$100-$300 Headphones Review: ATH-M50 vs ATH-AD700 vs HD598 vs SRH940 vs DT1350 vs V6 vs Modded V6 vs Bose OE (Updated 6/19/13)
Aug 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #34 of 57
They sound flat. Simply depends on track choice. If the recording has tons of bass, these will put out tons of bass. Same vise versa. They have a good sound stage and they don't sound congested like the momentum.

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #37 of 57
Hey, I'm looking forward to upragde from my creative aurvana live's and I've been having a hard time choosing between the HD 598, AKG K550 and the DT 770 PRO. Each of them only cost 150€ new for me, and I'm not sure which one provides the most value for the money. 

I believe I have the same preferences as you, and I especially like listening to film scores, epic music and rock/post rock.

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #40 of 57
A review/comparison on the AKG K612 Pro would be nice.

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #43 of 57
That might be bit harsh. I mean, sure, they are overhyped. People compare them to $300 hps! But they do have great clarity and detail.

I'm probably buying the M50's (again, since the first got lost, thanks to USPS) for my first decent headphone. I'm still a noob at all this, but I was wondering if you think I would be able to hear the guitar solos, clearly with these?
The only pair of headphones I have ever owned are the Solo HD's (which I regret buying), that's why I'm asking if the guitars will sound better... :p
Also, do they need burn in?

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #44 of 57
I'm probably buying the M50's (again, since the first got lost, thanks to USPS) for my first decent headphone. I'm still a noob at all this, but I was wondering if you think I would be able to hear the guitar solos, clearly with these?
The only pair of headphones I have ever owned are the Solo HD's (which I regret buying), that's why I'm asking if the guitars will sound better...
tongue.gif

Also, do they need burn in?

Yup. Speaking of sounding clear, M50 are one of the cleanest headphone you can get for under $200. You will be able to hear the guitars clearly, but it might be a tad bit recessed when compared to other frequency. But compared to beats, they will give you so much more clarity.

And I'm not sure about burn in. I did burn mine in for 50hrs, but didn't notice too much change.

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #45 of 57
Yup. Speaking of sounding clear, M50 are one of the cleanest headphone you can get for under $200. You will be able to hear the guitars clearly, but it might be a tad bit recessed when compared to other frequency. But compared to beats, they will give you so much more clarity.

And I'm not sure about burn in. I did burn mine in for 50hrs, but didn't notice too much change.

awesome!

Thanks for the info! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back