「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 22, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #137,357 of 177,745
Not to mention allowing a POW to just freely roam around, walking into cockpits and piloting your mechs and schiit. I was tearing my hair out at that part, expect them to just sit there while you murder their friends, did you?

And trust me, it gets worse. They keep mentioning this Taboo thing, but it's episode 7 and I've yet to know what this Taboo IS, or what it's supposed to prevent.

Yeah, that was the straw that I had to just say F it at

Reading some commentary and it seems my hunch was right. This is Tomino doing it on purpose.

The 80s-90s style of animation and plot sequencing was A LOT different from how they are now. 

I know this is his style, but I hate it. 

Great spoiler analysis of Code Geass and the relationships of Lelouch & Suzaku
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2mu5p2/spoilers_code_geass_the_psychology_of_lelouch_and/

Offers great insight into Lelouch and his 'kindness' along with one of the greatest fundamental ideas of 'living' that the world currently has.

FYI, the fundamental theme that I am speaking of here is used quite often in 'good literature'. It was also one of the most defining themes of Koe no Kitachi, however Code Geass executes it much more briliantyly and subtly. 

biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #137,359 of 177,745
Pleeeease tell me somebody in here's watching Terraformars, and pleeeease help me drive home the awesomeness that is episode 9. I don't even post here that often; I needed to let it out that badly.

Most of us rage dropped that long ago lol

Still watching it here. Its one of those light heart series in a sense that it doesn't leave me much to think with :p
And oh, it tells you about some rare species animals or insects :/

Just watched ep9 and it was welp, as usual.

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #137,360 of 177,745
http://animatorexpo.com/mememe/

NSFW (not spoken words, so no subs needed, just feels)

(It's a few minute short anime and so I don't find there to be a need for a spoiler tag for the information below as it is a semi wall of text)

It's from the studio that made Neon Genesis, Madoka, and all that good stuff

It's a high quality anime short that is actually ultra depressing.

There are multiple theories towards what the show is about
http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/2mzmsb/insane_japanese_animation_team_holy_****/cm9170k

I believe the analysis from stry8993 is the most accurate out of all of them despite how 'open to interpretation' that the short is.

The second analysis is by no means bad, but the evidence to support it is not nearly as direct as the third ones. 

I feel it is more so on the third one as flashbacks to real life of his past lover are shown repeatedly and as direct sources of evidence towards what is happening to him. And his clear abandonment of his lover was also clear as day. The women multiples in his hallucinations are also just devlish repeats of the original lover girl, and so I feel it is more of a type of regret, pent up sexual frsutration, self emotional abuse, and ultimate depression that he has. 

I found the end scene with the FPS to be more of something that a lot of us nerds do. Situational day dreams of saving the day, and that it was just that for him but with a deep layering of his depression and regreat intruding into the typical day dreams. 

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #137,361 of 177,745
Work is piling up and I already have a ton of schiit to deal with so depressing stuff is a no go for me for now.

Have it bookmarked under "Holy ****" so will notice it later when I need something to watch. Thx

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #137,362 of 177,745
@Psycho Pass 2 Ep 07

"As long as Shisui's psycho pass is clear, we have no reason to stop her from using the dominators"

really sibyl? REALLY???
Is that your best answer to my question last Ep?

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #137,363 of 177,745
  @Psycho Pass 2 Ep 07

"As long as Shisui's psycho pass is clear, we have no reason to stop her from using the dominators"

really sibyl? REALLY???
Is that your best answer to my question last Ep?

Read my spoilers from before

This is exactly the kind of B.S 'technicaly we answered your questions' kind of thing PP S2 is doing. 

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #137,364 of 177,745
Nov 22, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #137,366 of 177,745
I thought this was a joke and was wondering why there were so many dislikes (I thought it was a good musical-like video)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBwjxBmMszQ[/video]

Turns out it's actually a thing. Why the hell anyone would use this is beyond me. T_T
No really, I seriously thought it was a joke when the "Monopoly guy" said that storing your credit card and debit card information in your phone "is a secure and a wise investment" in that really sarcastic tone.

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #137,367 of 177,745
  http://animatorexpo.com/mememe/

NSFW (not spoken words, so no subs needed, just feels)

(It's a few minute short anime and so I don't find there to be a need for a spoiler tag for the information below as it is a semi wall of text)

It's from the studio that made Neon Genesis, Madoka, and all that good stuff

It's a high quality anime short that is actually ultra depressing.

There are multiple theories towards what the show is about
http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/2mzmsb/insane_japanese_animation_team_holy_****/cm9170k

I believe the analysis from stry8993 is the most accurate out of all of them despite how 'open to interpretation' that the short is.

The second analysis is by no means bad, but the evidence to support it is not nearly as direct as the third ones. 

I feel it is more so on the third one as flashbacks to real life of his past lover are shown repeatedly and as direct sources of evidence towards what is happening to him. And his clear abandonment of his lover was also clear as day. The women multiples in his hallucinations are also just devlish repeats of the original lover girl, and so I feel it is more of a type of regret, pent up sexual frsutration, self emotional abuse, and ultimate depression that he has. 

I found the end scene with the FPS to be more of something that a lot of us nerds do. Situational day dreams of saving the day, and that it was just that for him but with a deep layering of his depression and regreat intruding into the typical day dreams. 

Holy ****.
That was really impressive. On every level.

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #137,368 of 177,745
I thought this was a joke and was wondering why there were so many dislikes (I thought it was a good musical-like video)

Turns out it's actually a thing. Why the hell anyone would use this is beyond me. T_T
No really, I seriously thought it was a joke when the "Monopoly guy" said that storing your credit card and debit card information in your phone "is a secure and a wise investment" in that really sarcastic tone.

I finish the video without sound on and I cannot understand what's going on at all.... it's a bit creepy... the smiles and style is freaking me out... nightmare style-ish
frown.gif

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #137,369 of 177,745

That does seem handy in some way.
Way too risky for me though.

Regarding PP2
It's by no means a bad show. It just does quite a few things that I don't really like aaaaand pales in comparison to season one which it has to stand it's ground against.
I think we would have the same situation if, let's say, M. Night Shyamalan would film a remake of Hitchcocks The Birds. You know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back