkz Supra. Although the Adel principle seems appealing 1964Adel isn't doing a good job as a Kickstarter creator so far

EarWerkz on the other hand is very responsive and actively anticipating towards its backers. If the Supra's will even represent half the quality of its company I'd be very pleased. Sorry to say, if I had to drop either of them at this very moment it would be the U6.

Pretty much how I feel as well. If we don't hear anything from 1964 before the funding deadline, as much as I don't want to, I may drop them and give EarWerkz a shot. Still hoping we get a little more info on the Adel line though!

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #485 of 9,124
Conflicting info being disseminated, lack of replies on kickstarter, frankly extremely unenticing stretch goals... And finally what looks suspiciously like a "street price" offering rather than a real preorder price.

So I'm out for now.

I agree, except I suspect the street prices will be quite a bit more. These are about the same price as when 1964 have a GOOD sale on their current range, and these also have added tech in them (whether it will work or not is besides the point here). 

Hi Guys, 

Planning to back this project, but wanted to see what others had to say...read this forum but still a little skeptical. I'm planning to go for custom A10 but I have never backed a project for more than $20 on Kickstarter before...Lol. So is it worth it?

That's the debate! 1964 ears have a very big history of making some of the best iems you can buy - I don't think the jury's really out on that. Where the skeptisism comes in are the ones that no one has any benchmark for - the A10 being one of those. No one has any reference for what it may sound like or if it will be worth anywhere near that much money. You could assume they are, because fof the company, but I've had my faith in companies completely destroyed before.... ()I'm looking at you Apple with your Final Cut X...)

There are so many things that make me want to downgrade from the A12: lack of customer support on kickstarter, money for the Earwerkz Supra and K7XX, Australian import fees, the fact that I have their V8, and I don't know if it's going to be twice as good as the U6/8...

From what I've read here, there's a pretty good rule of diminishing returns with more expensive iems. I think it's fair to say the U6 would be twice as good as apple earbuds, for example, but I would suspect many people would hesitate to say even the infamous K10 is twice as good as a V6S....

On a side note, I think I'm going to email 1964 ears, note this thread and also mention a good amount of backers are on this forum, and also the above points. they need to get their act together or people might start to pull out. I for one am becoming slightly more uncomfortable with their level of communication and project updates....
My suggestion would be that if a few of us were to politely email as well, it might add a little weight to the point (rather than just one person looking like a single awkward customer...)
Thoughts?

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #486 of 9,124
The lack of communication and information from 1964 regarding the ADEL lineup was a big turnoff for me... it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I could be wrong, the new series could be awesome, but I wasn't ready to put money towards something that I knew so little about. Oh, and I didn't want to wait till May. 

So instead I ordered a V6-Stage during the Black Friday sale, and had impressions done yesterday. For me, it feels better to go with something "tried and true", rather than just hope for the best. And I'm not the most patient person in the world 
wink.gif

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #488 of 9,124
For people in the UK wanting to hear the U series before committing, there's a place in Hertfordshire that will let you trial universal versions of the entire 1964 range. 40quid an hour for the pleasure.
The U series from a sound signature point of view will be direct copies of these, just with the added benefit of the ADEL tech built in if you want to use it.

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #489 of 9,124
  For people in the UK wanting to hear the U series before committing, there's a place in Hertfordshire that will let you trial universal versions of the entire 1964 range. 40quid an hour for the pleasure.
The U series from a sound signature point of view will be direct copies of these, just with the added benefit of the ADEL tech built in if you want to use it.

You have to pay to demo??
That's quite a con job..

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #490 of 9,124

You have to pay to demo??
That's quite a con job..

Exactly what I thought, but the sales guy was getting rather grumpy that I'd even consider not buying, so said their standard charge for demo's was 40 an hour. 

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #491 of 9,124
Doesn't Vitaly (their CEO) come to Head-Fi? Is he not allowed to respond for some reason?

Anyway, I agree the V series is a good bargain. The A series, which was what I'm looking at, is what I was referring to with respect to it looking more like a 'street price' than a real, genuine, preorder price.

BTW, am I the only one who can't see how ADEL promises actual sonic improvements? That's another thing that worried me about the A series. Other than 'more drivers', I have read nothing about how they tuned it, actual impressions, or even the RnD that went into it. What were they aiming for, for example?

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #493 of 9,124

Hello everyone!​

We have reached over 200% of the goal on our Kickstarter campaign and have only 8 more days to go! When we reach the $450,000 stretch goal, we will be able to offer a Charcoal Black color option for the U-Series. Please share our Kickstarter (http://kck.st/1xbeRIN) campaign with all of your friends to help us reach this goal!​

On Tuesday, December 9th, 9AM Pacific Time, we will host a live webinar with Vitaliy Belonozhko & Stephen Ambrose to help you learn more about the RealLoud ADEL Technology and 1964|ADEL products. We hope to answer any questions you may have during the live webinar.​

Link to live webinar (please RSVP now): http://www.spreecast.com/events/n1964-adel-q-a-for-kickstarter

Thank you for all of your support and spreading the word about RealLoud ADEL Technology!​

- Your friends at 1964 EARS and Asius Technologies​

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #495 of 9,124
I'm more interested in reviews than a web seminar... 
If anyone can make it then please ask them on where's the reviews they promised before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back