「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 2, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #84,901 of 177,747
Quote:
Quote:
Ahh, nice nice. I've been interested in the F111 myself but I can't justify the cost... Yet... :D
i bought and sold some Hifiman HE400s (preferred the mad dog), sold the GR07s finally and bought UE900s and most recently, bought a Stax SR-2020 system.
ive been pretty busy as well, going down to Cali to meet up with tsujigiri and going to UW to sign up for classes.

UE900s finally catching on :D Warren knows how much I loved those things. Is it just me or is everyone getting really good IEMs these days?

Yeah, other than the lower mids being a bit too loud, I think they're pretty darn fine. My friend's broke less than a week after owning them though, so I'm just trying to baby mine right now.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #84,902 of 177,747
Quote:
Yeah, other than the lower mids being a bit too loud, I think they're pretty darn fine. My friend's broke less than a week after owning them though, so I'm just trying to baby mine right now.

Yea. Because of this mishap... I'm going to leave the Stat world indefinitely. A phone that's this fragile cannot survive my destructive touch.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #84,904 of 177,747
I probably missed the great welcome back party. But anyways, welcome back Twinqy!
Quote:
I really don't like professional eSports.
I can't really imagine that these people still have fun playing whatever game they are so godlike at.

The SD3 thread went to schiit :D

@TwinQ
Oooohhhh.
I know where your avatar is from! It's on the tip of my tongue :'(

It's a shame that you had to hesitate for this one :D
Quote:
Oh it's just that I'm not really a person who likes to compete with others. I don't get the thrills out of being the best. I play these games the way I want to. For example, I actually like picking weird weapon configurations and just play in a way, all the other people don't. Most of them play with the same weapons or whatever just because it's said that these weapons are the best ones. They just want to be the numero uno...

BONES?
Yeah it's so easy nowadays to be a part of the TMAC...
I havn't really looked into the F111. Always thought about it as the 334s little brother. But I think that there is more to it :D

Just get an Ers 4.. or whatever they're called. Hailed as the perfectly neutral IEMs. $400 is a bit pricy for single BAs~
Quote:
REddit /r/anime thread

genius post

With this Dango Rap video mix

If rap was like this, I'd listen to more of it.
Quote:
UE900s finally catching on :D Warren knows how much I loved those things. Is it just me or is everyone getting really good IEMs these days?

Wait, weren't you always the mod? I never remembered having moderator capabilities - probably because I had to leave and come back since panther was doing the crazy spam thing.

I seem to have gone the opposite directions. I started with good IEMs, now I'm finding a hard time to get impressed by any full sized. SRS2050 included prior to imbalance.
Quote:

I know the talent has just moved elsewhere, but this still makes me sad.

c3bu is **** BTW.

TTGL. Story of my childhood.
Quote:
330€ translates to ~400...drat, Musica had it for 599 as the pre-order price. I didn't really mind the price at first as my friend was going to take care of it all anyways, but this is making me think I might have to check out how much it would cost for a Tenso import. The price difference just seems to be too big.

Though if you ever need to use the warranty, it would be a pain. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #84,905 of 177,747
[size=small] I bought the HeavyArms EW-03 HG Variant for $13 with free 2 day shipping off Amazon for one and only one purpose. To try out new things.[/size]

[size=small] I knew it was going to look like crap stock. This unit is over a decade old(1998) and so I grabed all my markers, sharpees(fine point), and sand paper to get this thing going.[/size]

[size=small] I was going for more wear and tear instead of actual battle damage. My pics show (some) before and after pics before wear and tear scrapping, penciled 'oil/scrape' stains and panelling lines and what not. I do have a Soldering iron and thought about battle damage, but that will have to wait another day. I have spent over 10 hours on this build already and am dead tired of gunpla.[/size]

[size=small] This build stock only had two colors painted onto the runners. The Dark blue and pure white. Nothing else(except for the stickers). So of course, add in panneling, exhaust staining of the legs, friction and hits to the ground scrapes etc and my gunpla was complete.[/size]

[size=small] This is my first time doing this. Let me know how I did guys and recommend new stuff to try next time if you can.[/size]

[size=small] I personally am quite proud of my work, and especially how good I got a unit first released in 98 to look.

http://imgur.com/a/Ps3oW
[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] I will appreciate comments![/size]

[size=small] [/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] [/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #84,906 of 177,747
Quote:
I probably missed the great welcome back party. But anyways, welcome back Twinqy!

Aloha ~~

I seem to have gone the opposite directions. I started with good IEMs, now I'm finding a hard time to get impressed by any full sized. SRS2050 included prior to imbalance.

In the past three months, the longest I've stayed home asides from sleeping time would be around 3 hours. Any meaning to a home rig would be completely nullified at this point.

Truth be told, the only reason I've kept the Audezes is for sentimental value and the eazy-listening-sig.

Though if you ever need to use the warranty, it would be a pain. 

I'm not dealing with international warranty again. If worse comes to shove, I'll reshell them or something.

Quote:
[size=small] I will appreciate comments![/size]

Here's a comment - I appreciate your appreciation.
Other than that I have no constructive criticism, but pandas love me so I think we're about even.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #84,908 of 177,747
Quote:

Here's a comment - I appreciate your appreciation.
Other than that I have no constructive criticism, but pandas love me so I think we're about even.

Quote:
Why use markers? Wouldn't paint be 1) better-looking, 2) more permanant, 3) better colour variety?

Yes but also about 5X more expensive and take about 30 hours from start to finish.....

It looks very good, but I need to buy special paint and do some MAD painting and what not.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #84,909 of 177,747
Don't look down on marker art - people have done amazing things with markers....

Practically speaking, Bowei's a practical panda - he doesn't have time to wait for paint to dry. 
Practicallierly speaking, I'd imagine that'd smudge off fairly fast if one were to say, play with it. But that would never happen. Playing with plastic robot figurines? What sort of messed-up world...

Aug 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #84,911 of 177,747
Quote:
Hm I see. I haven't looked in to modeling paint before. Remind me next year to take photos of the Gundam model showcase they have at Sakura-Con.
smily_headphones1.gif

Do it!

Anyway cost of painting this Heavy Arms to true perfection? Probably $60+ and 30 hours of my time

Gundam Primer $12
Gundam gloss paint $12

6 colors $8 each

Flat coat paint $12

Alligator clips bag $8
Shish Kabob sticks batch $5
(to hold individual pieces up as you paint them)
Painters putty(to close seams) $7

this is of course LEGIT painting. And most of these will last multiple Gundams. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #84,913 of 177,747
@danganronpa 5
Haha, this show never fails to disappoint me, well played.

Can't wait to find out what that last scene was all about~

Soo.... The show is a disappointment?

I'm not good with shows like this. I almost lost my schiit when Mami died in Madoka.

Also, Unlimited Musket Works FTW!

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #84,914 of 177,747
Quote:
Soo.... The show is a disappointment?

I'm not good with shows like this. I almost lost my schiit when Mami died in Madoka.

Also, Unlimited Musket Works FTW!

wow, how did I end up typing the opposite of what I was gonna say.... maybe i'm a tsundere at heart!
eek.gif

nah, it was good.

btw, spoiler tags!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back