「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 11, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #123,406 of 177,745
Aug 11, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #123,407 of 177,745
There are hardly any concerts around here of artists I listen to, and sometimes there's stuff like festivals but I ain't nobody to go together with.
So sad.

Now I have all this money with nothing to spend it on.

That is unfortunate.

You will need all your money for hostess clubs once you are in Japan.

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #123,408 of 177,745
Aug 11, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #123,410 of 177,745
I've been wondering about this. All you guys who are proficient in two or more languages, do you have a strongly preferred language of thought?
I personally switch from thinking in Dutch and in English from moment to moment. I suppose I think slightly more often in English than in Dutch, but it greatly depends on the situation.
For example on the internet my preferred language of thought is English. When randomly thinking about 'stuff'' or philosophizing English too. But when talking to friends or family I talk in Dutch, so I switch to Dutch as language of thought as well. When doing mathematics it depends on whether the literature I'm using is in Dutch or English. Sometimes when I'm writing a proof I can switch accidentally between writing in English or Dutch half when starting a new paragraph. Some other mathematics students have reported the same, but I wonder how it's for you guys as well.

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #123,415 of 177,745
Playism will officially sell Touhou 14 digitally, starting on August 14th. Will cost JPY 1512.

So... western release really getting nearer? The western side of Playism brought some games (like La-Mulana or Danmaku Unlimited 2) to Steam. Would prefer also a physical English release, but still...

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #123,416 of 177,745
I've been wondering about this. All you guys who are proficient in two or more languages, do you have a strongly preferred language of thought?
I personally switch from thinking in Dutch and in English from moment to moment. I suppose I think slightly more often in English than in Dutch, but it greatly depends on the situation.
For example on the internet my preferred language of thought is English. When randomly thinking about 'stuff'' or philosophizing English too. But when talking to friends or family I talk in Dutch, so I switch to Dutch as language of thought as well. When doing mathematics it depends on whether the literature I'm using is in Dutch or English. Sometimes when I'm writing a proof I can switch accidentally between writing in English or Dutch half when starting a new paragraph. Some other mathematics students have reported the same, but I wonder how it's for you guys as well.

Yeah, same goes for me.
I sometimes even struggle to come up with the German translation of English words that I have in mind.
"Ich sollte noch ein wenig cat nip für die Katzen kaufen." Something like this. It's rather annoying.....

The People's Republic of Caina

I have yet to fly with Air Caina, but Air China is not great :|

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #123,417 of 177,745
Playism will officially sell Touhou 14 digitally, starting on August 14th. Will cost JPY 1512.

So... western release really getting nearer? The western side of Playism brought some games (like La-Mulana or Danmaku Unlimited 2) to Steam. Would prefer also a physical English release, but still...

Oh that's neat.
The western edition of Playism does have some interesting games to offer. Rime Berta for example.

Aug 11, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #123,418 of 177,745
Aug 11, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #123,419 of 177,745
  How so? 

China Eastern flights to Shanghai are always late, even in perfect weather. XD Once it was 2 hours late, perfect weather (I checked the weather of the flight course the plane took) and they had absolutely no excuse. The worst time was when it was 5 hours or so late. Thank goodness the Shanghai International Airport was huge since there was a bunch of us just sitting there. It got so late that they had to bring us food.

As far as Air China goes, I don't remember it well since I went on it when I was a kid (elementary school?). Anyways, I don't remember anything special about it.

2 things that determine how good an airliner is is the food and how late they are. 
tongue.gif
 The footrests on Singapore airlines made an enormous difference though. Comfort went through the roof with just a footrest.

Aug 11, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #123,420 of 177,745
I'll come to Kuala Lumpur soon. That's even closer, right?

The Internet is leaking out. Mind you I don't drink if we were to meet. I also would make a bad tourist guide :p

Most expensive concert ticket I ever bought. Normally I pay around €10-15.

Was worth the money though. I had a lot of fun and also just could not live with the thought that I missed one of the really rare Distant World concerts her in Germany.

There are hardly any concerts around here of artists I listen to, and sometimes there's stuff like festivals but I ain't nobody to go together with.
So sad.

Now I have all this money with nothing to spend it on.

Invest in something good (like property or something) so you can have more money to spend on nothing. :p I agree though that $110 is a lot of money to spend on, and which is what I'm half regretting on Distant Worlds...

I was never that fluent in Russian, so that leaves it out of the equation. I tend to alternate between English and Malay. Also, depending on how angry I am. "Angry" angry, then I get creative cursing in English. "Super mad" angry, I just spew whatever in Malay. Technical stuff... then it's usually English. Normal living thoughts, alternating with no discernible pattern. Internet is always in English though, unless if I'm reading my Twitter feed, then I'll get weaboo. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back