$1 Million Cable Challenge Is On
Nov 4, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #542 of 581
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On topic, are there any new details on the challenge?

I check the JREF site occaisionally , there is no news as yet and even the discussion seems to have been dropped off. It looks like it is not going to happen.

Nov 4, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #543 of 581
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I check the JREF site occaisionally , there is no news as yet and even the discussion seems to have been dropped off. It looks like it is not going to happen.

This is exactly what I predicted... that he'd just move on to the next victim and hope nobody noticed
confused.gif
. This guy is an enormous scammer of the worst sort.

Nov 4, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #544 of 581
I'm assuming you are referring to the fella from Pear.

See ya
Steve

Nov 4, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #545 of 581
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is exactly what I predicted... that he'd just move on to the next victim and hope nobody noticed
confused.gif
. This guy is an enormous scammer of the worst sort.

That'd make sense if the people who were challenged hadn't backed out.

It's weird. I'd be pretty happy if I made and endorsed something, and someone offered me a million dollars to simply demonstrate what I'm already saying. I'd have to be lying about what I'm endorsing in order not to jump on that deal, or something.

Nov 4, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #546 of 581
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's weird. I'd be pretty happy if I made and endorsed something, and someone offered me a million dollars to simply demonstrate what I'm already saying. I'd have to be lying about what I'm endorsing in order not to jump on that deal, or something.

Is it disconcerting to anyone else that both parties are keeping silent about the challenge not taking place? I mean, shouldn't this mean one of them backed out and the other gets to show that they were scared to test the theory? Really odd to me that no one has inflated their ego because of this.

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #547 of 581
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it disconcerting to anyone else that both parties are keeping silent about the challenge not taking place? I mean, shouldn't this mean one of them backed out and the other gets to show that they were scared to test the theory? Really odd to me that no one has inflated their ego because of this.

Well if you had read the JRF forum a couple of weeks back there was a lot of toing and froing about it and many heated exchanges and not a little bad behaviour and much shouting. It seems to have calmed down now.

Nov 4, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #548 of 581
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My understanding is that, although Pear backed out, Fremer didn't.

Nov 4, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #549 of 581
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My understanding is that, although Pear backed out, Fremer didn't.

Interesting how a closed belief system warps the mind.I won't bother to ask you, earwicker7, if you've ever tried to tell well constructed cables apart in a DBT.We all know the answer.

Fremer isn't willing to spend > $7000 out of his own pocket although given his claims are substantial winning $1000000 by discriminating the cables should be quite easy.

I guess it's time to collect the ridiculous amount for the snake oil cable in order to shut the clowns up once and for all.
I do offer $300 from my hard earned money for the purpose, and believers are invited to join, too.You know, all the day and night differences, should be quite easy to put us rational guys to shame.

Nov 4, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #550 of 581
Fremer wasn't the one challenged. Pear was. The challenge was "prove the difference between monster cables and pear cables". But the guy from Pear was too chicken to submit to the test himself. His first diversion was to insist that an "expert" participate in the test. Randi located him an expert, and then the Pear guy backed out. I think that pretty much tells you about the value of his product.

See ya
Steve

Nov 4, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #552 of 581
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do offer $300 from my hard earned money for the purpose, and believers are invited to join, too.You know, all the day and night differences, should be quite easy to put us rational guys to shame.

I would still really like to see this challenge. I will pledge $100 for this, I am a student so money is a bit tight, especially after having to replace our car
frown.gif

Running total = $400

Who will hold the money ?

Nov 4, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #553 of 581
Save your money. Even if the test was conducted by the Pope, the people you are trying to convince would still think it was rigged.

See ya
Steve

Nov 4, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #554 of 581
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Save your money. Even if the test was conducted by the Pope, the people you are trying to convince would still think it was rigged.

See ya
Steve

At this precise moment I am not concerned about convincing anyone on this particular occaision, its not like this is a jitter or CD players sound the same or CD vs LP thread
evil_smiley.gif

I genuinely would like to see the challenge done, one can worry about the interpretation after the event, if Fremer won he could buy the cable from us.

If you read the Pear site they provide a graph showing the signal loss at 10 - 20K for their cables vs "a leading competitor(unnamed)" they say that both cables were the same gauge and length yet the competitor shows a 0.5V
greater drop than the Pear cable i.e measurably different.

Nov 4, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #555 of 581
Quite frankly, I wouldn't believe anything on the Pear site after the way that fella behaved.

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back