「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #74,628 of 177,750
Quote:
When I woke up I suddenly realized I still have lots of homework to do today. Then slowly I checked up on every piece of homework only to find out I've already done all of my homework during the week.
cool.gif

I feel so awesome right now. Though now I have no idea what to do. Already watched all the new anime episodes that came out this weekend, so I have nothing to do.
I guess I'll just go read in my book again.

You should get organized.
My organizer tells me exactly what I have to do, what I have done, when things are due, and the priority of tasks.
I pretty much knows exactly what I have to do at any given moment. (weather I do them or not is another story.....
rolleyes.gif
)
but yeah, get organized, you won't regret it.

Quote:
Almost 5k pages, guys.
Which makes me proud, because that would mean approximately 1/15 posts in this thread is written by me. (roughly 5.6k of my posts are in this thread)
And more than 1/5th is by Panda...

YAY!!

LOL.

Quote:
I'm working on a pie-chart right now

Maji desuka??
eek.gif

Now the REAL question is if my probability of making a post in a given time can be modeled by a Poisson distribution.
And assuming it could, how long will it take until you can be 99% sure Ill make at least one post. (you have nothing better to do right?
biggrin.gif
)

Oh btw, I think I did ok in my maths exam~ :D

May 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #74,630 of 177,750
Which makes me proud, because that would mean approximately 1/15 posts in this thread is written by me. (roughly 5.6k of my posts are in this thread)

Wow dayumm nice! Or... Not

And more than 1/5th is by Panda...

Pffff lol
Well if you ever decide not to pursue pure maths as a career, you'll be in for a well paid career in insurance, et al.

I found Judes photos of the London Meet!
http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/767079/london-head-fi-meet-april-2013/sort/display_order/page/0/#

Me and Ra97oR are towards the end of the album, just incase any of you never actually figured out which azn guy was me from the other videos/pics.

You have the scarf and is tall and ra97or has long hair! :)

Holy schiit!!

(O.O)

I have a lot more than I thought I would.

Yeah.
I kinda expected minipanda to have more posts. LOL at Bowei taking up over a fifth.

Exactly! No less expected

May 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #74,632 of 177,750
You should get organized.
My organizer tells me exactly what I have to do, what I have done, when things are due, and the priority of tasks.
I pretty much knows exactly what I have to do at any given moment. (weather I do them or not is another story..... :rolleyes: )
but yeah, get organized, you won't regret it.

Maji desuka?? :eek:

Now the REAL question is if my probability of making a post in a given time can be modeled by a Poisson distribution.
And assuming it could, how long will it take until you can be 99% sure Ill make at least one post. (you have nothing better to do right? :D )

Oh btw, I think I did ok in my maths exam~ :D

I am organized. Fact is, a piece of homework was not written down as something I still had to do, but I did not remember doing it, so I panicked. The reason it wasn't written down was because I had already done it, but just forgot I did.

No, I can give very convincing arguments why your posting activity can not be accurately modeled by a Poisson distribution.
I do wish to analyze it, though. However, to properly analyze posting activity of this thread I would need access to a list of all the posts, the time they were posted, and who posted them. I have no access to such a list, but I would most certainly like to.

I have thought about methods of obtaining such a list, but I have very limited programming knowledge when it comes to communicating with web pages.

May 12, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #74,634 of 177,750
Quote:
Wait...

I've got an idea how to extract data from this forum. I'll see if it works out.

DOOOOO IIIIITTT!!

Just imagine a self-updating pie chart on the front of this thread. 
tongue.gif

Then for some reason, I would expect this to become a strange competition, but we all know we won't beat bowei...well, if mini-panda tried hard enough...

May 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #74,635 of 177,750
Quote:
You have the scarf and is tall and ra97or has long hair!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup.

Quote:
Finished another book, Kuhn's The Structure of Scientific Revolutions. I am going to read Wittgensteins Remarks on the Foundations of Mathematics next.

Preread for quantum mech and particles? It's probably one of a fairly small areas where I'd suggest it, since they're interesting topics, unlike say...astronomy(where I prefer to read the results of experiments and theories, than the work that goes into them).

May 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #74,636 of 177,750
Preread for quantum mech and particles? It's probably one of a fairly small areas where I'd suggest it, since they're interesting topics, unlike say...astronomy(where I prefer to read the results of experiments and theories, than the work that goes into them).

Preread? LOL no.
I read out of complete self-interest, and I consider it separate from my academic life. And besides, if I wanted prereads I'd buy math books, since I like math much more that physics.

I do physics because I find it interesting from a philosophical perspective to model nature, and also because studying both physics and mathematics is one of the very few ways to gain prestige in the academic world of the Netherlands.

May 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #74,637 of 177,750
Quote:
Yup.

Now I see why/how you manage the local sports team Mr. Handsome.

rolleyes.gif

You look a bit like Numbers Kun

May 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #74,638 of 177,750

Users who are viewing this thread

Back