「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 4, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #106,621 of 177,744

Is there any practical use with 3 monitors other than to show off?

First 5 Google Image search results for "triple monitor."

6a0120a85dcdae970b0128777029f0970c-pi

desktopphoto.jpg

Yes. If my desk had room for three monitors I'd totally use three.

Ey, HD580s and Portapros!

Mar 4, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #106,622 of 177,744

Mar 4, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #106,623 of 177,744

question for you guys on computers:
what fans do you use? 

Many Noctua.
Such quiet.
Much expensive.

I needed fans and they were the only decent ones available in a retail computer shop, I'm sure there are heaps better performing/value fans out there, but I'm not going to cry over a few decibels or degrees.

I am only using 6 of those brown stuff.

Mar 4, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #106,625 of 177,744
Huh. 50 MP camera phone? Still lame quality probably, just like 4k video from phones.

The only one who profits from these 50mp is their marketing department.
Seriously.

Many Noctua.
Such quiet.
Much expensive.

I also have one. Totally worth the price ♥

I like the food shots more! Because food. I like food. I spend way too much money on good food.
But can you really spend too much on good food? Hmmmm....

Mar 4, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #106,626 of 177,744
For all of you who always wanted official North Korean wallpapers:
http://kotaku.com/get-your-official-north-korean-desktop-wallpaper-1535864004

Mar 4, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #106,627 of 177,744
Mobile phone need better lense for their cameras, the Z1 sensor is not bad, but the crappy lense and software let's it down. Stop the MP war, up the sensor size and better lense, that will be much better.

Mar 4, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #106,628 of 177,744
Mobile phone need better lense for their cameras, the Z1 sensor is not bad, but the crappy lense and software let's it down. Stop the MP war, up the sensor size and better lense, that will be much better.

Jup, cramming this many pixel on such a small sensor is just stupid.
The dynamic rang is going to schiit itself and you get a metric fuggton of noise in low-light shots.

Mar 4, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #106,629 of 177,744
Is anyone keeping up Hunter X Hunter or Magi? Both series are getting really good!

I'm following HxH, I really enjoyed the last couple minutes of the latest episode. I also enjoyed bleach but didn't like the last bit before it ended. I have this guy tho:

Getting good again or finally getting good after a bazillion episodes? :D

Lol

Huh. 50 MP camera phone? Still lame quality probably, just like 4k video from phones.

[video]http://youtu.be/D0mCG1BeZCo?t=4m56s[/video]

I love watching his vids! I wonder if he would do good making a gaming channel like lvlCap?

I'm getting ready to leave for LA. It's going to be a long cold drive so hopping the JH Audio stuff is really good. I returned that suit cuz of fitting issues but man do I wish I had it right about now. At least I'll save gas!... :smiley:

While I freeze to death...:persevere:

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #106,631 of 177,744
The problem with the sensor and lens in a smartphone is that its performance is held back by its physical size. Yeah, thanks captain obvious I know.
But seriously, the only way to improve them is to make them bigger and a bigger sensor means you need a bigger lens to compensate for its size. Hardly ideal for a smartphone where thinness is key so manufactures keeps increasing those megapixels to increase detail and sharpness but yeah, it does take a toll on lots of other things.

The HTC One camera was a very nice idea but sadly quite poorly implemented. It was amazing in low light scenes but it was subpar in day shots where lack of sharpness and detail resolution were the main concerns.
Probably the only phone maker who does camera phones right is Nokia with its Zeiss optics.

I can understand why Oppo wants to make the Find 7 ridiculous in terms of specs because they want to be taken seriously in the phone world but does 50 megapixels makes sense in a phone camera? No, not at all but lets see what's what when it will be finally revealed on the 19th of March.

But then if you are passionate about photography and if you want a good camera on a phone, why not just ditch the phone and get a micro four thirds camera? Or even better, get a DSLR. Who gives a crap if it can upload to facebook in 2 seconds. I SHOOT RAW!

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #106,633 of 177,744

Really, the only company that did was Nokia. Now, not sure if that legacy would be continued, since Nokia is basically dead and integrating into the Microsoft hegemony. Maybe Apple coul- pffffffffffffffft.

And here I I thought Sony would've at least be the next best thing for smartphone camera innovation, but apparently not so much. RIP Nokia.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #106,634 of 177,744
Really, the only company that did was Nokia. Now, not sure if that legacy would be continued, since Nokia is basically dead and integrating into the Microsoft hegemony. Maybe Apple coul- pffffffffffffffft.

And here I I thought Sony would've at least be the next best thing for smartphone camera innovation, but apparently not so much. RIP Nokia.

Uhm...
http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/24/nokia-x-hands-on/
Yes, it's a heavily locked down and reskinned version of Android but it still runs on Android.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back