「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 11, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #123,436 of 177,745
Aug 11, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #123,437 of 177,745
  Reported.

You do know there's a subscription page on head-fi that does the same but better?

I only subscribe to a few threads, but post in many more.

You can finally take a well deserved rest 
cool.gif

Ha! At least someone other than myself preserved my genius post of awesomeness.

But...but....Uematsu!
Look how cute he is!

You'll not regret going to this concert. 100% sure.

I didn't play that video, but...Uematsu and EarthBound?
eek.gif

I know what you mean, i speak Portuguese and English, pretty distinct languages, and as you said, i also don't think in a language, it's more like an association of an object or feeling to some word in a language, it's kinda hard to define, but the language it's just a way to translate what i'm thinking to something that other people can understand, and the same is valid when i'm reading or listening to something, i don't translate the information that is coming, i just interpret it to make sense in my head, with no actual language attached.

I'm 25% Portuguese. ^_^

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #123,438 of 177,745
  This recording sounds like it's coming from the stage monitors......
Damn.... Wish I could go to this concert...... such awesomeness.

I thought light only do curves because the space itself curved...?

Sorry but what's D^2, I^3 and L^2? (n00b here~)
Google couldn't help me either...

Dat rock remix of Liberi Fatali tho....

This sounds amazing...

+1

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #123,441 of 177,745
Oh man this is bad. I'm really liking this Kiss X Sis series. >.> T_T

Why did you start watching it?

Am I the only one who is watching the "re-broadcast" of Psycho-Pass?

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #123,446 of 177,745
Oh man this is bad. I'm really liking this Kiss X Sis series. >.> T_T

Why did you start watching it?

Because I found that chocolate lipstick scene from the Nya video I posted and I wanted to know what happened before and after that scene. I had a similar experience with my ex and it really turned me on. :x

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #123,447 of 177,745
Hmm... but I still don't understand how you could represent all colors in a 2 dimensional space....

Hmm, you're right. It does depend on what you call a color. If it's just hue and staturation then you only need two dimensions, but if you want to get in intensity too then you need a third dimension. But you can get hue and saturation in a filled disk. Since a completely saturated (gray) color is independent of hue. Plus, we should all be acquainted with such a color disk.

Since intensity is unbounded from above, and bounded from below (by zero), what you actually need is a filled cylinder unbounded on one side, and closed and bounded on the other side. That is, we need D^2 X [0,infinity). Or no. Actually zero intensity both hue and saturation are meaningless. So we need an unbounded filled cone. :cool: (Or D^2 X [0,infinity) / D^2 X {0})

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #123,448 of 177,745
I know. -_-

I only subscribe to threads I want to. I don't want a gazillion notifications every two seconds; I only want to see red when it's a thread I am especially interested in.

I'm only interested in this thread, so for me it doesn't really matter.
I just go to my subscriptions and view the top entry. (which is pretty much always this thread).

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #123,449 of 177,745
Really interesting article on everyones favorite noodle soup!

Given its birth as a foreign import, and the central role that foreign wheat plays in the dish, it’s odd that ramen would become a symbol of traditional Japan, but that’s exactly what happened.

http://www.tofugu.com/2014/08/11/the-social-history-of-ramen/

Huh, interesting. That reminds me, I should read this article too.
http://eater.com/archives/2014/07/22/sun-noodle-ramen-company-momofuku-ivan-ramen.php

Honestly, I don't think Samurai Noodle is that good. You pay big bucks for not so much food, and it costs extra to add stuff in. You're probably better off going to another quality Japanese restaurant.

People around here tend to make fun of them because the restaurants are run by white people. XD

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #123,450 of 177,745
Huh, interesting. That reminds me, I should read this article too.
http://eater.com/archives/2014/07/22/sun-noodle-ramen-company-momofuku-ivan-ramen.php

Honestly, I don't think Samurai Noodle is that good. You pay big bucks for not so much food, and it costs extra to add stuff in. You're probably better off going to another quality Japanese restaurant.

People around here tend to make fun of them because the restaurants are run by white people. XD

Will need to read that article later. I just skimmed it. Yours too Tom.

Momofuku ramen is meh at best. I was really disappointed actually. Probably my favorite ramen shop, Santouka uses Sun noodles I'm pretty sure. "Reviewers" in NY are waaaay too lenient on ramen IMO. There are literally 3 really good ramen places in and around NY. The rest range from not bad to I wish I hadn't come here.

The best ramen I had, bar none, was when Mitsuwa Marketplace flew in this one ramen chef from japan for one of their weekend "festivals." I might have the name somewhere, I'd only look for it if I was planning a trip to Japan. It was so good I could barely think straight. It wasn't even any special ramen, just regular pork broth shio ramen, but the execution and flavor... I don't even.

And "the best I ever had" is a unique feeling because you only know when it hits you. And you know and remember that emotional response, even if you don't remember the exact flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back