「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #92,492 of 177,747

Tilpo is so fat.

lol wut? random comment....

[rule]ok.... one simply does not solder with a flat-head screwdriver!

Hahahaha, nice!
It must be pretty convenient to have a flathead screwdriver turn into a deadly pocketable weapon soldering iron.

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #92,493 of 177,747
Hahahaha, nice!
It must be pretty convenient to have a flathead screwdriver turn into a deadly pocketable weapon soldering iron.

that would hurt though...
  lol wut? random comment....

ok.... one simply does not solder with a flat-head screwdriver!

In anime, anything's possible 
wink_face.gif

mad.gif

Who are you calling fat?

you 
tongue.gif

That food looks delicious. 

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #92,495 of 177,747
A while ago jgray and graphidz received a measurement kit from BMF to measure their modded T50rps.
Just a mic preamp and a WM-61A capsule mic on a foam plug, you stuff the mic in your ear, put the phones on and hit play.
As you may know though, FR measurements on one kit are never comparable to those on another, and seeing as graphidz owned nothing but the T50rp and an AD700, saying he gets to compare phones he own doesn't helped much.

Then I got an idea: the AD700 were also measured by headroom.  What if graphidz measured the AD700 on his head before measuring the T50rp?  The differences between the measurements of the AD700 on his head and those on headroom's dummy head and mic can be accounted for and cancelled out, and then any difference between the modded T50rp and the AD700 can be plotted in the space of Headroom's compensated measurements, producing FR graphs that theoretically resemble what they would look like if measured on Headroom's rig.

So without further ado, here are the compensated measurements made:

Pretty neat, huh?  (due to technical limitations the compensation is correct only up to 9-10kHz.  The lines from 10k to 20k just make pretty scribbles 
tongue.gif
)

Now if only I knew what was meant by adding plasticine... yup, I helped them calculate the FR graphs for two headphone mods and I don't even know what the mods were about!
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 13, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #92,497 of 177,747
I'm not a fan of sausage, brautwerst or saurkraut personally as well.

Brautwerst? Really? Can you even spell? And how is sauerkraut even related to sausage (OK, they may be eaten together often). Plus, you probably haven't even tasted Dutch sauerkraut, so shut your bear mouth. Dutch sauerkraut with smoked sausage is the best winter dish. Period.

I used to dislike sauerkraut, but now I can at least tolerate it on a few specific dishes.
Dutch food sounds pretty darn good...

Watched Monogatari SS, Little Busters Refrain, Golden Time and IS 2 tonight! This season is awesome!

Idk why, but I like Golden Time more and more after each episode. There's supposed to be supernatural stuff happening too. Also looking forward to more NouKome madness. :tongue_smile:

Yeah, I dunno. I thought both episodes were pretty good, but it hasn't ramped up to epic levels quite yet. :p

Tom, I almost ate the food of your people right now, but instead I opted for teriyaki chicken, some sort of bun thing with Chinese sausage, and some weird but good beef. :3

I would have gone for the asian stuff too :D

Way more interesting.

But I sure like me some Bratwurst mit Sauerkraut from time to time :wink:

Sorry, I meant I almost had Tom Yung Goon lol

Mmm I like brautwursts :3

What's so different about dutch Sauerkraut?

The stuff is yellow instead of grey and we mix in mashed potatoes.

What? Is that even considered sauerkraut anymore? O.o
I'm assuming it tastes a bit less sour as well?

@otorimonogatari pt.4

Holy schiiiitttt!!!! Nadeko turned yandere!

LOL yup! I'm digging it!
I just hope they don't end the series after this arc...

Did I just see food?

Anyway what is a ashikabi?

I think it's explained in sekirei pretty well :p
Not sure if it was the right definition, but I seem to remember it being something akin to pimp XD

Nobody ever mentioned this anime here, so I assume that you are all watching it secretly.

I have to admit that I don't dislike female secondary sexual characteristics, but this is too much.

Yeah, that's a bit much... >_>

Still on board?

HELL YEAH!!!

DAMN NOW I"M SO HYPED UP FOR THIS!!!!

LOLI + INCEST??

MOST ANTICIPATED SHOW OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!

Lmao!

The whole incest thing does not make it automatically better but adds another disturbing aspect.

Consider me (still) hyped :wink:

Sadly I do not get the reference ^o^

SAY WHAT?!?!? INCEST IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL KIND LOVE CONCEIVABLE!!!
TIS' BLASPHEMY!! (pun not intended :p )

oh that one wasn't for you, I was expecting mechy to pick up from there. :wink:

LOL I get it! :D
That's the whole reason I'm watching. Screw the incest! Wait...

[rule]ok.... one simply does not solder with a flat-head screwdriver!

You mean a hot metal shaft like Deadly has? Or a tasty shaft like one of Chase's eroge? :p

A while ago jgray and graphidz received a measurement kit from BMF to measure their modded T50rps.
Just a mic preamp and a WM-61A capsule mic on a foam plug, you stuff the mic in your ear, put the phones on and hit play.
As you may know though, FR measurements on one kit are never comparable to those on another, and seeing as graphidz owned nothing but the T50rp and an AD700, saying he gets to compare phones he own doesn't helped much.

Then I got an idea: the AD700 were also measured by headroom.  What if graphidz measured the AD700 on his head before measuring the T50rp?  The differences between the measurements of the AD700 on his head and those on headroom's dummy head and mic can be accounted for and cancelled out, and then any difference between the modded T50rp and the AD700 can be plotted in the space of Headroom's compensated measurements, producing FR graphs that theoretically resemble what they would look like if measured on Headroom's rig.

So without further ado, here are the compensated measurements made:

Pretty neat, huh?  (due to technical limitations the compensation is correct only up to 9-10kHz.  The lines from 10k to 20k just make pretty scribbles :p )

Are those measurements for his T50RP?

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #92,498 of 177,747
@mechgamer123: Yup! For his T50rp

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #92,499 of 177,747

It is. Now come to the Netherlands and you can enjoy some too.

I used to dislike sauerkraut, but now I can at least tolerate it on a few specific dishes.

Dutch food isn't really a thing. We have some confectioneries, fried foods and stews which are only found in the Netherlands, but not a lot at all. Most of the food we eat is either from foreign origin or food eaten in multiple other countries.

The sauerkraut we eat is indeed less sour, but still quite sour. That's why we add mashed potatoes and smoked sausage to make the sour taste not so noticeable.

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #92,500 of 177,747
Oh look, a dip at 5kHz!
Pretty common decision when it comes to tuning.
No idea why, though.
(Earsonics went a bit overboard with it on my SM64....nothing a bit of EQing can't come by)

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #92,501 of 177,747
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685261/hd800-story-telling-time-warning-prepare-thyself-not-for-the-faint-of-heart-feedback-appreciated-part1-so-far

Recommended read. On the same level as that story where a guy found that red ants made a living in his SR009.

Sounds like a Creepy Pasta story!

It is. Now come to the Netherlands and you can enjoy some too.

Dutch food isn't really a thing. We have some confectioneries, fried foods and stews which are only found in the Netherlands, but not a lot at all. Most of the food we eat is either from foreign origin or food eaten in multiple other countries.

The sauerkraut we eat is indeed less sour, but still quite sour. That's why we add mashed potatoes and smoked sausage to make the sour taste not so noticeable.

Sauerkraut is delicious!

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #92,503 of 177,747
@mechgamer123: Yup! For his T50rp

Hmm, that's cool.
It needs moar bass though!

It's mostly a European smorgasbord with a couple unique twists, right?
Cool. Hopefully someday I can try it out. You know, when I make my next trip to the Netherlands :wink:

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #92,504 of 177,747
I just saw the pupa anime trailer and myanime list thing. I thought it was just only loli and incest.

Now that I saw the vid and description.

I AM SO FRICKING HYPED FOR IT!

Hey mechy! Come join me!  This is like saya no uta in anime form!

I KNOW! THAT'S WHY I'M HYPED FOR IT TOO!!!

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #92,505 of 177,747
Sauerkraut is delicious!

And Kimchi is its vietnamese equivalent :3
A store here in Lübeck is selling Kimchi To Go....not something you see everyday.

Today I went outside to take some photos, without realizing that my focus settings were all weird.
I trashed 90% of said shots.
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back