「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 21, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #71,581 of 177,745
I'm enjoying Psycho-Pass at the moment, seems like there are some good anime series to watch lately 
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #71,583 of 177,745
Quote:
Well prom was a thing, and it was an interesting experience for sure.

I decided never to go to a prom after my middle school grad prom.
Bored schiitless.

How's yours?
had fun?

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #71,591 of 177,745
Quote:
haha, my friends watch that show

The show is hilarious. How I Met Your Mother is 2nd out of all of the shows I've seen (and then Regular Show and Adventure Time).
Quote:
Knuckle sandwich? I prefer just a sandwich, without the knuckle. Or a sandwich with exotic crispy waffles in it.

Did not know what those looked like without the side grills.
Quote:
I just don't really like English songs in general. Not really arbitrary, is it? Nothing against good instrumentals.

This.
Quote:
I happen to love Bieber. Guilty pleasure I know.

O.O

jk. I don't judge.
Quote:
I would say the language:

1. I understand English subconsciously. If I lose focus I don't understand Japanese. That means I can tune out lyrics much easier when I need to focus on something else, but still understand lyrics when I want to. 

2. English just isn't a musical language to me. Japanese is very melodic due to lack of ending consonants and limited vowel sounds. Korean has its own charm, but I'm a bigger fan of Japanese for vocals. K-Pop in general is nicer in a lot of respects because the J-Pop industry is too focused on a limited niche in the domestic market (think AKB48). At its best, I think J-Pop > K-Pop, but for a "typical" song K-Pop > J-Pop. 

This.

Still wondering if I should learn Japanese...but my parents are like Chinese first and I have no idea where to start because I dropped out of Chinese school awhile ago since back then (3rd grade) I didn't see the benefit to it.
Quote:

I liked Taylor Swift's early work, hate all her new stuff.
frown.gif

Yeah, it was better before...still don't like 'Murican mainstream music though. I'm not saying all of it because there are probably some great American artists for stuff like chiptune or other songs without lyrics.
Quote:
Handstands and planches on the 3rd floor balcony railing. "Dangerous" I wuz. 
confused.gif

LOL!
Quote:
HOLY SCHIIT MAN!!!
eek.gif

How drunk were you??

This!
Quote:

Haha.

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #71,594 of 177,745
So has anyone picked up Chihayafuru? I remember Tilpo was watching it but it didn't seem like anyone else was. Seriously since it first aired it's easily been one of the best shows in recent memory. Second season is now in its second half and I would be the happiest person alive if they announced a third.

Though, shouldn't get my hopes up. Josei sports manga getting two double cour seasons? Already a bloody miracle. 

I have it downloaded

Since you also give it cred.

Ill watch it in a few weeks :/

I TRIED!!! But can't fins anything!!

What?

Find what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back