「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 4, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #73,503 of 177,745
I'll just leave it here:
http://forbnl.bandcamp.com/

Finished listening, and quite frankly I liked it. Most people didn't, though.

More experimental Electronica - think of Aphex Twin's "[Equation]" or maybe Amon Tobin's crazier work - I haven't heard him, but that's what people were comparing it to. One of the guys from the duo is responsible for the NeoTokyo soundtrack. Not that they're that much similar...

May 4, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #73,506 of 177,745
Yesterday, I went to my friend's house and he has a moderate collection of mangas (all in French of course). Nothing too interesting and too special. I might say that he's your typical mainstream manga reader until something caught my eye. I haven't heard of this manga before and the authors name didn't ring one single bell. The front cover was intriguing because of the good drawing style. Intrigued by it, I borrowed it.
It's a manga made by Shonen and Izu called Lords of Chaos

Does it ring a bell? Probably not because it was just released this exact year in France.

As I skimmed through the pages, I was awed by the level of artistic work here. It is truly detailed and consistent throughout the manga. I was sure that this was made by a top level Japanese artist.
Here are some shots:

Then something bugged me. The drawings are too perfect, too detailed, too consistent. Is it truly a work of a Japanese artist? I mean you can recognise if it's a manga or a manhwa by the drawing style but this style doesn't correspond to any of those two. It might be more Japanese but it's strange at the same time.
I then began searching in manga updates there is a hit but not much really, no one is scanlating it, then I search again in Google and found something but first I want you to tell me if this style of drawing is made by a Japanese Artist or other?

The answer is in this spoiler

After a bit of searching in some French websites and mangaupdates, Lords of Chaos is a 100% French creation with the authors, Shonen and Izu being French.
Here are links that I found on the manga and one of the author
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=91365
[size=1em]http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=8725[/size]

This makes me wonder, will Japanese publishers translate this French Manga to Japanese? I wonder how Japanese readers will react when they see that Manga is not only a Japanese thing any more?

May 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #73,507 of 177,745
Yeah I was quite right...
doesn't feel as "Japanese", there is quite a bit of western influence that I feel from it.

May 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #73,508 of 177,745
Quote:
I'll just leave it here:
http://forbnl.bandcamp.com/

Finished listening, and quite frankly I liked it. Most people didn't, though.

More experimental Electronica - think of Aphex Twin's "[Equation]" or maybe Amon Tobin's crazier work - I haven't heard him, but that's what people were comparing it to. One of the guys from the duo is responsible for the NeoTokyo soundtrack. Not that they're that much similar...

I was JUST about to post that this sounds like Amon Tobin's more recent work [e.g. ISAM album] until I saw your edit. XD
You're definitely right about it not being everyone's favourite cup of tea. I wouldn't listen to it for pure enjoyment, but rather for the experience of new kinds of sounds and music.

Actually, as I'm listening to "sophi" I'm really liking the part near the end of the song.

Amon Tobin's earlier work was more drum'n'bass.

Quote:
Just bought a FiiO HS2! Multi input and output headphone abx/switcher

Its not a consumer product so obviously i wont ask for a sample.

Plus, it was cheap.

How does an ABX switcher work for hardware? I've used the software add-on for Foobar in Windows.
I would be interested in one mainly to compare amps.

May 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #73,510 of 177,745
Will they offer to teach what x^2=90-x is? I think someone we all know and despise is having a fair bit of trouble with that and the animu thing would arouse help.
Holy Schiit! I've been stuck on the problem x^2=90-2x for the past 2 days, how do I do it?

May 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #73,512 of 177,745
Quote:
Holy Schiit! I've been stuck on the problem x^2=90-2x for the past 2 days, how do I do it?

Didn't you use wolfram alpha?

x^2=90-2x
=> x^2 + 2x - 90 = 0
=> 2^2 - 4*90 < 0
=> No real solution

EDIT: scratch that, I got the sign wrong

from second line:
x = (-2 ± sqrt(4+4*90)) / 2
x = (-2 ± sqrt(364)) / 2
x = -1 ± sqrt(91)

May 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #73,515 of 177,745
Yesterday, I went to my friend's house and he has a moderate collection of mangas (all in French of course). Nothing too interesting and too special. I might say that he's your typical mainstream manga reader until something caught my eye. I haven't heard of this manga before and the authors name didn't ring one single bell. The front cover was intriguing because of the good drawing style. Intrigued by it, I borrowed it.
It's a manga made by Shonen and Izu called Lords of Chaos

Does it ring a bell? Probably not because it was just released this exact year in France.

As I skimmed through the pages, I was awed by the level of artistic work here. It is truly detailed and consistent throughout the manga. I was sure that this was made by a top level Japanese artist.
Here are some shots:

Then something bugged me. The drawings are too perfect, too detailed, too consistent. Is it truly a work of a Japanese artist? I mean you can recognise if it's a manga or a manhwa by the drawing style but this style doesn't correspond to any of those two. It might be more Japanese but it's strange at the same time.
I then began searching in manga updates there is a hit but not much really, no one is scanlating it, then I search again in Google and found something but first I want you to tell me if this style of drawing is made by a Japanese Artist or other?

The answer is in this spoiler

After a bit of searching in some French websites and mangaupdates, Lords of Chaos is a 100% French creation with the authors, Shonen and Izu being French.
Here are links that I found on the manga and one of the author
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=91365
[size=1em]http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=8725[/size]

This makes me wonder, will Japanese publishers translate this French Manga to Japanese? I wonder how Japanese readers will react when they see that Manga is not only a Japanese thing any more?

Manga and anime is popular in france of course

The girl looks like the mc of the fake anime heroman.

I was JUST about to post that this sounds like Amon Tobin's more recent work [e.g. ISAM album] until I saw your edit. XD
You're definitely right about it not being everyone's favourite cup of tea. I wouldn't listen to it for pure enjoyment, but rather for the experience of new kinds of sounds and music.

Actually, as I'm listening to "sophi" I'm really liking the part near the end of the song.

Amon Tobin's earlier work was more drum'n'bass.

How does an ABX switcher work for hardware? I've used the software add-on for Foobar in Windows.
I would be interested in one mainly to compare amps.

It has four plugs and a back plugthat can be used as input or output.
Meaning you can test 4 headphones with one signal
To test headphones at same power tocompare,
Or you can use one headphone to compare
4 amps andor dacs

It was cheap and looks great.
Oy $20 after shipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back