「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 29, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #135,242 of 177,745
Watch Gankutsuou!

Seriously, it's amazing.

It really is. They nailed so much of it so well. Even the little things, like I loved the Madame, Monsieur, bonsoir, every time, for some reason.

Speaking of masterpieces, 3 episodes into Cross Ange and I don't know whether it really is a 2.5 or I should just go for. 7/10 for their resolve with this show.

But more seriously, finished Steins;Gate this weekend. Incredibly solid. 8.5/10. I take off half a point for music that could have been a bit better and cuz for the last 6 episodes, I was about 20 minutes ahead of the reveals.
The ending plan was a weee bit convoluted IMO, but I'll live.

[rule]

What's actually good this season that isn't an action focused show? Anyone?

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #135,244 of 177,745

Mushishi is always a safe bet.

*cough* "preorder" *cough*
http://groupees.com/doujin3

At least we know when it starts...

Hmmm I first want to see what's in there. I bought the last two bundles and don't want to get anything twice.

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #135,245 of 177,745
WEEEEELL then...I guess I'll let you guys know of any substantial frame rate drops.

I would buy it even if it drops frames like an artist with hemiballismus.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.....frame rate drops all over the place still. : (
I don't think it's as bad as X/Y, but it's still like 10 FPS when attacking and during Mega Evolutions. What's wrong with the people at GameFreak nowadays? Are they really incapable of fixing these issues? Again, Smash Bros. 3DS runs at a solid 60 FPS, Fire Emblem: Awakening runs at a pretty solid frame rate and that has more rendering to do I think.

I have a 30-minute play through of the demo, but I need to make room on my SSD since I have 7 GB of free space right now.

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #135,246 of 177,745
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.....frame rate drops all over the place still. : (
I don't think it's as bad as X/Y, but it's still like 10 FPS when attacking and during Mega Evolutions. What's wrong with the people at GameFreak nowadays? Are they really incapable of fixing these issues? Again, Smash Bros. 3DS runs at a solid 60 FPS, Fire Emblem: Awakening runs at a pretty solid frame rate and that has more rendering to do I think.

I have a 30-minute play through of the demo, but I need to make room on my SSD since I have 7 GB of free space right now.

I'm generally not a fan of dumb frame rate drops but don't really mind them in my Pokeman games. Not the kind of game that absolutely needs a stable frame rate IMO (unlike Smash etc).

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #135,247 of 177,745

Depends on what you call good.

Easy Recs:

Amagi Brilliant Park
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Shirobako

Maybe? Depends on your sense of humor, tolerance for Moe, etc.:

Denki-gai no Honya-san
Gugure! Kokkuri-san
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Sora no Method
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #135,249 of 177,745
Pixar character designer and sketch artist Grant Alexander tweeted out a photo of a group video call with a Studio Trigger team. When asked if this meant if there was a collaboration between the two studios, he simply shrugged the question saying he "could neither confirm or deny" it.

Interesting...

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #135,251 of 177,745
That show is strangely fascinating. Does a good job at conveying the stress that seems to dominate this job.

Just that job? Hell that's the status quo for entry level positions for any corporate job in Japan. Dump all the crap jobs on the new guys. :p

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #135,253 of 177,745
Ahaay, Chaika's still as fun as ever.

That aside tho, wanna ask the experts before going to sleep.
Is it possible for a portable amp to worsen the sound? Just realized while typing this, listening to some Kancolle instrumental directly from my Clip+, sounds clearer that I could hear the flute vibrates.

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #135,254 of 177,745
Ahaay, Chaika's still as fun as ever.

That aside tho, wanna ask the experts before going to sleep.
Is it possible for a portable amp to worsen the sound? Just realized while typing this, listening to some Kancolle instrumental directly from my Clip+, sounds clearer that I could hear the flute vibrates.

Maybe if you hook up a FiiO 06 to an AK240.

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #135,255 of 177,745

The real question is why would it not worsen the sound? If you pair an amp with the Clip+, you're double-amping it. If a high-end player is connected to an amp of worse-quality through a line out connection, the sound ought to be worse, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back