「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 26, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #111,496 of 177,745
My new iPhone wallpapers;
*snip*

Society... Deal With It™

Awesome. And yeah, society can suck it for all I care. Just spent the whole day wearing the Akiba Magazine T-Shirt around town(Black, but main motif is a huge pink Lolita in knee socks, absolute territory ftw) :D

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #111,498 of 177,745
They still have genders, that one character specifically said there is a "3rd gender" implying that there is male, female, and this "sequential hermaphrodite" group. So what you mention in your spoiler seems legit to me, unless I'm missing your point.

I was just hoping for MORE is all. I was hoping for a deeper and more ingrained usage of the theme that they set. Nothing they did wrong but a personal vendetta of mine. 

IDK, hoping for more out of a country famous for its misogynistic culture (one of the most notorious relative to Western culture) is too much of a stretch.

Ah gatcha. Nothing wrong with having hopes and get ranty because they chose to go down the "same 'ole road" instead of tread new ground.

What does Hajime-ssu have to do in this?
NVM

----------
**** AldNoah or however it's spelled. I'm still pissed off with Pukegantia, I'll be giving Mr. Urobuchi's new original my super skeptic eye. Same with PsychoPass 2. Season 1 notwithstanding, after that pukefest.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #111,500 of 177,745
The theme for this Ludum Dare is "Beneath The Surface".

That's an interesting theme. The obvious one that comes to my mind immediately was doing something with the underground. Then I thought of doing something skin-deep, humans or any other organism. Then my next thought is going eldritch and the insanity route. I mean there's nothing more "beneath the surface" than dealing with the Old Gods and insanity. Or maybe there's even more interesting ideas and my three ideas are extremely pedestrian and plebian.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #111,501 of 177,745
I loved that episode

That part was utterly awesome.

Too bad that if you support the Industry(TM) the official Western version boxset or whatever has gimped and cut away the Katyusha song and replaced with silly copyrightless (that's not a real word, and there's a better fitting term but I just can't remember what) Russian song that nukes the whole feeling of that scene and afterwards.

The French loves heavy dialogue. Have you read The Adventures of Tintin in French? Some dialogue bubbles take almost or more than half a frame, it's madness.

Love Tintin. There's a dedicated Tintin store in Singapore at Chinatown (not that anybody else knows about Singapore anyways). Love reading it when I was a kid, only obviously not in French. I don't find the dialogues to be tedious, even as a child.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #111,503 of 177,745
**** AldNoah or however it's spelled. I'm still pissed off with Pukegantia, I'll be giving Mr. Urobuchi's new original my super skeptic eye. Same with PsychoPass 2. Season 1 notwithstanding, after that pukefest.

Wasn't he only responsible for two Gargantia episodes? Those two episodes were alright.
But yeah, the trailer really did not get me hyped.

But guess what got me really hyped?

Amazing trailer!
11/10
Can't wait!

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #111,505 of 177,745
And that's even much of a problem, if what you're saying is true. Gen's name was used to super hype Gargantia. What would make it different than for aldnoah?

Uh... The fact that he would spearheading the whole project instead of 2 episodes with minimal room to do anything?

[rule]

The Internationals 4 Playoffs start in less that 2 weeks. Held in KeyArena this time, way bigger... Hype!

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #111,506 of 177,745
And that's even much of a problem, if what you're saying is true. Gen's name was used to super hype Gargantia. What would make it different than for aldnoah?

Because he is the original creator for Aldnoah Zero and not just a part of its PR campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back