「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #90,751 of 177,744

"usagi" is the english name of the typhoon near HK right now.

Stay safe!

So I'm in the market for a laser engraver, and they're not cheap.

Just got a quote on a machine from the Australian distributor for $19,600, but they sell for around $8,000 in the states. They have universal power supplies too, so I can't fathom why it costs twice as much here for the same exact unit.

Maybe I should just get a cheapie chinese one for $3000.

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #90,753 of 177,744
my library currently has around 25k songs, but only because I was actively cleaning my library and deleting stuff I don't really listen to.

Playlist under 4GB?? Even with mp3 compression that's pretty hard.....

Yeah, see that's a nice, tight-sized library. Honestly some people go overboard. The thing is, the guy with the 1 mil didn't use the tried-and-true archival methods that you see people usually with 1 mil do - that is, load the crud up with classical and jazz. The breadth of that stuff gets you 100k in a month, easy. He did it all with indie releases, which was something we found pretty f-ing impressive. Now if he only shared his tracklist....

Yeah, it's only 300 MP3 tracks methinks at the V0 preset. Like I say I don't know how some people do it.

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #90,754 of 177,744

So I'm in the market for a laser engraver, and they're not cheap.

Just got a quote on a machine from the Australian distributor for $19,600, but they sell for around $8,000 in the states. They have universal power supplies too, so I can't fathom why it costs twice as much here for the same exact unit.

Maybe I should just get a cheapie chinese one for $3000.

Nice!!
Cut + engrave or just engrave?
Do be careful with the chinese ones :wink:

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #90,755 of 177,744

Nice!!
Cut + engrave or just engrave?
Do be careful with the chinese ones :wink:

I only need it to engrave onto anodised aluminium.

Yeah, not sure if it's worth the risk in buying a chinese one, I have heard lots of horror stories on forums and such.

I think I just need to be patient and be on the lookout for a nice used machine to come up for sale.

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #90,757 of 177,744

Hahaha, will do! I'll get off the damn thread now and go get schiit done!

I just got OneNote.

Dayum,this is going to be so god dayum awesome for me.

I just use TextEdit. Gets the job done. :p

Micey, looks like this guy might be into hifi as well. He told me he has all of his music in FLAC on an external drive. Didn't get into audio with him but I'll be sure to ask sometime soon.

Nice! Maybe we can have a mini meet some time before classes start.

And yeah, Student Activities Office is where we went to at the HUB that one time.

Yeah, we should do that! When are you going to be in Seattle again.
Lol that's right... Orz

Tomorrow morning? XD

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #90,758 of 177,744
  I just use TextEdit. Gets the job done. :p

Tomorrow morning? XD

One Note organizes it pretty well.

The more I learn of business and marketing. The more I notice just how drugged up and retarted Microsoft's marketing teams are. Their new advertisements(pulled from TV after a day) about Apple, and bashing iPhone or iPod, and me using their products a lot more now have shown me one thing.

Their marketing team is among the world's worst probably and all need to either be fired or need to be taken off the magical $200,000 paycheck magical check they drink from.

Intergration, completeness, and key uses are the biggest problems Microsoft suffers with their programs. Their incompetence in marketing their own products makes these products all the more worse.

Example:
Apple's Touch ID sensor and Apple ID intergration. Microsoft and a big majority of companies FAILED hard with intergrating fingerprint scanners into computers. WHY? They marketed it wrong. I was blown away today after doing some in depth reading and analyzing of the Touch ID that I was beyond words at how good Apple's marketing team is. Microsoft +others failed in finger print scanners in the past because they touted it as a security device. Apple touts it as a secure way to get in. Yes, people have 'cracked' the Touch ID already. But that isn't he whole point. Many people don't use passcodes, and for those that do. Touch ID is a featurue that lets people easilly 'secure' their devices quickly and semi securley WHILE apple doesn't tout it as a full blown security device. Their Apple Id intergration when you buy their product is also amazing. It is the simple things. From the past, each and eveyr single time you've given Apple info it was recorded and so when you type your info into a new device. BOOM, synched. But how did they do this so well? Full blown completeness. From how the 'log in' screen pops up to how the icons look to the consumer in entering information by Apple looks easy and seamless while when I see one from Microsoft it looks horrible.

So now, going back to the main point. After using Windows 8, testing out the Slates, using my school's software download suite to test out Microsoft's 2013 Office programs to their intergration with Skydive and the cloud.

Microsoft has some great products. One Note is absolutely an entrepreneurial mind blown. Word functions as you would want to, and Power Point hashes out video presentations and information quickly and well. But then the programs surface. The 'ribbon' theme throws an insane amount of cluttering and 'hard' to use to the consumer. Do I click that on the left side of the screen or that on the right side of the screen to maybe find what I want? When skydive asks you to sign in. It looks like the general crap sign in box and you then have to go through a 10 minute process of singing up and what not. And then the synching. Does it auto synch or do I have to do something? Wait, where do I save it to when it gives me these three boxes? ARe some things consumers would ask. Apple just says, we are going to put EVERYTHING in a few 'menu' boxes up in the top left and that contains everything. Everything will auto save without you saying something(Google does this as well), and you don't have to hit 'save' or 'apply. 

Seriously. If Microsoft got a good marketing team, they could be making some serious strides against Apple with their One Note software and Office platform. If Apple rolled out a software similar to One Note today or has the College student planner and financial budget templates that excel and word may have with intergration to their cloud services. People would be dropping to their knees today. Why? Because Apple knows how to ****** market schit to gold.

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #90,760 of 177,744
  Yes yes, we all know you're a business guru now that you've entered college and everything seems crystal clear to you with respect to business and marketing, but it doesn't take an Apple Genius to recognise that Microsoft is the king of marketing.

I'm by no means a guru. I'm just realizing a lot of things right now is really just it.

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #90,762 of 177,744
Don't be harsh on the Panda. He's just excited that's all. I'd be excited too if I lived in a mansion with an aquarium full of sexy lady pandas to breed play cards with.

I don't want to butt in. It probably wasn't malicious anyways. But I really like the butts and fanning the air so here I go. 

When people get excited when learning about new stuff, they tend to talk a lot about it. It happens. It happens on this forum a hellovalot. It's not really destructive behaviour. It's all a part of growing up. They want to share what they know. It might be a little bit annoying, but friends overlook that.

For example, Michelle's friends and family were probably ticked off when she annoyed them with her incesssive talking about crossdressing all the time during her phase. It happens.

And who knows. Maybe he'll finally discover the wonders of goldfish the next day and start talking about that for a while. Who knows. But I for one welcome our current/present/future Foxconn/TI executive overlords. Let people be.

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #90,765 of 177,744
  Don't be harsh on the Panda. He's just excited that's all. I'd be excited too if I lived in a mansion with an aquarium full of sexy lady pandas to breed play cards with.

I don't want to butt in. It probably wasn't malicious anyways. But I really like the butts and fanning the air so here I go. 

When people get excited when learning about new stuff, they tend to talk a lot about it. It happens. It happens on this forum a hellovalot. It's not really destructive behaviour. It's all a part of growing up. They want to share what they know. It might be a little bit annoying, but friends overlook that.

For example, Michelle's friends and family were probably ticked off when she annoyed them with her incesssive talking about crossdressing all the time during her phase. It happens.

And who knows. Maybe he'll finally discover the wonders of goldfish the next day and start talking about that for a while. Who knows. But I for one welcome our current/present/future Foxconn/TI executive overlords. Let people be.

Ooh, I just realised that Mayuri wears a pretty short skirt. This'll be fun to wear during Sakura-Con next year. :)

OH GOSH. 
ಠ_ಠ​

t(ツ)_/¯​

HATERS GONNA HATE!​
  Oh dear.....

yeah..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back