「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 11, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #143,266 of 177,747
  I really enjoyed how Durararararararara!!!!!!!!!!! came together. It makes all the slower parts totally worth the wait.

The "slower" parts also have a lot to offer, if you ask me.
Really good show.

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #143,268 of 177,747
  The "slower" parts also have a lot to offer, if you ask me.
Really good show.

I agree; I just wasn't prepared for the (seemingly) random offshoots into character backgrounds. But, it all makes sense in the end.

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #143,269 of 177,747

Right now I'm just ignoring what's current and clearing my backlog. 

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: damn that OP is catchy

Which season? Both are pretty catchy 

Season 1. I first heard it here:

And then in one of Marasy's albums:

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #143,271 of 177,747
Lost a lot of quotes in a mobile cache purge, whatevs. Onto the new ones.

Best thing I've read tonight.

X2

Po' po' alrhgmgehst sama. He's just a small town boy, livin' in a lonely world, took the hype train to nowhere :frowning2:

:D

Ah. That's... what? lol 

I caught Death Parade the other day. Pretty interesting pilot ep, I hope that they're able to maintain that level of intrigue and suspense for the entirety of its run, it's got definite potential for sure 

This.

All this talks of death parade...

I just binged the second half of Shirobako season one. Easily the best anime I watched this past season. Thanks to those who recommended it... kn19h7 methinks first? And maybe then a 2nd vote by Tom Yum Goong

For some reason, I couldn't get past thinking in the last few episodes how it was odd that none of them have relationships, or even any semblance of potential there. Not that I need it in the show, or want it to take time away from the core topic, but it would make the ridiculous juggling act that is their jobs a bit more dramatic or calm, either/or.

Edit: didn't even think about that not so spoiler but could be a spoiler at first all. Hope no one saw it...
/edit

It's kind of both inspiring and makes me think about my own job. I really felt it when
production desk duties were laid out for miyamori in ep.13. After having to do my supervisors job for almost 3 weeks this year, seeing her reaction, I was like YES!

Also, I have never wished for as much ill will to any other anime character as I have to Tarou. On more than one occasion, I thought "if you guys don't strangle him, I will."

Next weekend, in my 5 hours of free time, I hope to get through most of To The Moon (not anime but is looking to be quite the experience).

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #143,272 of 177,747

Kalbee should be here :

@kalbee

I have P-H, desktop speakers, two monitors, mouse pad, keyboard and mouse on my desk. Along with all the junk.
But in order to use those stuff it's still kept slightly tidier than that1...
Just a crap load of cables and earphones/headphones on the desk.

1. limited to desk. The room overall is a mess.

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #143,273 of 177,747
  I have P-H, desktop speakers, two monitors, mouse pad, keyboard and mouse on my desk. Along with all the junk.
But in order to use those stuff it's still kept slightly tidier than that...

lol

Dramatic pause and suddenly, a kALBEE APPEARS!

Get your masterballs fellas.

He's back
wink_face.gif

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #143,274 of 177,747
But in order to use those stuff it's still kept slightly tidier than that1...

1. limited to desk. The room overall is a mess.

Welcome back!

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #143,276 of 177,747

I just binged the second half of Shirobako season one. Easily the best anime I watched this past season. Thanks to those who recommended it... @kn19h7 methinks first? And maybe then a 2nd vote by @Tom Yum Goong
For some reason, I couldn't get past thinking in the last few episodes how it was odd that none of them have relationships, or even any semblance of potential there. Not that I need it in the show, or want it to take time away from the core topic, but it would make the ridiculous juggling act that is their jobs a bit more dramatic or calm, either/or.

Edit: didn't even think about that not so spoiler but could be a spoiler at first all. Hope no one saw it...
/edit

It's kind of both inspiring and makes me think about my own job. I really felt it when
production desk duties were laid out for miyamori in ep.13. After having to do my supervisors job for almost 3 weeks this year, seeing her reaction, I was like YES!

Also, I have never wished for as much ill will to any other anime character as I have to Tarou. On more than one occasion, I thought "if you guys don't strangle him, I will."

Next weekend, in my 5 hours of free time, I hope to get through most of To The Moon (not anime but is looking to be quite the experience).

Death Billiards was the only one I didn't catch back in Anime Mirai 2013, guess I'll watch that before starting Death Parade... recently catching up on Soukyuu no Fafnar which I thought s2 would be on Spring instead of now orz

Shirobako often makes me thinking of my own life indeed..

P.A. Works boss did mention in an interview that he'd actually take someone like Tarou XD
Welp I do think it isn't really bad to have one or two of such person in a company...

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #143,278 of 177,747
The first episode of the new Tokyo Ghoul got some good reviews

maybe...i should finish season 1

Season one follows the manga closely so you could just read it up to the Aogiri arc, everything after is anime only.

Lost a lot of quotes in a mobile cache purge, whatevs. Onto the new ones.
X2
:D
This.

I just binged the second half of Shirobako season one. Easily the best anime I watched this past season. Thanks to those who recommended it... kn19h7 methinks first? And maybe then a 2nd vote by Tom Yum Goong

/edit

Shirobako is awesome and I highly recommend it. The start of Season 2 is also shaping up to rather interesting, I like the little bits of soul-searching they drop into the series on occasion.

Not sure what happened at the end of Death Parade. Did it really happen? Was it her white lie?

Considering how only couples who died at the same instant gets to the place, I see it as you are what your partner see you as, her lie effectively made her evil in his eyes, while she still sees him as the perfect husband.

Either that or she she really did have an affair, which would explain the phone call that lead to their dead

Intrigue is there, but overall I feel the scenes are a little too analytical. The flashbacks, the "twist", everything really

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #143,279 of 177,747

Users who are viewing this thread

Back