「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 3, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #106,576 of 177,744
Well I just read the past 10 pages I missed because I'm bored today :p

@Miceblue: I loved the food in japan. A lot of soups and noodles as expected, only had sushi once while there because I just kept going to eateries as I walked by them, and I guess I didn't walk by enough sushi places even though I adore the stuff. Best meal was Tsukemen in a little place in Himeji. You probably would have liked me to post some pics, but I'm not a foodie so I don't tend to take photos of my food :wink: I have one I think, I'll post it in here when I get home, maybe you can tell me what it was because I have no idea. I couldn't read the menus so I pointed at random things. I found that a fun way to eat since I'm not that picky!

@Panda: Your love of Putin is now in Bromance territory I would think.

@TYG: If you liked the newest Space Dandy for the art/atmosphere, you might want to look into Kaiba. It was a whole series with that trippy 70's looking artwork, if you stay with it the story is actually pretty interesting and makes you think about what makes up your "self".

@TYG 2.0: Witch Craft Works IS generic in that it's a moe school life anime.... that being said I have enjoyed it quite a bit as well, the characters are pretty fun, especially the Tower Witch "clique", they crack me up.

@Panda 2.0: Surprised D-Frag was that low on your ordered list. I think that show is pretty funny, but if you aren't completely sold on that brand of humor then I guess I understand.

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #106,577 of 177,744
@TYG: If you liked the newest Space Dandy for the art/atmosphere, you might want to look into Kaiba. It was a whole series with that trippy 70's looking artwork, if you stay with it the story is actually pretty interesting and makes you think about what makes up you "self".

@TYG 2.0: Witch Craft Works IS generic in that it's a moe school life anime.... that being said I have enjoyed it quite a bit as well, the characters are pretty fun, especially the Tower Witch "clique", they crack me up.

Oh wow this Kaiba anime looks like an old Walt Disney cartoon :D
Interesting!

I'm super not sure if it's worth my time...

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #106,578 of 177,744

Anyone ever use the LME49990 op amp in their set up?

How does it compare with the LME49860's? I find that the LME49860's do treble detail, clarity, and overall resolution extremely well, but sound somewhat claustrophobic in terms of sound staging. 

The closest I have would be the LME 49600 in the E12

*cringe* E12...I need to write a review for that eventually too. I hope my body can take it. I'll probably write about it after my C5D and STAX reviews since the damage from the X5 review is done. >.>

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KPT5657XD0[/video]

@Miceblue: I loved the food in japan. A lot of soups and noodles as expected, only had sushi once while there because I just kept going to eateries as I walked by them, and I guess I didn't walk by enough sushi places even though I adore the stuff. Best meal was Tsukemen in a little place in Himeji. You probably would have liked me to post some pics, but I'm not a foodie so I don't tend to take photos of my food :wink: I have one I think, I'll post it in here when I get home, maybe you can tell me what it was because I have no idea. I couldn't read the menus so I pointed at random things. I found that a fun way to eat since I'm not that picky!

Ah cool cool. I'd like to try some authentic Japanese food some day, and uni sushi. And yup, ordering random things that you don't know about is pretty fun!

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #106,579 of 177,744

@Miceblue: I loved the food in japan. A lot of soups and noodles as expected, only had sushi once while there because I just kept going to eateries as I walked by them, and I guess I didn't walk by enough sushi places even though I adore the stuff. Best meal was Tsukemen in a little place in Himeji. You probably would have liked me to post some pics, but I'm not a foodie so I don't tend to take photos of my food
wink.gif
I have one I think, I'll post it in here when I get home, maybe you can tell me what it was because I have no idea. I couldn't read the menus so I pointed at random things. I found that a fun way to eat since I'm not that picky!

@Panda: Your love of Putin is now in Bromance territory I would think.

@TYG: If you liked the newest Space Dandy for the art/atmosphere, you might want to look into Kaiba. It was a whole series with that trippy 70's looking artwork, if you stay with it the story is actually pretty interesting and makes you think about what makes up you "self".

@Panda 2.0: Surprised D-Frag was that low on your ordered list. I think that show is pretty funny, but if you aren't completely sold on that brand of humor then I guess I understand.

BROOOOMANNNCEEE

Yeah, Dfrag is nice and all, and funny at times. 

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #106,580 of 177,744
Is anyone keeping up Hunter X Hunter or Magi? Both series are getting really good!

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #106,581 of 177,744
Is anyone keeping up Hunter X Hunter or Magi? Both series are getting really good!

Getting good again or finally getting good after a bazillion episodes? :D

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #106,582 of 177,744

Those quintessential shonen anime are pretty much the only genre I don't really watch, so I do not follow H x H ( I tried to watch 3 or 4 episodes though, I want to be a good sport!).

I do watch Magi though, it's finally picking up some steam. I do think that series has suffered from -too-many-characters-itis, however. Just when you think the 100 or so characters they've introduced were enough.... they add like 10 more lol. I was getting tired of Aladin in this recent arc too, would have preferred they spent the time on Alibaba or Morgiana instead.

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #106,584 of 177,744
  LOL teke got banned again? His going to get perma banned if he keeps getting warned and temporarily banned for abusing threads.

Btw supposedly GTA 5 is coming to PC this month.

He got permabanned afaik....whatever tickles his fancy!

Source?
Not that I really care because I got a PS3 plus GTA5 on Saturday :p

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #106,585 of 177,744
  Finally got the :before and :after attributes working in css for my MAL list.
I think it looks cool now!
http://www.myanimelist.net/animelist/chasenuva1

Nice!!

Is Witch Craft Works really that good?
I watched the first episode and the story seemed to be pretty generic. The only thing that was kind of interesting were the characters.

Pretty good IMO.

the assets are part of the fun.

I'm awed every single time she appears on screen. May be why I like it so

I don't get all of it, but the languages I do have a bit of experience in make this really funny 
tongue.gif

LOL... but I only get the ASM, C, Unix and LaTeX one.
I'm gonna guess every word in C++ is an object? but then the same would apply to Java...

Are there any subbed versions of Kara no Kyoukai Mirai Fukuin on Nyaa?

I see them on streaming sites but no 1080p subs yet on Nyaa.

By now I'm prepared to book a whole lecture theater in school and install my own 5.1 surround sound system in it to watch this movie.
I tried watching it raw on my laptop but gave up after a few minutes, it just wont do this movie justice.

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #106,586 of 177,744
  He got permabanned afaik....whatever tickles his fancy!

Source?
Not that I really care because I got a PS3 plus GTA5 on Saturday :p

Boo to him lol.

There is a few on google but I just googled it again and sources from Germany (damn Germans :) ) say that it's around June now. 

Eww PS3. 

Nice!!

Pretty good IMO.

LOL... but I only get the ASM, C, Unix and LaTeX one.
I'm gonna guess every word in C++ is an object? but then the same would apply to Java...

lol the Unix shell is a good one. Speaking of which I'm writing a 20000 word thesis on Unix and security atm. 

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #106,587 of 177,744
  There is a few on google but I just googled it again and sources from Germany (damn Germans :) ) say that it's around June now. 

Eww PS3. 

wink_face.gif

Wut?
XBAX master race?

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #106,588 of 177,744
Getting good again or finally getting good after a bazillion episodes? :D

Well as far as HxH is concerned, it's getting better because now fights are starting. Magi is starting to ramp up.

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #106,589 of 177,744

Those quintessential shonen anime are pretty much the only genre I don't really watch, so I do not follow H x H ( I tried to watch 3 or 4 episodes though, I want to be a good sport!).

I do watch Magi though, it's finally picking up some steam. I do think that series has suffered from -too-many-characters-itis, however. Just when you think the 100 or so characters they've introduced were enough.... they add like 10 more lol. I was getting tired of Aladin in this recent arc too, would have preferred they spent the time on Alibaba or Morgiana instead.

I didn't realize HxH was from Shonen. Lol i agree about Magi it reminds me of House of Cards given the huge amount of characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back