「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 23, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #79,636 of 177,745
I never really poured my feelings IRL. I don't know why; maybe as the eldest of 5 siblings, I have to look strong for the fam, since I'm the shining star. That's tremendous pressure in of itself, and to explain that to someone else face to face is... daunting. Sure I never really bare myself here since I designate this as the "being dumb as bricks" place, but on the Diary Thread... I've done way more emotional discussions there than IRL.

That's on the more personal side, and on the more casual side, even then I still have a few masks for RL compared to the internet. Heck, now that I know graph is reachable IRL, I don't know how I'll act in front of him.

Friends on the internet are still friends, despite what others may claim. They share rage, joy, sadness together, and maybe more so than IRL friends. While anonymity usually is portrayed in a bad light, in this case, I feel that anonymity serves a nebulous, positive purpose.

I actually don't really have any masks anymore. With my friends I act like I want to. It gives a tremendous sense of freedom, and I'm lucky to have a multitude of friends who actually like that.

That would be nice to do one day. The thing is, I do want people to understand me, but I'm not willing to expose myself. It's a rather odd thing...

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #79,637 of 177,745
Quote:
FTFY

I learned a trick from Reddit to ALWAYS tell people online(for people you won't meet ever again, like game rooms or a Reddit reply) that you are Canadian if you are actually American.

You go abroad to any country? You are Canadian. 

No wonder our names are being tarnished lately 
rolleyes.gif

Here's another tip: if you go to Japan, say you're Taiwanese not Chinese.
Actually, do us a favor and don't do it unless your life depends on it.

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #79,638 of 177,745
As an Ayase fan, the latest Oreimo episode is pretty good, but at the same time very sad... T_T

Yahari xxx is pending to be my most favourite anime of 2013

....and yeah, Valvrave never failed to suprise me so far, I do hope Shouko to survive through this season though...

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #79,639 of 177,745
No wonder our names are being tarnished lately 
rolleyes.gif

Here's another tip: if you go to Japan, say you're Taiwanese not Chinese.
Actually, do us a favor and don't do it unless your life depends on it.

What about European people if I'd be going to Japan? Should I say I'm French, British, German, Dutch, Italian, Belgian, Spanish? I could probably act like any one of them in the eyes of one unacquainted with the cultures and languages like most Japanese.

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #79,640 of 177,745
Quote:
What about European people if I'd be going to Japan? Should I say I'm French, British, German, Dutch, Italian, Belgian, Spanish? I could probably act like any one of them in the eyes of one unacquainted with the cultures and languages like most Japanese.

Wouldn't Dutch be fine? or even generally stating yourself as European.
Being found out and branded a liar is probably what you'd want to avoid haha, even if it's true that most can't make the distinction.
The problem with being Chinese is only due to some tensions in the Pacific, and also how Chinese tourists are destroying the world one country at a time.
Can't say they're always badly regarded, but the likelihood of being malregarded is higher.

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #79,641 of 177,745
Wouldn't Dutch be fine? or even generally stating yourself as European.
Being found out and branded a liar is probably what you'd want to avoid haha, even if it's true that most can't make the distinction.
The problem with being Chinese is only due to some tensions in the Pacific, and also how Chinese tourists are destroying the world one country at a time.
Can't say they're always badly regarded, but the likelihood of being malregarded is higher.

Problem with saying I'm Dutch is that unless they are really acquainted with Japanese history, or European geography/culture, they'll be like 'What's Holland? (オランダ)'

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #79,643 of 177,745
Quote:
Problem with saying I'm Dutch is that unless they are really acquainted with Japanese history, or European geography/culture, they'll be like 'What's Holland? (オランダ)'

I guess.
Maybe you can prepare yourself a dutch flag... and if they really don't know, just give up and rotate it into a French flag.

If you mention something about the flowers, they might know. It is a pretty well known 'attraction' of sorts.
I think saying Holland says enough for itself (not like me having to say Quebec since it's so stupidly trying to be different from the rest of Canada) to most people.
Otherwise just teach them about the place

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #79,644 of 177,745
gg's released Newawareta Gakuen. Early reviews were pretty bad but the animation looks glorious. 

Quote:
As an Ayase fan, the latest Oreimo episode is pretty good, but at the same time very sad... T_T

Yahari xxx is pending to be my most favourite anime of 2013

....and yeah, Valvrave never failed to suprise me so far, I do hope Shouko to survive through this season though...

Yeah Yahari has been very decent. The ending was a bit lacking but can't really expect much from an adaptation of an ongoing light novel. One of those shows I'd love to see get a second season but probably never will. 
mad.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #79,649 of 177,745
Quote:
Yeah Yahari has been very decent. The ending was a bit lacking but can't really expect much from an adaptation of an ongoing light novel. One of those shows I'd love to see get a second season but probably never will. 
mad.gif

I think Brains Base have been doing really well with that low budget.

Light novel adaptation like this can end up being much worse if handled by something like A1...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back