「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 26, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #111,511 of 177,746
The theme for this Ludum Dare is "Beneath The Surface".

That's an interesting theme. The obvious one that comes to my mind immediately was doing something with the underground. Then I thought of doing something skin-deep, humans or any other organism. Then my next thought is going eldritch and the insanity route. I mean there's nothing more "beneath the surface" than dealing with the Old Gods and insanity. Or maybe there's even more interesting ideas and my three ideas are extremely pedestrian and plebian.

One interesting scrapped idea was a pachinko-like(?) where you basically try to make an indie game (or a LD entry) and various slots are different elements - graphics, music, coding, design etc.

Beneath the surface in a developer's brain...

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #111,512 of 177,746
OnePlus's smashing your phone PR seems to have at least backfired on a portion of people. It really just seems a bit silly.

http://oneplus.net/smash

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #111,513 of 177,746
Am I the only one excited for the two episode OVA of Gargantia coming out this Fall?

Sure Gargantia as a whole was a bit of a backstabber but it wasn't that bad. I really like its theme of integrating into a society, adapting to its customs and learning about the world and its people and I found that it was quite well executed. The character evolution of Ledo from episode 1 to 13 was very well executed.

Though what I don't like is the short length and the fact that it could have been made better.

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #111,514 of 177,746
OnePlus's smashing your phone PR seems to have at least backfired on a portion of people. It really just seems a bit silly.

http://oneplus.net/smash

*looks at old decrepit 3GS*

Well... It IS a new phone...

Edit: only allows for newer flagships and doesn't deliver to my country. Oh well, I tried.

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #111,515 of 177,746
One interesting scrapped idea was a pachinko-like(?) where you basically try to make an indie game (or a LD entry) and various slots are different elements - graphics, music, coding, design etc.

Beneath the surface in a developer's brain...

That pachinko idea is too random.

That's a great idea, but isn't that kind of what some indie games already about? Gone Home or something is like that, ain't it?
-------------
Never Settle – Change is Now

But then they settled with no microSD card. Yep.

Apr 26, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #111,517 of 177,746
Am I the only one excited for the two episode OVA of Gargantia coming out this Fall?

Sure Gargantia as a whole was a bit of a backstabber but it wasn't that bad. I really like its theme of integrating into a society, adapting to its customs and learning about the world and its people and I found that it was quite well executed. The character evolution of Ledo from episode 1 to 13 was very well executed.

Though what I don't like is the short length and the fact that it could have been made better.

Oh I'll watch it!
One of the episodes is directed by the Urobutcher!
I really really liked the visual style of Gargantia.

Double quote...thanks Obama.

Apr 26, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #111,518 of 177,746

Kept and stored for enjoyment..... later. The phones themselves are really sexy, magnet clasped faux leather custom fit case is just the cherry on top.

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #111,520 of 177,746
My new iPhone wallpapers;

Society... Deal With It™

Dayum...that is some witty stuff to use. Especially for public

Too bad that if you support the Industry(TM) the official Western version boxset or whatever has gimped and cut away the Katyusha song and replaced with silly copyrightless (that's not a real word, and there's a better fitting term but I just can't remember what) Russian song that nukes the whole feeling of that scene and afterwards.
Love Tintin. There's a dedicated Tintin store in Singapore at Chinatown (not that anybody else knows about Singapore anyways). Love reading it when I was a kid, only obviously not in French. I don't find the dialogues to be tedious, even as a child.

I don't know how they even got blocked. Last I thought, Katsyushya was an old Russian revolutionary song?
  I love him.

yeah, he gets that. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #111,521 of 177,746

Planned obsolescence in action!

Kantai Collection!! I've been waiting for it for ages!

That's a nice theme! I'd totally use it if my computer wasn't in such a public place. I like anime and J-pop, while my sister likes K-pop and Korean dramas. You can see where the conflict lies!

Society... Deal With It™

Uoah, me likey!

Sometimes I wish I could just go full hikikomori-mode without people me getting mad at me....

QFT.

The Internationals 4 Playoffs start in less that 2 weeks. Held in KeyArena this time, way bigger... Hype!

So... You're going to be in Seattle in two weeks? 

Kept and stored for enjoyment..... later. The phones themselves are really sexy, magnet clasped faux leather custom fit case is just the cherry on top.

Nice! You should really take them out and listen to them though. And if you're coming to Seattle we can compare them to the H3s. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #111,522 of 177,746

So... You're going to be in Seattle in two weeks? 

Nice! You should really take them out and listen to them though. And if you're coming to Seattle we can compare them to the H3s. 
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately not as they decided to move it to July. Which is the busiest month for me. Previously, it's has always been in August.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #111,523 of 177,746

Planned obsolescence in action!

Kantai Collection!! I've been waiting for it for ages!

That's a nice theme! I'd totally use it if my computer wasn't in such a public place. I like anime and J-pop, while my sister likes K-pop and Korean dramas. You can see where the conflict lies!

Society... Deal With It™

I show my dedication to nekomimi with a phone strap.

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #111,525 of 177,746
bowei006 I don't have a problem with Inari in Sidonia identifying as a female.
Sure she's biologically a third biological gender in the story and it's also said that this gender can copulate with either male or female as necessary to ensure humanity's survival (on top of asexual reproduction), but that doesn't mean they can't identify as either of the gender. Sure it would be more interesting to have this third gender to have their own distinct sexual traits, but that seems to be more complexity than necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back