「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #77,446 of 177,745
whats up guys trying to use the Swype app on this device. it's actually quite cool but it is less accurate on longer words and those that aren't used often. the time it takes to use it is about my regular phone speed if i do it right. but so far I'm not that fast. extremely fun to use though if done correctly. you need to know what the letters are in a split second to even use it and i forget sometimes as well.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #77,447 of 177,745
Quote:
Yup!
biggrin.gif

I am convinced that Stax's Lamba series is the way to go for my music preferences and overall sound. LCD-2 is good but not to my liking; HD800 is good but too canny sounding to my ears without a ton of modifications; HE-500 is good but too bright for me; SR-007 MKI is good but too laid back for my liking.

If I'm going to be spending $400+ (past my $300 point of diminishing returns) on any set of audio gear, it'll be a Lambda rig.

Someone in this thread will be winning a Stax :). Hopefully it's you!

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #77,448 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:
Yup!
biggrin.gif

I am convinced that Stax's Lamba series is the way to go for my music preferences and overall sound. LCD-2 is good but not to my liking; HD800 is good but too canny sounding to my ears without a ton of modifications; HE-500 is good but too bright for me; SR-007 MKI is good but too laid back for my liking.

If I'm going to be spending $400+ (past my $300 point of diminishing returns) on any set of audio gear, it'll be a Lambda rig.

Someone in this thread will be winning a Stax :). Hopefully it's you!

Hahaha, hopefully I can get the bid in on time this time.

I'm not sure if the eBay sniper thing is legal and/or effective. XD

Apparently it is legal but it seems like an idiotic thing to do. For example, if my budget is X, and I use a sniper thing, someone could make a last-minute bid of $1000000000000000000000000 and my sniper would bid higher than that. -.-

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #77,449 of 177,745
whats up guys trying to use the Swype app on this device. it's actually quite cool but it is less accurate on longer words and those that aren't used often. the time it takes to use it is about my regular phone speed if i do it right. but so far I'm not that fast. extremely fun to use though if done correctly. you need to know what the letters are in a split second to even use it and i forget sometimes as well.

I stopped using Swype since I discovered SwiftKey. :wink:

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #77,451 of 177,745
For example, if my budget is X, and I use a sniper thing, someone could make a last-minute bid of $1000000000000000000000000 and my sniper would bid higher than that. -.-

Obviously, you can set the max amount of money you are willing to pay.

Well I dunno, I have never heard of an auction sniper before until yesterday.

Jun 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #77,453 of 177,745
Quote:
iono when I'm goin :s when I do, I'll update u n kalbee
maybe :> though i'll be moving around japan and won't stay in one spot. Where're you going? Kalbee has 2 months -____-

Dang. That's why.

LOL I'm going in 2 days for 1 week.....

Jun 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #77,454 of 177,745
Quote:
Yup!
biggrin.gif

welcome to the world of stats 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 have you thought about going w/ an esp950? stax adapter will allow you to plug it into a lot of sheet instead of just the energizer. Forgot about it until wink told me yesterday (prior was a review w/ a 950 hooked up to one comparing the 950 w/ a stax amp/normal egizer w/ another electrostat I think). 

LOL I'm going in 2 days for 1 week.....

only 2 days? what about the other 5?

edit: nvm read that incorrectly. So in 2 days you goin for one week. Dang. I won't be leaving for asia until 2 more weeks. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #77,455 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:
Yup!
biggrin.gif

welcome to the world of stats 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 have you thought about going w/ an esp950? stax adapter will allow you to plug it into a lot of sheet instead of just the energizer. Forgot about it until wink told me yesterday (prior was a review w/ a 950 hooked up to one comparing the 950 w/ a stax amp/normal egizer w/ another electrostat I think).

I thought about it yeah but I've heard the Lambda Signature in-person and I was very satisfied with how it sounds. How does the ESP-950 compare?
I'm guessing the energiser is the amp thing? I don't know the terms for electrostatic headphones. XD

Jun 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #77,457 of 177,745
Quote:
I thought about it yeah but I've heard the Lambda Signature in-person and I was very satisfied with how it sounds. How does the ESP-950 compare?
I'm guessing the energiser is the amp thing? I don't know the terms for electrostatic headphones. XD

I haven't heard the lambda IRL so I can't do anything D:
Yeah it is (at least for the 950, I just hear stat amps by their names in general). You'll learn in time. Problem w/ the esp950 is the short arsed cord. 4ft long. But that can be fixed. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #77,458 of 177,745

Quote:
Quote:
Woohoo, nothing to quote!
Looks like maybe I should take a break from little busters to watch the most recent episode of suisei though...
Oh, and it looks like mah stax are going to end up costing $527 shipped roughly, but none are in stock until the end of the month...

YES! Watch Gargantia 9!

you getting STAX??
eek.gif

maybe you can get an energizer to use with P-IA
biggrin.gif

Maybe...
Heh, that might be a nice thing to do as well~
But I don't want to wait too long though 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Looks like maybe I should take a break from little busters to watch the most recent episode of suisei though...
Oh, and it looks like mah stax are going to end up costing $527 shipped roughly, but none are in stock until the end of the month...

Oho, finally the Stax route. I am proud of you.

Hehe, I might. It's always a debate between the SRS 2170 and other stats or the HE500...
Quote:
Quote:

Which one and what energiser?

The Stax SRS 2170 basic setup.
Quote:
Quote:

Nice! In the mean time I'll still try to get that Lambda Signature on eBay. If I don't win that, then I might go for the combo you're getting.

Hehe... :D
Quote:

Use swiftkey flow instead. It's infinitely better :p
Quote:
Hahaha, hopefully I can get the bid in on time this time.

I'm not sure if the eBay sniper thing is legal and/or effective. XD

Apparently it is legal but it seems like an idiotic thing to do. For example, if my budget is X, and I use a sniper thing, someone could make a last-minute bid of $1000000000000000000000000 and my sniper would bid higher than that. -.-

The sniper "thing" will only bid whatever you want to bid near the end of the auction...
I actually received my confirmation of winning before the confirmation of bidding if that gives you an idea of how quick it is :wink:
Quote:
Quote:

I stopped using Swype since I discovered SwiftKey. :wink:

Swiftkey has a swype thing now called flow built in.
Quote:
Rooting and flashing KF HD with Android ROM right now

Any suggestions for which flavor to choose? 
tongue_smile.gif

-edit
nvm

Kindle Fire HD does not have a real working Android ICS port for it yet.

AOKP is amazing, wait for that to come out! :D

Got my retuned Mad Dogs and $6 anime in today, plus another graduation gift! :D

Jun 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #77,459 of 177,745
Quote:
Maybe...
Heh, that might be a nice thing to do as well~
But I don't want to wait too long though 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hehe, I might. It's always a debate between the SRS 2170 and other stats or the HE500...
The Stax SRS 2170 basic setup.
Hehe... :D
Use swiftkey flow instead. It's infinitely better :p
The sniper "thing" will only bid whatever you want to bid near the end of the auction...
I actually received my confirmation of winning before the confirmation of bidding if that gives you an idea of how quick it is :wink:
Swiftkey has a swype thing now called flow built in.
AOKP is amazing, wait for that to come out! :D

Got my retuned Mad Dogs and $6 anime in today, plus another graduation gift! :D

Thanks, Just got the regular swiftkey which divides the keyboard. Quite nifty.

Jun 3, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #77,460 of 177,745
How do I get 'flow' to activate? Right now its not there.

Also, which is the best video player on the google play market? MX player isn't doing well for me. Obviously I am using 350MB upscale HD anime episodes, but it would be better if there was a video program that could play it well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back