「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #123,751 of 177,747
Calyx M DAP

I want that one more than ones that cost three times as much!
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #123,753 of 177,747
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #123,754 of 177,747
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #123,755 of 177,747
Earsonics S-EM6
ph34r.gif

Not new at all but I would love to hear what you people have to say about it :D

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #123,756 of 177,747
Nice. Is this for audio360? TomScy seems to think the M can keep up with the AK240, but he didn't spend too much time with it

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #123,757 of 177,747

I didn't think these were new?

I heard the new PS500e and RS1e. Never ever gonna get the RS1 or e after hearing the e. 
Ahh sounds good. I think I can get one of these. 

Quoting myself because it seems we already got the Calyx M.

Not gonna get it myself then. 

Earsonics S-EM6
ph34r.gif

Not new at all but I would love to hear what you people have to say about it :D

It's not new like you say so it can't be done. We don't want year old products sadly. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #123,759 of 177,747
That thing isn't new.
  Like everyone who isn't pooping money. Money poopers go for the AK240.

Wrong! (See below.)

I also want the RWAK240 - a modified version that is $3,295 - but the Calyx M is sexy! (And much better value.)

I didn't think these were new?

They haven't even come out yet. They are a limited edition of the Pandora Hope X that is based on the discontinued MURAMASA VIII prototype.

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #123,760 of 177,747
Nice. Is this for audio360? TomScy seems to think the M can keep up with the AK240, but he didn't spend too much time with it

Depends

I write for Audio360 and Headphone.Guru. And also my own little brand mainly there as a storage/compilation brand for all the stuff I write individually. 

We've got connections to pretty much everything. It's just so much easier to do stuff through them as you just tell them what you need/want and it shows up a week later. I don't do this often as I haven't been keeping up with what is new and shabanging in the field. Just got notice that I need to request stuff as we need material to be covering....and by material. I mean we pretty want to have everything covered by our guys from the looks of it. 

Hence why I am asking you guys for tips. 

Putting together some kind of "what's hot" list or something?

Nah. Just got asked to let them know what I want so I can keep writting and filling content. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #123,761 of 177,747
LOL the Muramasa. Muppetface is one of the only people on earth who has one of those things and she can't say a thing about it. Was always curious as to what it sounded like. It's supposed to be crazily uncomfortable

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #123,762 of 177,747

Wrong! (See below.)

I also want the RWAK240 - a modified version that is $3,295 - but the Calyx M is sexy! (And much better value.)

They haven't even come out yet. They are a limited edition of the Pandora Hope X that is based on the discontinued MURAMASA VIII prototype.

We typically don't do limited limited edition stuff as....most people aren't gonna be able to get it. Although big brand limited edition stuff from Beyer or AT we get often. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #123,763 of 177,747

And I want a cruise ship.

LOL the Muramasa. Muppetface is one of the only people on earth who has one of those things and she can't say a thing about it. Was always curious as to what it sounded like. It's supposed to be crazily uncomfortable

Surprise surprise :p

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #123,764 of 177,747
  Depends

I write for Audio360 and Headphone.Guru. And also my own little brand mainly there as a storage/compilation brand for all the stuff I write individually. 

We've got connections to pretty much everything. It's just so much easier to do stuff through them as you just tell them what you need/want and it shows up a week later. I don't do this often as I haven't been keeping up with what is new and shabanging in the field. Just got notice that I need to request stuff as we need material to be covering....and by material. I mean we pretty want to have everything covered by our guys from the looks of it. 

Hence why I am asking you guys for tips. 

Nah. Just got asked to let them know what I want so I can keep writting and filling content. 

Nice. It's usually the opposite way for me. Companies reach out to me asking to have a review put on our site. They send the product, we test it and write about it. We do request specific items all the time but many of them come to us on their own. I have a new headset coming for review after one of the designers reached out to me personally after we spoke at PAX East earlier this year.

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #123,765 of 177,747

I heard that all the circumaural headphones by FAD (wow! ...fad) are uncomfortable; their appeal lies in the looks + sound, or at least the first one. XD

If I ever get 'em, I'll publish a review!

We typically don't do limited limited edition stuff as....most people aren't gonna be able to get it. Although big brand limited edition stuff from Beyer or AT we get often. 

Yeah, doesn't make sense to request a review unit for something that only a few people will ever get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back