「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #79,651 of 177,745

I didnt read it to avoid bias or any taking of ideas subconciously

But creating an making a full new thread on it. Is good you know :)

No wonder our names are being tarnished lately 
rolleyes.gif

Here's another tip: if you go to Japan, say you're Taiwanese not Chinese.
Actually, do us a favor and don't do it unless your life depends on it.

Haha

Its pretty obvious to be any country you can be so others wont hate you. Simple as that.

What about European people if I'd be going to Japan? Should I say I'm French, British, German, Dutch, Italian, Belgian, Spanish? I could probably act like any one of them in the eyes of one unacquainted with the cultures and languages like most Japanese.

French. It is well known that japanese prople have a huge love of paris and french.

Woo~ today's HK meet was fun. :D
There were like 2x people.

Pics?

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #79,653 of 177,745
Quote:
Rik doesn't have dat nose, so nope. Don't even think about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

Just telling you. Japanese people love dem Frenchies.

Asians in their native lands can't tell Euro's apart. Rik is skinny, blue eyes, and has hair that isn't dark or brown. He could masquarade as ANY Euro-Ameri person as he speaks Dutch(kinda sounds like German and any other Scandanavian tongue to an Asian), some French(Western Euro all covered), and Engrish (Americas).

It's perfect.

He could be Canadian when he comes here to Murica (so he doesn't get hounded by foreign questions) and be French when he goes to Japan.

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #79,655 of 177,745
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

Just telling you. Japanese people love dem Frenchies.

Asians in their native lands can't tell Euro's apart. Rik is skinny, blue eyes, and has hair that isn't dark or brown. He could masquarade as ANY Euro-Ameri person as he speaks Dutch(kinda sounds like German and any other Scandanavian tongue to an Asian), some French(Western Euro all covered), and Engrish (Americas).

It's perfect.

He could be Canadian when he comes here to Murica (so he doesn't get hounded by foreign questions) and be French when he goes to Japan.

I call far fetched claim 
rolleyes.gif

Well to some extent.

I don't think they would show that much more favoritism towards Rik from
1) thinking/knowing he is Dutch
2) thinking he is French

Good looking Caucasian = already won the game in those books.
To whom goes the extra credit depends on the individual.

At this point we're just spouting nonsensical noise pollution. Let's just shut up, kay? lol
Can't be letting our mouths run this much. Even if it's the fingers doing the typing.
And finally, @ the bold part: Rik, just be honest and not like this liar. xD

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #79,656 of 177,745
Quote:
I call far fetched claim 
rolleyes.gif

Well to some extent.

I don't think they would show that much more favoritism towards Rik from
1) thinking/knowing he is Dutch
2) thinking he is French

Good looking Caucasian = already won the game in those books.
To whom goes the extra credit depends on the individual.

At this point we're just spouting nonsensical noise pollution. Let's just shut up, kay? lol
Can't be letting our mouths run this much. Even if it's the fingers doing the typing.
And finally, @ the bold part: Rik, just be honest and not like this liar. xD

I feel like those just get harassed A LOT more in Japan

I recommend Rikkun not to shave when he goes to Asia. The mullet works to protect him from attention.

jecklinsmile.gif
 hehehehehe. I'll always be Canadian online for people I don't know!

Where do I live in Canda?....New....Queens..Canad...land.. 
ph34r.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #79,660 of 177,745
Quote:
French. It is well known that japanese prople have a huge love of paris and french.

Also a well known fact that French people have also a form of love affair with Japan though not as much as Japanese people, it's more present in younger French audiences. I bet if you speak French to a Japanese girl in Japan, she would be all crazy over you. No problem for me, je parle couramment le Français. Seulement, c'est dommage que je ne connais aucune Japonaise. :p

So for today's Valvrave and Gargantia

Valvrave Episode 11
Wasn't terribly excited for this episode.It was pretty lackluster. Even the end phrase didn't manage to excite me. I didn't know that rape can turn into marriage. :p

Gargantia Episode 12
One thing's for sure, now it gets going. Though painfully obvious that Ledo will disobey direct orders from Kugel/Stryker, the way it delivered was very good. Nice to see Ledo finally taking a firm decision.
Pinion has finally brightened up and let his hair down which he looks quite good. He's still a tiny sausage but he's making up for it after watching the shocking event of dumping masses of old and/or sick people to the ocean. And it's nice to see Rakkage back into action with her Flying Lobster. I missed that mecha.
The battle between Kugel/Stryker was decent enough. Entertaining but I expected a bit more chaos well that may be because I just watched Valvrave.
One thing that AnimeSuki members got right though is the fishiness of the physical absence of Kugel, 
So MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT!!!!!
Let's just say that it was shocking...

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #79,662 of 177,745
Quote:

Also a well known fact that French people have also a form of love affair with Japan though not as much as Japanese people, it's more present in younger French audiences. I bet if you speak French to a Japanese girl in Japan, she would be all crazy over you. No problem for me, je parle couramment le Français. Seulement, c'est dommage que je ne connais aucune Japonaise. :p

Well, in this case, I might want to refresh my really poor school-france before I visite Japan (in the not forseeable future) :3

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #79,663 of 177,745
Quote:
You know what would be fun? Try to convince different people that you have different nationalities, and see how long it will take people to notice. :p

It has worked in the past at my school! I'm Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and etc to a few people I know

@Vortex
when does rape become marriage?

You need to watch some more anime! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #79,664 of 177,745
BTW Bowei, it's possible to distinguish a French from another European person.
I can't really go into the details because it's quite difficult but having spent all my life near French people, I can moderately distinguish them. All I can say is that their faces are a bit sharper than other people.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #79,665 of 177,745
Quote:
BTW Bowei, it's possible to distinguish a French from another European person.
I can't really go into the details because it's quite difficult but having spent all my life near French people, I can moderately distinguish them. All I can say is that their faces are a bit sharper than other people.

Maybe I guess

I have pretty good distinguishing power between Asians though! :)

If I see them in real life that is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back