「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 25, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #111,466 of 177,745
  Happy birthday Michelle!

It was my birthday yesterday on the 24th, my power supply finally decided to call it quits that night as well, and unfortunately, it was a public holiday on the 25th so the computer shops are going to be closed for the long weekend.

The PSU was a 7 year old silverstone, I guess mining for a year finally destroyed it, it wasn't a spectacular failure by any means, it just didn't power on anymore. I think I'll upgrade to a Seasonic platinum 860...

So here I am listening to tunes with the Apple EarPods on a Macbook Air (which is nearly as good the Stax rig), sipping a dram from a $230 bottle of scotch (which is nearly as good as a standard $80 bottle).

Eh, could be worse...
tongue.gif

What. Happy late birthday deadly :D

So fun to play with magnets... just wish I could set some up to have some floating ):

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #111,469 of 177,745
  Sigh~ Another piece of the jacket just fell off my macbook charger's cable.....
I really have to praise apple for being able source plastic for their cables that will self-disintegrate in a few years.
I've never seen cables this bad in my life.... ever... the bits that fell off are like eraser rubbings.

I'd take the UE's cables that turns green in a few months over this crud any day.
At least that doesn't expose any of the wiring inside.

Planned obsolescence in action!

@Soup kun

Summer 2014 chart is out.

Guess which anime is on the top line! :D

Gonna watch or demo:
  • Psycho Pass
  • Futsuu no Joshi
  • Himegoto. (genderbender lol)
  • Sailor Moon
  • SAO 2
  • Aldnoah Zero (yesh! Gen and robo :D )
  • Glassslip
  • Jinsei cuz cute 
  • Gekkan Shoujou Nozaki kun
  • Seirei Tsukai
  • Zankyou no Terror
  • Shirogane no ishi argevollen 
  • Yokyou Ghoul
  • Grisai no Kajitsu (adult VN? sign me up)
  • Kan Colle (GARUPAN!!????? please be as good as garupan)
  • Rokujyouma no Shinrakusha
  • Ao haru Ride
  • Tokyo ESP

Wow, summer season is kinda strong in lots of anime with decent potential.

On Rail Wars anime.

A world where Japan didn't nationalize their railway system and in a war against a fight against a group that wants to nationalize the railways? I think they named the private railway group wrong. In a world where Japan didn't natioanlize their railway systems. I'm sure it would be called 'Amtrak' or 'United Railways" or "Puppet Ways"

Kantai Collection!! I've been waiting for it for ages!

Hmm, I just had a go at making my first Chrome theme... Notbad.jpg

I used some online editor thing, but I have since downloaded the code and I plan to revise it a bit once I can figure out to compile the json file and images together.
I really wanna get rid of the gradients, but it almost seems like something that Chrome does automatically, so I'm not sure if I can disable it or not.

That's a nice theme! I'd totally use it if my computer wasn't in such a public place. I like anime and J-pop, while my sister likes K-pop and Korean dramas. You can see where the conflict lies!

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #111,474 of 177,745
  http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-25/futari-h-gets-new-ova-this-fall

This is just awesome news!

Sudden realization: "Ecchi" is the romanization of the English letter "H", and we all know what that stands for.

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #111,475 of 177,745
  http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-25/futari-h-gets-new-ova-this-fall

This is just awesome news!

I totally read that as "Funinari H" and thought why in the world is it so special that there's a new futa H coming out???

Hmm, I just had a go at making my first Chrome theme... Notbad.jpg

I used some online editor thing, but I have since downloaded the code and I plan to revise it a bit once I can figure out to compile the json file and images together.
I really wanna get rid of the gradients, but it almost seems like something that Chrome does automatically, so I'm not sure if I can disable it or not.

That's a nice theme! I'd totally use it if my computer wasn't in such a public place. I like anime and J-pop, while my sister likes K-pop and Korean dramas. You can see where the conflict lies!

Thanks! Hopefully I can figure out how to edit the gradients and make it look even better!

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #111,478 of 177,745
  I totally read that as "Funinari H" and thought why in the world is it so special that there's a new futa H coming out???

Don't you mean futanari?

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #111,479 of 177,745
Apr 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #111,480 of 177,745

Honestly, I don't really know.

Maybe it was karma? Because I remember around 3 years ago, at a friend's birthday party (small one), I went to her house and noticed a pile of Yaoi/BL mangas on the couch, didn't gave much thought and left it until a few hours later I decided to check them out out of curiosity and I kinda laughed at the H-scenes and said to her that it was ridiculous but I kept reading just to make her more embarrassed.
After that I decided to stay at her house for the night and when I fell asleep, she took one of her BL manga, a piece of paper with I (heart) Yaoi written on it, put it on my chest and took a picture with my ex-GF's phone.
Cool story bro!

Well anyway, there are various reasons that got me into BL, one is that story above, the other is that I don't really like Yuri, another one is that some character designs and art in the BL genre are just staggeringly beautiful (e.g: DRAMAtical Murder) and so on.

I can't really tell you exactly how and why I got into BL. It just sort of happened, I was curious, checked it out and now I like it.

BUT I'M NO FUJOSHI! 
mad.gif

I'm not particularly interested in BL, but some of the best manga I've read are BL or at least contain hints of BL:
Heart of Thomas
From Eroica With Love
Emperor of the Land of the Rising Sun
Patalliro!
Banana Fish (if this was release today it would have been in a seinen magazine, not a shoujo)
Ooku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back