「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 6, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #85,456 of 177,745
When I think of Germany I think about Monster lol (the manga if you guys haven't read it)

Or fountain pens :wink:

I'm a big fantasy fan as well. Last series I read was the night angel trilogy. Starting on the mistbourne series atm. 

But Monster also spent some time in the Netherlands! Pluto even more so.

Plus, there's a town called Monster in the Netherlands.

If anything you should think of Monster when you think about the Netherlands, not Germany. :p

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #85,457 of 177,745
Quote:
I went to Bavaria a couple weeks ago. When someone there was talking to me I was not even sure she was talking German or whether it was something else. Even the Swiss are easier to understand than that.

It's just horrible. I have some relatives down there so I won't get around listening to their gibberish...they even have a saying down there that translates roughly to: "We Bavarian people are good at everything....except speaking proper German".
A lot of them think that the rest of Germany is slowing down Bavarias developement and there is a party down there that is fighting for the seperation of Bavaria from Germany.

Quote:
When I think of Germany I think about Monster lol (the manga if you guys haven't read it)

Or fountain pens :wink:

I'm a big fantasy fan as well. Last series I read was the night angel trilogy. Starting on the mistbourne series atm. 

Never heard of that manga (that doesn't mean anything....)

Read that trilogy too!
Did you like it? I thought some parts were a bit rushed, but overall it was nice :)

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #85,458 of 177,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never heard of that manga (that doesn't mean anything....)

About Monster? You might've heard about it recently, since it was confirmed to get a western adaptation series directed by Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Pacific Rim)...

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #85,460 of 177,745
Quote:
But Monster also spent some time in the Netherlands! Pluto even more so.

Plus, there's a town called Monster in the Netherlands.

If anything you should think of Monster when you think about the Netherlands, not Germany.
tongue.gif

I need to reread it again :)

Monster is definitely a series I would buy and collect. I really enjoyed it.

One of the mangas that I actually spend a day to marathon lol

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #85,462 of 177,745
About Monster? You might've heard about it recently, since it was confirmed to get a western adaptation series directed by Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Pacific Rim)...

Really? That's awesome.
Though I'm not sure about it being adapted into a movie. The story is long, so it won't really fit in the less than 3 hours. There are a lot of arcs not essential to the story, but I'd feel very sad if they'd be left out.

I need to reread it again :)

Monster is definitely a series I would buy and collect. I really enjoyed it.

One of the mangas that I actually spend a day to marathon lol

Same here. Although I read it in two days I think. Still, by the same author I did marathon Pluto and 20th Century Boys. Both excellent manga as well.

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #85,464 of 177,745
del Torro ♥
If he's going to make a movie out of it, I might just not bother with reading the manga. I don't want to ruin the movie for me :wink:

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #85,465 of 177,745
Quote:
Though I'm not sure about it being adapted into a movie.

As I've said, it will be a series. It was supposed to be a movie in the beginning, but they decided to turn it into a series because the plot was too complicated for a single movie. Made for HBO (not sure if it matters) and IIRC with scenario by one of the people responsible for Sherlock (which was awesome, BTW).
Del Toro said it's gonna follow the manga closely.

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #85,466 of 177,745
As I've said, it will be a series. It was supposed to be a movie in the beginning, but they decided to turn it into a series because the plot was too complicated for a single movie. Made for HBO (not sure if it matters) and IIRC with scenario by one of the people responsible for Sherlock (which was awesome, BTW).

That is excellent news.

In that case I'll make an exception and follow a Western show when it comes out.

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #85,467 of 177,745
Quote:
It finally got serialized, it finally got serialized ~~ http://www.mangapark.com/manga/koe-no-katachi
I read the oneshot last year, loved every part of it, completely forgot about it later on. Otherwise I would've followed up on this like a hawk.

Oh, if anyone knows what webtoon that new drama special Adolescent Youth came from...mucho gracias.

Jaysus. When Nishimiya wrote down, "I would like to learn how to sing" on that goofy notebook of hers, I was like, teach me how to love Nishimiya. Teach me how to feel again 

Also, whomever is translating this thing, is confusing the **** outta me man, one second he romanizes her name as "Nishimiya" and in the very next panel it's "Nishiyama", my canine brain can't take this confusion 

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #85,468 of 177,745
Though I'm not sure about it being adapted into a movie.

Still, even with all this fantastic news, I'm being cautious. I'm still reeling in from the disappointment of putting my hopes too high into Urobochi...

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #85,470 of 177,745
Quote:
Still, even with all this fantastic news, I'm being cautious. I'm still reeling in from the disappointment of putting my hopes too high into Urobochi...

Huh? The Butcher did something wrong? Do you mean the two Gargantia episodes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back