「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 14, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #101,476 of 177,747
  Oh it's almost eight years old!
Really calm, slow-paced and unlike everything I've ever seen before.
It's also by far the most informative anime I know xD
You learn so much stuff about all kinds of drinks, liqours, spirits etc.
I'm an anti-alcoholic and totally do enjoy all this trivia :)

That's nice to know :0
 Time to wait for friday/sunday for releases. Yayyyy.

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #101,478 of 177,747
What do bikers do when it rains or is cold? I know it'd be safest to just stay inside assuming you only had a motorcycle. I'd imagine that rain gear being quite hefty. 

Hello. My name is Bo-wei. It means "panda-man" in English. 

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #101,480 of 177,747
What do bikers do when it rains or is cold? I know it'd be safest to just stay inside assuming you only had a motorcycle. I'd imagine that rain gear being quite hefty. 

Emergency rain gear goes over your normal gear, like a very light poly windbreaker. You can use a trash-bag style poncho too!

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #101,482 of 177,747
Rewatched both season of Code Geass, in a go. I thought the S1 was better when I first watched it, but watching it end to end, it is painful how rushed is season 2.

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #101,488 of 177,747
  Wut. 
Oh I see... how long/far do you ride?

Well my bike is a "naked" bike so it has no windshield and that wears you out. I rode it on a 1400 mile trip once. Usually do 100-200 mile weekend excursions. I go to track days too, those are fun but pricy.

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #101,489 of 177,747

Well my bike is a "naked" bike so it has no windshield and that wears you out. I rode it on a 1400 mile trip once. Usually do 100-200 mile weekend excursions. I go to track days too, those are fun but pricy.

Deary me. That's a lot 
eek.gif

Tilpo Style Multi-post

Congrats TYG!

40... weak sauce.

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #101,490 of 177,747

Hello. My name is Bo-wei. It means "panda-man" in English. 

Depends. I'm an off road biker. When its cold... I probably wasn't out anyway, but if it starts getting cold, I start booking it home. I also keep my engine and biked revved up. It isn't a street bike so its not made for endurance and 24/7 weather conditions. I need to keep the engine revved up, warm and hot on cold days and try not to stop or stall.

If it's raining, I guess it depends how bad. I'm usually on dirt trails when it starts to rain so I probably play around a bit before it gets bad. Slightly mushy dirt is so so fun. But of course, I gotta be careful. I'm going down rocky hills on wet dirt and high speeds, so I excercise caution before anything. Once it starts getting a bit worse, I think about my situation. Typically, I used to be out on 'home' traits that my gang and I had a hide-out at and what not. We would just go there and stay for a while if our phones show the rain to be temporary. Or if not, we would just ride back home. Street bikes and off road bikes have different dangers when its raining a lot. For us, we have to start going a lot slower and try not to accelerate suddenly. Our bikes are performance racing models(the ones my friends and I rode). Quick throttle twists are meant to send a great amount of torque and back-end through our bikes. Obviously, you have to be really careful not to do that while handling the 'heat' and condition of your 2-stroke engine in mind. You can't let it get too low in RPM (spark plug starts getting oily, and you have a high chance of stalling with 2 strokes) but if you rev it too much, you have a chance of killing yourself. So its a lot of skill of using the clutch, and throttle alternatingly to rev up the engine while keeping a moderate and very safe 'pace' and directional head(don't do quick turns with the handlebars)

It's just schiit like that. Our bikes can be a bit more unsafe depending on how much rain is faling due to their designs(if you are riding on a competetive sport 2 stroke)

Tire types also made a big deal, our dirt bikes have knobbly tires made for dirt and off road conditions. The safety depends on weather conditions and what road surface you are on in terms of how 'safe' it would be.

Overall, for us, it was very chill, we hung out all day, rode back home at night, and just spent the entire day riding without a care. Our bikes were our baby's, we took care of them as one of the highest priorities when stuff went bad. If you knew your bike and machine, and had a good sense and handle on the mecahnics of it during bad weather and made good calls of what to do. You had a good chance of no incident.

Rewatched both season of Code Geass, in a go. I thought the S1 was better when I first watched it, but watching it end to end, it is painful how rushed is season 2.

Season 2 does have some rushing but I wouldn't call it painful. I rather saw it as the story accelerating and going through a schiit ton of events. I saw the execution, although fast, to still be quite brilliant.

I have seen both seasons over 13 times.

Panda... your avatar may be Yui lol..... naybe wrong last time...

Lol, I still don't know her name :D
  Deary me. That's a lot 
eek.gif

40... weak sauce.

I used to pull100+ a day lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back