「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 31, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #114,091 of 177,750
Micey likes Herro Kitty

Indeed I do! : D
If the tweak had an icon for Pochacco, I would have that instead since Pochacco is awesome.

[rule]
Hm...I tried some Martin Logan electrostatic speakers just now at a Best Buy.

Notbad.jpg but the sound was likely limited by the iPhone's DAC. I'll have to come back another day with a more serious DAC and more music since I rarely put music on my iPhone. I was lucky to have Yes's Fragile album [1994 remaster] in ALAC on there, although that album isn't well mixed. XD

May 31, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #114,092 of 177,750

Should I really stop being a superficial idiot and watch it?

You all make it sound super awesome! Like there is more behind the fish-people and photosynthesis BS.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

It's super awesome for me because it reminds me of one of the top rated VNs of all time lol.

what fish-people???

@b1o2r3i4s5
ABOUTT IME!!!

We told you!

what?

EDIT:
just figured that you're trying to say "time"

May 31, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #114,094 of 177,750

It's super awesome for me because it reminds me of one of the top rated VNs of all time lol.

what fish-people???

what?

EDIT:
just figured that you're trying to say "time"

yep yep

We all told you that Sidonia was pretty good 
biggrin.gif

Now....

Recommend me some anime from this season.

May 31, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #114,095 of 177,750

We all told you that Sidonia was pretty good 
biggrin.gif

Now....

Recommend me some anime from this season.

Really? Damn... I must've missed them.

lol that's rather hard.... You're probably watching most of the good ones already.

May 31, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #114,096 of 177,750
  I bought my mom a Herro Kitty Chia pet for her birthday.......yep. Nothing else

Good.

I don't understand the popularity behind Hello Kitty but same goes with many other things.

Guys who understand Mandarin: http://www.youku.com/show_page/id_ze7b6f228972211e0a046.html

This is hilarious. Short animated series with tons of references, mostly anime.

May 31, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #114,097 of 177,750
  Really? Damn... I must've missed them.

lol that's rather hard.... You're probably watching most of the good ones already.

How is Black Bullet or M3 so far?
  Good.

I don't understand the popularity behind Hello Kitty but same goes with many other things.

Guys who understand Mandarin: http://www.youku.com/show_page/id_ze7b6f228972211e0a046.html

The voice acting is pretty terrible.....

May 31, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #114,098 of 177,750

I bought my mom a Herro Kitty Chia pet for her birthday.......yep. Nothing else

Good.

Hello Kitty is overrated, but she's basically the only real Sanrio character in today's era....I miss Badtz Maru.

小黑和小白? Are those common names or something? 小白 was one of the characters in my Chinese textbooks. XD

May 31, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #114,099 of 177,750
Hello Kitty is overrated, but she's basically the only real Sanrio character in today's era....I miss Badtz Maru.

小黑和小白? Are those common names or something? 小白 was one of the characters in my Chinese textbooks. XD

I guess so.

In my Chinese textbooks, the MC's were always named double charaters like:

fang fang
yun yun

and the typical 'little + something' style, like the:
little black

etc

May 31, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #114,100 of 177,750

小-whatever is a common name in Chinese for young female characters. In the Cantonese/Mandarin dubs of various anime, single Kanji Japanese names like Makoto, Tsubasa, Akane, Nagisa are prefixed with "小".

May 31, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #114,101 of 177,750

I guess so.

In my Chinese textbooks, the MC's were always named double charaters like:

fang fang
yun yun

and the typical 'little + something' style, like the:
little black

etc

Whaaat? You didn't learn about the adventures of 王朋,李有,白英愛,和 高文中?
lolololololololololololol this pic:
5.K.C.gif

I'm sad I didn't get to continue to second year Chinese since I would have learned about their adventures...
OH MY GAWD, I must watch this!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl7z7bX7SW8[/video]

May 31, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #114,102 of 177,750
Sup guise, was away for a long while due to work commitments :frowning2:

Hows everyone doing? xD

Managed to sneak in a trip to HK for the Kalafina Live concerts held on the 30th and 31st

Goods were underwhelming, but I managed to snag an autograph pass!

image.jpg

May 31, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #114,103 of 177,750
5.K.C.gif

I'm sad I didn't get to continue to second year Chinese since I would have learned about their adventures...

I learnt about how the people of Hong Kong celebrate "National Day of the People's Republic of China" on October 1st and how Hong Kong is no longer the "Pearl of the Orient" (東方之珠) but now "動感之都", or "City of Motion"/"Lively City" or whatever it is now.

May 31, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #114,104 of 177,750

I give them props for it though

It was funny at first seeing how they spoke but whatever

The girl that looks Chinese threw me off the most as I thought she could already speak.
Sup guise, was away for a long while due to work commitments
frown.gif

Hows everyone doing? xD

Managed to sneak in a trip to HK for the Kalafina Live concerts held on the 30th and 31st

Goods were underwhelming, but I managed to snag an autograph pass!

Nice! Nice

Two day trip to the SAR I see :wink:

....wait...you got a personal autograph?

Oh my goodness, oh my dayum

May 31, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #114,105 of 177,750
  I learnt about how the people of Hong Kong celebrate "National Day of the People's Republic of China" on October 1st and how Hong Kong is no longer the "Pearl of the Orient" (東方之珠) but now "動感之都", or "City of Motion"/"Lively City" or whatever it is now.

What did you learn about it?....I mean, what is there to learn about? Its like learning about memorial day in the US...its hard to really describe or 'tell' what you learned as its a celebration

From what I know, the event isn't as hottly and widely celebrated over there, but still draws a lot of people. And recent statistics showed the HK SAR PLA garisson to have gotten 5x the number of expected attendees.

I'm laughing a bit at all the scenes with the HK and PRC flag together. I read into the laws on this and its just funny to see it in action (the position of the HK flag and size in relation to the mainland flag)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back