1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Dec 5, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #497 of 9,124
Ah, the web seminar will take place at 4AM Sydney time 
frown.gif

Oh well, I'm glad that they're doing this before the project finishes, so I can make my decision after watching the Q&A 
smile.gif

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #498 of 9,124
Being a V6S owner, I have pledged U8. Although I have considered upgrading to A10/A12, I find it very difficult to justify the pricing difference. I am not entirely sure about how much sonic improvement I would receive from paying almost twice the price. Anyway, I would say $540 for a universal V8 is a bargain, and I look forward to 1964ADEL disclosing more information at the Q&A, especially in how the new technology could bring about better sound.

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #499 of 9,124
Being a V6S owner, I have pledged U8. Although I have considered upgrading to A10/A12, I find it very difficult to justify the pricing difference. I am not entirely sure about how much sonic improvement I would receive from paying almost twice the price. Anyway, I would say $540 for a universal V8 is a bargain, and I look forward to 1964ADEL disclosing more information at the Q&A, especially in how the new technology could bring about better sound.

Not a V6S owner(but would love to be after hearing them!) but think U8 is best bang for buck and am strongly considering buying them :thumbsup:

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #500 of 9,124
I just found out about this campaign today.
Is there a link to the full details of the study conducted? I'm inclined to back the project because this technology is novel, but I want to see how they did the study. The information posted on a poster board for a research symposium only represents a small fraction of the study's details.

Also, the technology is patented. Does anyone have a link to the actual patent as well?

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #501 of 9,124
I just found out about this campaign today.
Is there a link to the full details of the study conducted? I'm inclined to back the project because this technology is novel, but I want to see how they did the study. The information posted on a poster board for a research symposium only represents a small fraction of the study's details.

Also, the technology is patented. Does anyone have a link to the actual patent as well?

http://www.1964adel.com/detail

http://www.faqs.org/patents/assignee/asius-technologies-llc/

Google is your friend mate. As for the patent, idk but there are some of their prior ones.

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #502 of 9,124
http://www.1964adel.com/detail

http://www.faqs.org/patents/assignee/asius-technologies-llc/

Google is your friend mate. As for the patent, idk but there are some of their prior ones.

Ah okay thanks for that.

At first I was backing EarWerkz's Supra concept, and although I support them, was thinking of just saving my money to get an Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor in the future. However, maybe instead of going for my own selfish gains of just trying to get the best sound in an IEM form factor, I should back 1964/Adel's project because I believe they are dong some really interesting work here.

Now the only question remains: what's the difference between the 1964/Adel universal line and the ADEL Ambient line? The marketing terms for them are so similar that I don't know which one to pledge for. I've heard the 1964 Ears' V6 and V6 Stage before from demo CIEM units.

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #504 of 9,124
Hi All! Posted in the help and discussion forum, but the bulk of my question is relevant to the 1964Adel model specifically. I'm trying to figure out if I want to maintain my funding of the A12, or purchase V6-Stage, with an eye toward re-shelling into an Adel version if it is worth it/ available. Primary use would be iPhone 6+/Retina Macbook Pro, and I'd be upgrading from Shure 425s. 

This is the aforementioned thread if you'd like a deeper dive into my question- http://www.head-fi.org/t/745254/decisions-decisions-first-time-buyer-of-ciem-needs-help

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #507 of 9,124
You are correct. The drivers should be exactly the same (to save R&D and production costs), and another possible reason why the U6 is cheaper is because the housings are made of plastic (can be mass produced?). The universal V6S is made with acrylic, and is built to order.

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #508 of 9,124
Just a note on the plastic - it's actually PC/ABS (Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)

Basically a very strong plastic - blending a mix of PC and ABS - so should be extremely durable.

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #509 of 9,124
Kickstarted the A12! They're stating a February date- but given the delays of even their normal models right now, and how far down the line in the Kickstarter I am, will I be seeing these before summer/fall? It's leading me to reconsider- perhaps the V6-Stages for now, to try and take advantage of that slight giftcard discount, get them in a couple weeks, and be able to get them reshelled to an Adel version when that is released. That way, I'd get a pair of CIEMs at a more rational price, more promptly than the A12s, and still have the Adel option down the road (probably with only a slightly longer delay than just maintaining my funding of the A12s now)

Thoughts?

Also, @nmatheis I just heard about missing out on that sale! Pretty disappointed. Is that like an annual only thing for them, or would it be coming back around?

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #510 of 9,124
Kickstarted the A12! They're stating a February date- but given the delays of even their normal models right now, and how far down the line in the Kickstarter I am, will I be seeing these before summer/fall? It's leading me to reconsider- perhaps the V6-Stages for now, to try and take advantage of that slight giftcard discount, get them in a couple weeks, and be able to get them reshelled to an Adel version when that is released. That way, I'd get a pair of CIEMs at a more rational price, more promptly than the A12s, and still have the Adel option down the road (probably with only a slightly longer delay than just maintaining my funding of the A12s now)

Thoughts?

Also, @nmatheis
 I just heard about missing out on that sale! Pretty disappointed. Is that like an annual only thing for them, or would it be coming back around?

They're pretty busy right now so don't expect a sale any time soon.
Actually with the kickstarter they might be more busy than ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back