「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #91,651 of 177,745

Haha, good thing I wear contacts!
We weren't really making fun of you for having too much homework or anything...
rolleyes.gif

Heh, hopefully. If I can get ahead in maths this weekend that would be immensely helpful too.

Use my handy dandy text based cell phone flowchart:

Are you happy with your current phone?
If yes, then don't upgrade.
If no, then buy a new one.

It's not that hard people, there is no perfect cell phone on this planet, it's just a matter of which one works best for you. When y'all say that phones don't "excite" you or whatever BS, it's just that there isn't a perfect cell phone out there. You just have to deal with it.
You can always buy one and return it if you don't like it or don't see it as much of an upgrade from the previous device.
Then just sell it and upgrade the damn thing again when you want.
If I were an iPhool, I probably wouldn't upgrade. Not to an iPhone at least.

Like it or not, the race now is to deliver the slimmest, best looking phone on the market. SD cards and removable batteries be damned. Much like Ultrabooks. Consumers like us who like to upgrade or fix our stuff may not like the trend, but we're just going to have to learn to deal with it.
So quit bickering and just buy something already. 

I'm not buying a phone. I could care less. I'm buying happiness and I know it which is why I am so hesitant. I don't really do much with my 4S. Pictures every now and then, video for youtube, email, and browsing. Nothing much. It's speed so far is still fine.

So yeah, I think I'm gonna wait for next year. No phone interests me in any way at all. 

I watched the OP and it looked pretty lame. Not to mention the main female love interest looks exactly like Taiga except older...
Good for Adam, meh for the rest of us.

looks like Taiga? I'm hooked!

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #91,653 of 177,745
  I see Bowow. 

I love this season. So many LN adaptations and whatnot. But then again there's school. The fun life 
duggehsmile.png

/....yep, a lot of school -_-

but I have noticed I am managing my time a lot better than I was before and am actually quite productive nowadays. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #91,655 of 177,745
  I'm not buying a phone. I could care less. I'm buying happiness and I know it which is why I am so hesitant. I don't really do much with my 4S. Pictures every now and then, video for youtube, email, and browsing. Nothing much. It's speed so far is still fine.

So yeah, I think I'm gonna wait for next year. No phone interests me in any way at all. 

I watched the OP and it looked pretty lame. Not to mention the main female love interest looks exactly like Taiga except older...
Good for Adam, meh for the rest of us.

looks like Taiga? I'm hooked!

There ya go. No need to upgrade just to be hip or something stupid like that.

Me on the other hand, I don't regret upgrading to my N4 one bit. The Galaxy Nexus was really starting to piss me off.

Hahaha.

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #91,656 of 177,745

My brother gave me his iPhone 5 since he upgraded to the Note 3 (which is silly huge in person =P), I was using an iPhone 4 previously so it's quite the upgrade.

I think the iPhone 5 is fast enough for me that I'll never have to upgrade again until I break it, but I don't think I've ever dropped a phone in my life, so I hope it lasts at least another 3 or 4 years. And by that time, the latest iPhone would be 8 times faster than what I've got. 
eek.gif

God damn phones are really fast these days, it's mind boggling.

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #91,657 of 177,745
  The college life

Are you in Univ
?

Me on the other hand, I don't regret upgrading to my N4 one bit. The Galaxy Nexus was really starting to piss me off.

Hahaha.

So far, I'm gonna wait a bit 

I'm gonna be watching Apple, Samsung, and Google for my next phone. Nokia is a potential runner up but I doubt I'd ever switch to them ever unless something unbelievably radical was shown off with awesome UI, intergration and every god dayum thing imagineable and possible.

Apple and Google are the current top choices. The new Samsung isn't exactly appealing to me. N5 is peaking my panda interests

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #91,658 of 177,745
Subbed to this thread xD
This n.e.e.t here needs something to read while looking for a job =3=

Who knew so many headfiers watch anime..

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #91,659 of 177,745

My brother gave me his iPhone 5 since he upgraded to the Note 3 (which is silly huge in person =P), I was using an iPhone 4 previously so it's quite the upgrade.

I think the iPhone 5 is fast enough for me that I'll never have to upgrade again until I break it, but I don't think I've ever dropped a phone in my life, so I hope it lasts at least another 3 or 4 years. And by that time, the latest iPhone would be 8 times faster than what I've got. 
eek.gif

Heh, nice. If the Note 3 wasn't like $800, I would have one already. It might just be the perfect fit for my hands.
Yeah, I could see that. The 4 and back are really starting to show their age pretty badly. 4S should be good to go for a while though.
As long as Apple doesn't come out with something innovative in the next 5 years, you probably won't have to upgrade soon at all...
Hah, Apple innovating... Hah... Hah. Oh I crack myself up sometimes...

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #91,661 of 177,745

Hahaha.

So far, I'm gonna wait a bit 

I'm gonna be watching Apple, Samsung, and Google for my next phone. Nokia is a potential runner up but I doubt I'd ever switch to them ever unless something unbelievably radical was shown off with awesome UI, intergration and every god dayum thing imagineable and possible.

Apple and Google are the current top choices. The new Samsung isn't exactly appealing to me. N5 is peaking my panda interests

Nexus 5 will probably be the most glorious device to hit the streets in the next 12 months. #Hype #Speculation
New Samsung? You mean the really old 6 month old one?

The scary thing for me is since TI left the mobile CPU game, it seems we haven't seen a drastically new CPU on the android front in the last year and a half, just bumping up the clock a bit. Qualcomm could literally stop innovating the CPU market and still dominate it, probably. Plus, it would take Apple about 4 years to catch up speed wise.

Subbed to this thread xD
This n.e.e.t here needs something to read while looking for a job =3=

Who knew so many headfiers watch anime..

Hope you didn't sub to email notifications, we fly at light speed here in this thread.
Also, in response to your comment about my E07k review, I'll repost it here since I think it's a good thing to debate here:
 Trust me, the differences in amps are very negligible. That was after doing a few hours of swapping back and forth to hear a very tiny tiny difference.
The money is better spent on headphones than amps and cables and all that snake oil. If I didn't have a custom engraved ultra limited edition amp, I would probably just buy this to drive all my headphones. It doesn't have 1.21 jigawatts but that doesn't really matter since MORE POWAH doesn't really make a difference to my ears, at least at the low volume levels I listen at...

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #91,662 of 177,745

eek.gif

NOTE THAT THESE COMPARISONS ARE NOT ACCURATE:
The new iPhone 5S in synthetic benchmarks testing using Geekbench which is a desktop and mobile benchmark suite showed that the 5S is faster than many Macbooks in operation right now

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/4
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2424668,00.asp
http://gizmodo.com/iphone-a7-chip-benchmarks-forget-the-specs-it-blows-e-1350717023
http://daringfireball.net/2013/09/the_iphone_5s_and_5c

Anandtech, one of PC's highest valued sites with actual computer engineers analyzing all of computer tech praises the iPhone 5S and calls it amazing more or less. If you were to read the article and look at benchmarks, you would note that from an engineering standpoint. It is amazing. From my consumer standpoint.. I see nothing but me buying happiness.

However what was also noted was that geekbench themselves don't cite the 5S beating many laptops as a good source as its not directly comparable in any case.

Another interesting article brought up would be this one
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7384/state-of-cheating-in-android-benchmarks

Apple and Motorolla/Google are so far the ONLY two companies that do not cheat in benchmarks. Every other one auto detects benchmark suites and overclocks or allows full utilization of resources as a way to cheat.

But this doesn't matter from any standpoint as these tests are not directly comparable and only generally comparable. The other companies using these gimicky tricks are not in the wrong actually. It's consumers and enthusiast consumers careing so much about these tests that makes them do it

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #91,663 of 177,745
  Nexus 5 will probably be the most glorious device to hit the streets in the next 12 months. #Hype #Speculation
New Samsung? You mean the really old 6 month old one?

The scary thing for me is since TI left the mobile CPU game, it seems we haven't seen a drastically new CPU on the android front in the last year and a half, just bumping up the clock a bit. Qualcomm could literally stop innovating the CPU market and still dominate it, probably. Plus, it would take Apple about 4 years to catch up speed wise.

Hope you didn't sub to email notifications, we fly at light speed here in this thread.
Also, in response to your comment about my E07k review, I'll repost it here since I think it's a good thing to debate here:

Still the 'newest' Samsung.

Speed wise in what? Apple dominates the mobility speed market right now.

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #91,664 of 177,745
Just got this email....

Dear students,

You need to learn how to solder in the coming week, the link listed below is a good demonstration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NU2ruzyc4

regards

(=_=)

Pretty much sums up my engineering / physics courses thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back