「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #85,441 of 177,747
Hey Tom!

What kind of photography do you do? And how is it in Germany? I've never been to Europe before and have always wondered how its like. 

(I think in Europe I'll probably find the biggest Vietnamese population in France lol) 

I've been trying to read more as well (both books and manga :p)

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #85,442 of 177,747
Quote:
hahaha I'm not sure if you guys have seen Genshiken, but I always think about that anime with gundam models. I used to build them when I was a kid, but I don't think I did the whole experience. Like making them look nice and what not, I kinda just put them together like legos. 

Maybe I'll get the Gouf Custom and build one with you guys :wink: 

I have a bunch of batman/street fighter figurines and kid robot. Adding a gundam into it wouldn't look so bad :D 

do it man!

Which one of you added me on steam called ilikevitamins?

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #85,447 of 177,747
I know I don't post here that often (the thread goes by pretty quickly and I'm not always in front of my comp) but I'll try to get to know you guys better. 

What kind of other hobbies do you guys have here? (besides head-fi and anime/manga I mean)

Mathematics is probably my main hobby, but I guess that doesn't count.

A few months ago I started reading philosophy, which I quite like. I'll be buying some more books pretty soon.
I also like fountain pens, and practicing my handwriting or doing calligraphy, although I'm actually pretty bad at it.

Other than that I don't really have the time (or money) for anything else. Busy life...

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #85,449 of 177,747
Quote:
so who is it?

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ = me
You just need to take a look at the account name
tongue.gif

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #85,451 of 177,747
It finally got serialized, it finally got serialized ~~ http://www.mangapark.com/manga/koe-no-katachi
I read the oneshot last year, loved every part of it, completely forgot about it later on. Otherwise I would've followed up on this like a hawk.

Oh, if anyone knows what webtoon that new drama special Adolescent Youth came from...mucho gracias.

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #85,452 of 177,747
Quote:
Hey Tom!

What kind of photography do you do? And how is it in Germany? I've never been to Europe before and have always wondered how its like. 

(I think in Europe I'll probably find the biggest Vietnamese population in France lol) 

I've been trying to read more as well (both books and manga :p)

I'm just running around with my compact and shoot whatever I like :wink: Feel free to take a look at my Flickr account.
And Germany is...nice I guess. There are a lot of worse countries in Europe you could live in :D No, not everyone here is wearing Lederhosen and driving a BMW. All the Germany klischees you heard about, are related to the weirdos down in Bavaria. Bavaria is not really a part of Germany if you ask me. Completely different culture and language (kind of)

I guess so too. But I, the stupid whitebread that I am, can't tell if an Asian looking person is from Japan, China or Vietnam :D

I'm not really into manga. No idea why. I love reading sci-fi and fantasy novels. The more pages, the better. Oh and all kinds of atheist stuff. And science books like the ones Steven Hawking is "writing".

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #85,453 of 177,747
And Germany is...nice I guess. There are a lot of worse countries in Europe you could live in :D No, not everyone here is wearing Lederhosen and driving a BMW. All the Germany klischees you heard about, are related to the weirdos down in Bavaria. Bavaria is not really a part of Germany if you ask me. Completely different culture and language (kind of)

I went to Bavaria a couple weeks ago. When someone there was talking to me I was not even sure she was talking German or whether it was something else. Even the Swiss are easier to understand than that.

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #85,454 of 177,747
When I think of Germany I think about Monster lol (the manga if you guys haven't read it)

Or fountain pens :wink:

I'm a big fantasy fan as well. Last series I read was the night angel trilogy. Starting on the mistbourne series atm. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back