「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 11, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #143,296 of 177,747
I havent read the TG manga

But I like episode 12 a lot

I hate developing weak ass MCs. They make terrible mistakes and are too fool hardy
The tortue, him being indecicive, and the 'forcing' of him to become a legit character was great
I had great pleasure in seeing such transformations

And...did they just ******* pull a line from Code Geass?
"It wasn't me that was wrong, it was the world?" - Lelouch...and now Kaneki

Hahaha that spoiler part. It's funny because none of that's relevant in the second manga. XD

No, my bro got it from a used game store for 800 yen. It just so happens to be really rare I guess. I'm not going to play the game. XD

Ah, used. Not so valuable then. I thought you opened up a mint copy of the game you found lying around.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #143,297 of 177,747
Ah, used. Not so valuable then. I thought you opened up a mint copy of the game you found lying around.

When collecting things I seriously don't care whether it's used or not (though obviously signs of wear aren't good). Don't understand people's obsession with keeping items in the box, can't even enjoy it that way.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #143,298 of 177,747
When collecting things I seriously don't care whether it's used or not (though obviously signs of wear aren't good). Don't understand people's obsession with keeping items in the box, can't even enjoy it that way.

It's about the resell value. Which is what collecting is all about. I'm personally a user instead of a collector but I did collect Pokemon cards when they first came out.

When I sold off my collection it was for around $1.4k with everything in good to brand new mint. Would have probably sold for 1/10th that or worse if I didn't treat them as collector items. Getting back money you invested is always nice.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #143,299 of 177,747

Well when you collect things and they don't have the original contents, the value of the package isn't as high.

e.g. an original Sega Dreamcast in okay condition will be worth a lot more if it included the original box, user manual, and game controllers compared to just the console in great condition

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #143,300 of 177,747
Hahaha that spoiler part. It's funny because none of that's relevant in the second manga. XD

Second manga? What is the second manga about?

Why is there a second manga?

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #143,301 of 177,747
Second manga? What is the second manga about?

Why is there a second manga?

It's about a team of Doves that have Ghoul Abilities, their not as potent as the original Ghouls but considering that they can use Quinque's on top of that... Well, you get the idea.

Can't tell you anymore than the premise or it would be major spoilers for the end of the first and the start of this continuation.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #143,302 of 177,747
It's about a team of Doves that have Ghoul Abilities, their not as potent as the original Ghouls but considering that they can use Quinque's on top of that... Well, you get the idea.

Can't tell you anymore than the premise or it would be major spoilers for the end of the first and the start of this continuation.

aaaaa

I thought the second Ghoul manga was the second season

NVM...

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #143,308 of 177,747
Just starteed watching ep 0 of Saekano

This is not actually part of the official anime and is just a pre-air kinda thing I guess

Holy schiit we've gone meta

Anime has become self aware. 

They realize the issues.

And holy batman fanservice to the max

Pre-air, fanservice, plus a little background and character setting thrown in for the heck of it.

Them breaking the fourth wall at parts is pretty amusing

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #143,309 of 177,747
Pre-air, fanservice, plus a little background and character setting thrown in for the heck of it.

Them breaking the fourth wall at parts is pretty amusing

Decent pre air epsiode to get the fanservice lovers interested.

Decent cinematography at times, but at others, repeated motions or CG. 

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #143,310 of 177,747
Death Billiards was the only one I didn't catch back in Anime Mirai 2013, guess I'll watch that before starting Death Parade... recently catching up on Soukyuu no Fafnar which I thought s2 would be on Spring instead of now orz

Shirobako often makes me thinking of my own life indeed..

P.A. Works boss did mention in an interview that he'd actually take someone like Tarou XD
Welp I do think it isn't really bad to have one or two of such person in a company...

Yea it definitely has given me some stuff to think about. It's one of those potentially life altering shows.

Haha it's funny because I agree with you and PA Works' boss. I've worked with such people in the past and it always makes work more interesting. I lovingly call them a chaos factor. They keep people from getting bored with the monotony of their jobs, even though it generally creates more work.

It's more Tarou specifically, his personality bugs me.

Yeaaa, not sure I want to watch death billiards just to watch this one. And I used to play billiards.

Shirobako is awesome and I highly recommend it. The start of Season 2 is also shaping up to rather interesting, I like the little bits of soul-searching they drop into the series on occasion.

Not sure what happened at the end of Death Parade. Did it really happen? Was it her white lie?

Considering how only couples who died at the same instant gets to the place, I see it as you are what your partner see you as, her lie effectively made her evil in his eyes, while she still sees him as the perfect husband.

Either that or she she really did have an affair, which would explain the phone call that lead to their dead

Intrigue is there, but overall I feel the scenes are a little too analytical. The flashbacks, the "twist", everything really

Yea no idea about death parade :xf_eek:

But I agree on Shirobako. I like how they are bringing that soul searching element in, especially since it's so easy to forget when going through day to day life...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back