「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 21, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #137,341 of 177,747
how can Aoyanagi or whatever that other inspector is, say that she doesn't believe in someone that can't be seen by Sibyl when that's exactly what happened last season? How long is the timeskip here? (don't answer if this answered in later episodes plz)

EDIT: also, wild caught makes sense because THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS IN THE LAST SEASON TOO, AND THAT'S COMING FROM SOMEONE THAT WAS IN THE LAST SEASON

have they all forgotten about the last villain??

Nov 21, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #137,342 of 177,747

how can Aoyanagi or whatever that other inspector is, say that she doesn't believe in someone that can't be seen by Sibyl when that's exactly what happened last season? How long is the timeskip here? (don't answer if this answered in later episodes plz)

EDIT: also, wild caught makes sense because THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS IN THE LAST SEASON TOO, AND THAT'S COMING FROM SOMEONE THAT WAS IN THE LAST SEASON

Psycho Pass is having all these weird plot wholes because it is trying to normalize the storyline and world theme. It isn't incorrect in doing so, but it makes it hard to follow at times as common sense will fail>

What this means is that because of the world that PP is in, following Sibyl and all. The second season is trying to 'normalize' the events so that everyone new there doesn't know/care about the events of others that can't be detected in the past.

The second season is defending these plot holes by relying on the Sibyl system (hence the plot hole of the dominators going missing) and it being just. Sibyl knowing all, and being all powerful and just is pretty much the answer to most of the plot holes as of the current moment. 

There is a lot of outrage in other forums and from Borisu about the plot holes. The series knows this, they reference and answer questions to plot holes EVERY episode. Even in the newest one, I've noticed that they go out of their way to add tid bits that answer these questions. However, just because you can try to answer a question, doesn't mean it is right. Most of how they are answering these questions in the series are extremely poor. Just because you realize it is going on and am answering them, doesn't excuse the schitty plot holes in my opinion. PP needs to step its game up a bit more.

HOWEVER, it should be noted that this is a valid formula used in film making. Lots of highly rated films have premises that fall flat to semi-plot holes that the film addresses. The formula/idea here is that the director/storyboard artist wants to make this fantastic story/plot and so will go through any way of getting the series to such a climax moment without a 100% focus on the logistics of getting there. Lots of media do this.

PP is doing it much better than the rabble is, but it is still clearly seen. 

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #137,343 of 177,747
Bought a bottle of Yamazaki 12 years. No money for better ones.

How much did you buy it for? How'd you like it? I need to know!

You mean like Slenderman or something? The price alone is horrifying enough to justify a creepypasta or some **** 

Pls no. There's already enough weird fetish creepypasta out there without adding audiophool schitt to the mix.

Psycho Pass is having all these weird plot wholes because it is trying to normalize the storyline and world theme. It isn't incorrect in doing so, but it makes it hard to follow at times as common sense will fail>

What this means is that because of the world that PP is in, following Sibyl and all. The second season is trying to 'normalize' the events so that everyone new there doesn't know/care about the events of others that can't be detected in the past.

The second season is defending these plot holes by relying on the Sibyl system (hence the plot hole of the dominators going missing) and it being just. Sibyl knowing all, and being all powerful and just is pretty much the answer to most of the plot holes as of the current moment. 

There is a lot of outrage in other forums and from Borisu about the plot holes. The series knows this, they reference and answer questions to plot holes EVERY episode. Even in the newest one, I've noticed that they go out of their way to add tid bits that answer these questions. However, just because you can try to answer a question, doesn't mean it is right. Most of how they are answering these questions in the series are extremely poor. Just because you realize it is going on and am answering them, doesn't excuse the schitty plot holes in my opinion. PP needs to step its game up a bit more.

HOWEVER, it should be noted that this is a valid formula used in film making. Lots of highly rated films have premises that fall flat to semi-plot holes that the film addresses. The formula/idea here is that the director/storyboard artist wants to make this fantastic story/plot and so will go through any way of getting the series to such a climax moment without a 100% focus on the logistics of getting there. Lots of media do this.

PP is doing it much better than the rabble is, but it is still clearly seen. 

I read plot holes when someone mentioned it early on in thw season and just lost interest. Is it as bad as the glaring blackholes of fallacy that is Terror in Resonance or is it actually bearable?

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #137,344 of 177,747
How much did you buy it for? How'd you like it? I need to know!
Pls no. There's already enough weird fetish creepypasta out there without adding audiophool schitt to the mix.
I read plot holes when someone mentioned it early on in thw season and just lost interest. Is it as bad as the glaring blackholes of fallacy that is Terror in Resonance or is it actually bearable?

The series is not bad at all.

For most viewers, it is hard to notice. 

Most of the holes we are referring to, are actually addressed by the series. Most just aren't satisfied by the explanations, or missed the subtle 'answers' the show is giving us. 

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #137,345 of 177,747
I'm certainly not impressed with PP2, especially so because it takes a few characters from the past season, and then somehow wants to retcon the past season's conclusions. Also their technical whatevers seem to have dropped. Maybe they can't hire who'sitcalled that drew Hitman Reborn and now took some whoever's to ape that. It's ****ty quality. Also what the **** with the
Assault Dominator? That's stupid and goes beyond what PP has set before.

Wait, maybe not. It aligns well enough with how Sibyl is supposed to be enforced, in that "point gun, judgement sent, fire". But it feels like too much of a cop out somehow.

This is a mess, just like episode
4 is

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #137,346 of 177,747
And before long, they will reveal that SURPRISE this is an experiment/test to get Akane to be a Sibyl brain or whatever. Damn you and your episode 5 PP2.

OH LOOK ANOTHER AUTOMATED PLACE WITH LOTS OF DRONES AND ONLY A FEW HUMANS THERE AS ADMINISTRATORS HOW IS THIS NOT LIKE ONE EPISODE FROM LAST SEASON???

THEY EVEN PUT IN THE OLD MAN DETECTIVE WITHOUT USING HIS OWN SON FOR THAT ROLE?????????

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #137,351 of 177,747
Pleeeease tell me somebody in here's watching Terraformars, and pleeeease help me drive home the awesomeness that is episode 9. I don't even post here that often; I needed to let it out that badly.

Haven't watched Ep 9 yet lol

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #137,352 of 177,747
Pleeeease tell me somebody in here's watching Terraformars, and pleeeease help me drive home the awesomeness that is episode 9. I don't even post here that often; I needed to let it out that badly.

The censoring killed any form of enjoyment I got out of it. Might pick it up again when it's uncessored and on DVD

Most of us rage dropped that long ago lol

Yup. Episode 3

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #137,354 of 177,747
I'm a bit dissapointed in Gundam G Reconquista

I'm currently on epsiode 2, but EVERYTHING feels like it is from the late 80s to early 90s in terms of animation and plot sequences. 

Everything is defying the laws of physics in ways that are similar to animation of that period (things look like they are 'ghosts' floating around, rather than suits actually flying). And how weird all the execution is.

Nothing in terms of the politics, social engineering, or how they are currently working with each other makes sense. 

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #137,355 of 177,747
Not to mention allowing a POW to just freely roam around, walking into cockpits and piloting your mechs and schiit. I was tearing my hair out at that part, expect them to just sit there while you murder their friends, did you?

And trust me, it gets worse. They keep mentioning this Taboo thing, but it's episode 7 and I've yet to know what this Taboo IS, or what it's supposed to prevent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back